Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Exactly, from what I can see this is keeping all of the bad parts of HB2 in place while technically repealing the law itself. It accomplishes nothing other than tricking some dumb CEOs into thinking it's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Agnosticnixie posted:

It's not like it isn't their deepest desire. The literature about the evils of the ideology of gender (what french and spanish language far right catholic groups call not having trans people murdered on sight) is a hell of a lot more open about it than what milquetoast evangelicals are willing to sell to their audiences.

If you look at the real hardline evangelicals like FRC its not too far off, they openly said they wanted LGBT people "exported" from the US and homosexuality recriminalized, and all recognition of trans people totally undone.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Big news, I didn't even know they were hearing this en banc.

https://twitter.com/LambdaLegal/status/849391234263248896

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Agnosticnixie posted:

Sure, but until then don't act like your deal that makes the law even worse is a great exercize in bipartisanship after previously pretending you were abolishing the drat thing.

Exactly, the whole thing looks like a ploy to get their precious sports games back and end the economic boycott rather than actually trying to undo the harm of HB2.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Schizotek posted:

Nah. I know the whole "Clintons are Republicans" meme is swallowed hook line and sinker by most of the forum, but they're pretty much the only people outside of the supreme court who have every gotten anything done for the LGBT crowd.

This is a really absurd statement, there were many politicians helping out LGBT people before the Clintons were even politically active. I do think that some people are too hard on Bill Clinton's gay rights record given the times but there are many, many politicians who have done more to advance LGBT rights than they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

TheKennedys posted:

I know we say this a lot because goons, etc, but honestly there is something very, very wrong with that man's brain and it's only a matter of time before he has either a total narcissistic meltdown or ends up shooting squirrels out the window with a high-powered rifle because he thinks they're ISIS insurgents

Reading articles about Trump from decades ago it seems like he's always been this messed up, or at least since the mid 80s or so.

• Locked thread