Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The motorgun level thing driven by the tiny robot that you unlock is extremely badass and I wish there was a level or two in the main game about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Star fox 64 is a masterpiece and it's a shame that mandatory motion controls have to ruin an otherwise decent sequel.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

codenameFANGIO posted:

anyone who bitches about the motion controls is a big fuckin baby imo

Would a baby do this?? *turns off my computer and goes to sleep*

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
No because babies don't know how to operate mice, keyboards, or motion controls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't understand the big deal about motion controls.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I find them extremely frustrating to use

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
motion controls are good for Wii Bowling, and thats it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked them in the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Splatoon. Those are only other Ninty shooters I can think of that use them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Motion controls are good in some games and bad in others. They're good in games like Star Fox and Skyward Sword where you get an experience that you couldn't get with normal controls and games that make them a natural part of the gameplay like Mario Galaxy's pointer+spin and Metroid Prime.

They're bad when all they're really doing is replacing a button press.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, the Wii version of Twilight Princess is one of the worst offenders in that regard

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
They were bad in Mario galaxy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the spin flick. It's been ingrained into my body after hundreds of hours of playing Galaxy that I can't play Rosalina in 3D world because her spin is on a button and it feels wrong

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

corn in the bible posted:

For some reason it never bothered me in the Galaxy games.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

qnqnx posted:

motion controls are cancer

Much like the cargo cult of millennials

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

motion controls are good for Wii Bowling, and thats it

Theu are goog in splatoon

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
splatoon is so good and i love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big ups to all the freaks who got to level 50 in Splatoon.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The spin in galaxy is so natural to use for me that when I tried to play the game upscaled on dolphin I had to set up an actual wii mote with my pc. It just doesn't feel right on a button.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It makes Galaxy a way more physical experience, which is cool.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

:yikes:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Any game that doesn't m ake me grind irl is bad imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ilustforponydeath

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
FactsAreUseless

Wait, what are we playing?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ilustforponydeath

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like motion controls, or at least I want the option to play without them if I don't like how they're done

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ilustfortailsbutthole

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't like motion controls, or at least I want the option to play without them if I don't like how they're done

Eh they patched new controls into Pikmin 3 after a while so you might still get that option eventually

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

splatoon is so good and i love it

it's very good, and the motion controls in it are optional.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

Eh they patched new controls into Pikmin 3 after a while so you might still get that option eventually

Man I hope so. I really want to love this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ilustfortailsbutthole

Really? Did they just add GC controls?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

Really? Did they just add GC controls?

I think they added a stylus control scheme actually. Only Smash supports the GC controller adapter and nothing else ever will. Indie devs have asked to and been told no.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the stylus controls are really good, i played the game like that and hardly realized there was other methods

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think they added a stylus control scheme actually. Only Smash supports the GC controller adapter and nothing else ever will. Indie devs have asked to and been told no.

Only Pokken tournament supports the pokken dpad, which is actually super good. Supposedly it works on pc too, I haven't tried it yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

the stylus controls are really good, i played the game like that and hardly realized there was other methods

Same, I thought those were what the game came with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's neat that they made touch screen controls work without you even needing to look at the second screen.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

gamecube style controls but not supporting the best controller that ever existed, the gamecube controller. just using the two sticks on the wii u gamepad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GameCube posted:

gamecube style controls but not supporting the best controller that ever existed, the gamecube controller. just using the two sticks on the wii u gamepad

ok gamecube

• Locked thread