Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Also remember that Hooli just laid off the entire Nucleus staff *without* no-competes - they're either going to end up with Pied Piper, or Bighead feels bad for them all and starts his own company full of Nucleus rejects

When they showed the scene with the two brogrammers in the Previously On clips, I instantly became convinced they'd end up working for Richard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Deadulus posted:

Huh, looking up the Meinertzhagen's Haversack. The historical ploy was letting a haversack with false plans fall into enemy hands. I wonder if the dropped papers was a trick or if they genuinely hosed up.

This and the reference to Ocean's Eleven made me think that 'getting caught' might be part of the plan somehow. Then again, Judge setting up fans to anticipate an Office Space type scheme and then just ripping the rug out from under us seems just as likely.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I'm not saying that either theory is right because I don't know and we won't know until the next episode airs. Declaring that your personal idea is correct and all others are wrong with no evidence is "pants on head retarded."

All I'm going to say is that if a fake out is well planned and executed correctly, then I don't consider that dishonest film making. Other people might feel differently.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Rexides posted:

I kinda hate it that Jack flipped out at the end, felt really out of character.

I disagree, I think that the scene with him flipping out on Erlich in the previous episode shows that the calm, compassionate demeanor is pretty much reserved for manipulation. Since he had nothing to gain with Erlich, he didn't bother schmoozing him like he did when he was trying to get on Richard's good side.

So when his gambit to put Richard in his place didn't work out because of Monica, he's sort of pushed into that same position. He has nothing left to gain until they can "reconvene" with a different board member.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mortanis posted:

Richard becoming CEO is hopefully so he can learn he shouldn't be CEO. It made sense to fire him at the end of last season as everyone on the planet knows he's not leadership material; Richard himself has yet to learn that lesson. I'm hoping the last half of the season is Richard figuring out for himself what everyone else knew and stepping down, rather than getting fired. Again.

In terms of narrative arc, this would make the most sense. He starts the season out desperately trying to prove that he's worthy of the CEO job. Now that he has it, the logical next step is him getting smacked in the face with the responsibility that comes with that, and he can either rise to meet that responsibility or realize that it's not what he actually wants.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Snak posted:

I think they're definitely ramping up the animosity between them. And you can tell that they know hitting people is crossing a line, because the violence spills over to poor Jared, and we get that shot of him looking sad with a a big red mark on his face from Dinesh hitting him.

The guy who said the series ends with Jared smothering Richard with a pillow for the monster he's become was on the right track, but it's actually going to be him burning down the whole incubator for the monsters they've all become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

gilfoyle has never been a good character. he's edgy dilbert. he's daria meets dennis the menace.

This is what I really like about the limited interactions he has with Russ in season 2. Russ's "jock" personality allows him to cut to the core of Gilfoyle in a way that all of the nerds that surround him just can't, and Gilfoyle knows that Russ is too full of himself for any of his lovely barbs to have any real effect so he just stays silent and slinks away.

• Locked thread