Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Chairman Capone posted:

Uh, I have to go... poo poo.

Between this and Donnie trying to come up with a fake name and using Ronnie, he continues to be the best character that isn't played by Maslany.

e: AHHH WHERE WAS THAT BABY'S FACE
(I am watching this week's episode)

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
loving dark souls looking loving demon baby argh

http://postimg.org/image/d7o84i0r5/

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
I binged through the first three seasons and then a couple of episodes from S4 in a week.

- First season and half, up to about an episode or two before the Tony clone was introduced, were page-turning tight.
- I expected to like Helena and Alison the least and ended up liking them the most.
- Very prominent Subarus and Infinitis and conspicuously brand-erased German cars.
- The Neolution going from a front to a controlling layer of the conspiracy ouroboros between S1-S4 is pretty dumb, but the worms and biomods are sufficiently creepy.
- The show is unashamed about putting unneeded characters in storage. Cal, Alison's kids, Tony, the beautician clone, Kendall.
- One of Helena's twins are going to absorb the other to create a chimera just like Kendall is, and that is going to be a major plot point for a short while.

All in all, it is a very entertaining.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Tonton Macoute posted:

I binged through the first three seasons and then a couple of episodes from S4 in a week.

- First season and half, up to about an episode or two before the Tony clone was introduced, were page-turning tight.
- I expected to like Helena and Alison the least and ended up liking them the most.
- Very prominent Subarus and Infinitis and conspicuously brand-erased German cars.
- The Neolution going from a front to a controlling layer of the conspiracy ouroboros between S1-S4 is pretty dumb, but the worms and biomods are sufficiently creepy.
- The show is unashamed about putting unneeded characters in storage. Cal, Alison's kids, Tony, the beautician clone, Kendall.
- One of Helena's twins are going to absorb the other to create a chimera just like Kendall is, and that is going to be a major plot point for a short while.

All in all, it is a very entertaining.

It's way, way too far into gestation for one twin to absorb the other. That's at like the blastula stage, before you even know there's twins.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I have no idea where they're going with this show anymore. WTF.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

13Pandora13 posted:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
It's conspiracies all the way down.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I half expected Beth to have shot Evie in the car and have it be revealed she's the next generation of clones.

Still not ruling it out really.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
They wrapped up the Beth story and got rid of the worst actress on the show in one episode, good stuff.

Also hopefully Clone Boy Toy didn't vomit up too many of his pills.

13Pandora13 posted:

Asian Lady just usurped Susan Duncan. She doesn't give a gently caress about clones, she's all about those weird cheekbots and messing around with actual couples' genetic material, even if it leads to the occasional weird Dark Souls baby we saw last week. She sees herself as a pioneer in the field of genetic modification and has already monetized it instead of researching it (it's pretty hazy how involved Susan is with this side of her business, my impression is that Asian Lady runs it while Susan mostly farts around with Rachel and her CBT).

Both arms of the Duncans' cloning project (the LEDA clones and the boy clones) are just competition to Asian Lady (if they ever manage to deal with the glitches / whatever's killing Cosima), which is why she wiped out Cosima's research and burned The Chain-Smoking Original. Without those her idea is that most of the clones will gently caress off and die sooner or later. What she doesn't know is that appearantly Ditzy Blonde Clone was there when Cosima's Dr. Girlfriend got shot in the parking garage in the last finale (after that one creepy doc tried to spit one of the cheekbots into her mouth and failed).

It's nice to have an antagonist who's just sick of all this clone business for once, this might be the most straightforward plot they've ever had.

Also Scott's a loving idiot for going OH HAY FREE HARD DRIVE LET ME JUST PLUG THIS IN instead of spending the 50 bucks for a 1 TB HD to give them the data on.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:39 on May 20, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
The ongoing video calls surely tell something about budget cuts.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

They wrapped up the Beth story and got rid of the worst actress on the show in one episode, good stuff.

Also hopefully Clone Boy Toy didn't vomit up too many of his pills.

Asian Lady just usurped Susan Duncan. She doesn't give a gently caress about clones, she's all about those weird cheekbots and messing around with actual couples' genetic material, even if it leads to the occasional weird Dark Souls baby we saw last week. She sees herself as a pioneer in the field of genetic modification and has already monetized it instead of researching it (it's pretty hazy how involved Susan is with this side of her business, my impression is that Asian Lady runs it while Susan mostly farts around with Rachel and her CBT).

Both arms of the Duncans' cloning project (the LEDA clones and the boy clones) are just competition to Asian Lady (if they ever manage to deal with the glitches / whatever's killing Cosima), which is why she wiped out Cosima's research and burned The Chain-Smoking Original. Without those her idea is that most of the clones will gently caress off and die sooner or later. What she doesn't know is that appearantly Ditzy Blonde Clone was there when Cosima's Dr. Girlfriend got shot in the parking garage in the last finale (after that one creepy doc tried to spit one of the cheekbots into her mouth and failed).

It's nice to have an antagonist who's just sick of all this clone business for once, this might be the most straightforward plot they've ever had.

Also Scott's a loving idiot for going OH HAY FREE HARD DRIVE LET ME JUST PLUG THIS IN instead of spending the 50 bucks for a 1 TB HD to give them the data on.

I...didn't say I didn't understand what happened, only that I don't get where they're going.

Cosima is hosed, the Castor bloodline/plot has now been rendered...completely pointless, S's mom plotline is now completely pointless, it's basically like they erased anything that happened the last season.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

I like Scott, but I knew that using their very specific, special hard drive was going to lead to a virus or worse. It was a total Samaritan move.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I have to admit, I spent a lot of the episode wondering if Donnie was still knocked out on the floor of the massage parlor. Also, I liked that Felix was dressed up like Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock when posing as the Scotland Yard inspector.

Tonton Macoute posted:

I remember hearing about Orphan Black when it first came out and finally watching it shortly after the end of the first season, and getting completely hooked. Ended up binging all of it in a few days, one of the first times I had ever done that. It's really one of the most suspenseful seasons of any show I've ever seen.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I hope we just get like a solid, takedown revenge arc for the rest of the season. The past couple have been way too many macguffin hunts. I liked that this one got back to building the neolution world that was hinted at in the first season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show is getting kind of tedious.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

13Pandora13 posted:

I...didn't say I didn't understand what happened, only that I don't get where they're going.

Cosima is hosed, the Castor bloodline/plot has now been rendered...completely pointless, S's mom plotline is now completely pointless, it's basically like they erased anything that happened the last season.
Yeah, it kind of looks like the bad guys have won. The protagonists have lost all the stuff they needed to not die. The people who wanted to exploit the protagonists, and therefore at least wanted to keep them alive, are basically hosed. The ones who are currently on top have no interest in keeping the clones alive and would presumably not hesitate to kill them if they get in the way. Maybe they can still expose the illegal human experimentation, but to what end?

Rhyno posted:

This show is getting kind of tedious.
Yeah, my summary may be missing some detail because I was reading Twitter throughout most of the latest episode.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I am just waiting for Helena's bloody revenge when she finds out about the people who killed her mother.

(I know she just took off recently but among the things I was thinking all episode is that it would have been great to have her around as the emergency backstop position to, say, get Cosima out of the Neolution place if things went sideways)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Tiggum posted:

The ones who are currently on top have no interest in keeping the clones alive and would presumably not hesitate to kill them if they get in the way.
The more I think about it, the less sense it makes for Evie to not just shoot Cosima in the head and stuff her in the van with The Original.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes for Evie to not just shoot Cosima in the head and stuff her in the van with The Original.

I was 100% expecting this to happen and was kind of disappointed it didn't. Killing off a founding Clone Club member mid season would be pretty ballsy and would set off Sarah big time.

(edit)

vvv But that doesn't make sense either, because to inflict cruelty you have to have caring/feeling, even if that emotion is negative. Killing her is like euthanizing a lab rat if she doesn't care, it's a liability to keep it alive if you don't care about the experiment anymore.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 23, 2016

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Illinois Smith posted:

It's a cliche villain move. But I think Evie legitimately cares that little for the clones. They're obsolete, useless, and powerless. She probably thinks leaving Cosima to slowly die, stewing in the totality of her loss, is crueler anyhow.
Of course, it never works out that way. Makes for a boring story.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Binge watching catch up for me has been easier to deal with the conspiracy / deals / double crosses.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I like Scott, but I knew that using their very specific, special hard drive was going to lead to a virus or worse. It was a total Samaritan move.

For a geek he should have seen it coming a mile away.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Was just flipping through channels and landed on Ginger Snaps 2. I don't know how I never realized before that Titiana Maslany played Ghost.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Sarah Manning's Drunken Makeout Power Hour

Reeeeally don't give a poo poo about Cosima's Dr. Girlfriend being alive after all and that reveal with Felix going O SORRY I FORGOT went over like a wet fart. Does Evie have her chained up in her cheekbot factory?

also does Evil Detective have weird healing powers? He looked completely fine when they raided the Hendrixes house after Art beat the poo poo out of him earlier in the evening. Is he a mutant superclone?!

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 27, 2016

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Illinois Smith posted:

Sarah Manning's Drunken Makeout Power Hour

Reeeeally don't give a poo poo about Cosima's Dr. Girlfriend being alive after all and that reveal with Felix going O SORRY I FORGOT went over like a wet fart. Does Evie have her chained up in her cheekbot factory?

also does Evil Detective have weird healing powers? He looked completely fine when they raided the Hendrixes house after Art beat the poo poo out of him earlier in the evening. Is he a mutant superclone?!
I can't help but feel the Cosima plot was an utter waste. Delfine being alive is also super dumb.
The police arresting the Hendrixes was worth it all though. Can't wait to see them living in jail.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I've been enjoying this season on the whole, but I really don't like the psychic Kira storyline.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I wish Kira had died after getting hit by that car.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chairman Capone posted:

I've been enjoying this season on the whole, but I really don't like the psychic Kira storyline.

Yeah they realllllly need to drop that. This show has been Science Fiction grounded in "reality" but it's veering into Fantasy at this point. The psychic children trope is one of my least favorites. :(

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been waiting the entire series for these clones to 'activate' and go all Salt or whatever their actual purpose is, but drat, if it didn't happen to Cosima behind that van it never is.

So what's the point of the clones? To take inorganic augmentations without issue? Like that one clone's crazy camera eye?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I don't really care about Rachel's storyline this season but the random imaginary swan that showed up was worth it. I thought she was going to say "You're dying Charlotte and one day I will bury you" instead of "I will die too." Not the greatest mom.

Looks like they've stopped trying to remove the CN Tower from scenes now.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

I've been waiting the entire series for these clones to 'activate' and go all Salt or whatever their actual purpose is, but drat, if it didn't happen to Cosima behind that van it never is.

So what's the point of the clones? To take inorganic augmentations without issue? Like that one clone's crazy camera eye?
They were created in the 70s / 80s. Illegally. The point of them was to see whether it could be done, at least for the LEDA clones. The male ones were made for military service. Not every loving illegal experiment has to lead to suerpowers.

The camera eye is another thing Susan / Evie developed in the 30 years since then, like the cheekbots.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 28, 2016

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
That was a heck of a time jump out of nowhere. It takes weeks to do an egg retrieval, a fortnight if they're extremely lucky with the timing ... or did they already have some Sarah Manning eggs on ice and I forgot/missed it?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Kat Delacour posted:

That was a heck of a time jump out of nowhere. It takes weeks to do an egg retrieval, a fortnight if they're extremely lucky with the timing ... or did they already have some Sarah Manning eggs on ice and I forgot/missed it?

The weird thing is, I was sure the solution was going to be digging up Helena's buried frozen eggs. Although I suppose they had stopped being viable by then.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'm reading old episode synopses/googling it and Nealon asked for it in season 2 finale but I can't remember if they actually went through with it or she broke out before.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

The weird thing is, I was sure the solution was going to be digging up Helena's buried frozen eggs. Although I suppose they had stopped being viable by then.

Oh, that's a point. Those could be OK if the liquid nitrogen hasnt needed a top up yet. Maybe that's what they did and it's a red herring not a time jump?

Edit: Nope, those were fertilised by the proletheans guy according to Google.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jun 3, 2016

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh, that's a point. Those could be OK if the liquid nitrogen hasnt needed a top up yet. Maybe that's what they did and it's a red herring not a time jump?

Edit: Nope, those were fertilised by the proletheans guy according to Google.
When she buried the tank she said something along the lines of "I'm sorry; I didn't know I needed to feed you". So the tank never got topped off and those eggs are toast.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

It's clearly just the show pretending that extracting an egg is as complicated as checking a guy's prostate.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

RIP Duko. You weren't even a likable rear end in a top hat, but you had your moments. Like using Background: Nerd to get a bonus to your intimidation roll.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Rachel and Sarah grudgingly working together to stop Evie Cho is the Tango & Cash sequel the world's been waiting for.

Also: everyone is surprisingly okay with torture followed by execution of a man they had a pile of evidence against. It's not like he was the evil mastermind behind the whole thing; just a bad dude who was good at his bad job but BAM! shot with a hunting rifle indoors don't worry about the mess Scott will clean it up in the morning because it's his turn (?) I assume they torture and execute people in the comic book shop every other week.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

seravid posted:

Also: everyone is surprisingly okay with torture followed by execution of a man they had a pile of evidence against. It's not like he was the evil mastermind behind the whole thing; just a bad dude who was good at his bad job but BAM! shot with a hunting rifle indoors don't worry about the mess Scott will clean it up in the morning because it's his turn (?) I assume they torture and execute people in the comic book shop every other week.
Honestly, between the glasses, haircut, and beard, that fucker had it coming, conspiracy or no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

seravid posted:

Rachel and Sarah grudgingly working together to stop Evie Cho is the Tango & Cash sequel the world's been waiting for.

Yeah Art went surprisingly fast from "you can't kill a cop" to "gently caress yeah torture, go nuts"

^^^^ Duko was a credit to the actor and writers. He wasn't likable; but he felt like a real human being who was very easy to dislike.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 4, 2016

• Locked thread