Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
The one thing that really stuck with me is that Jack is kinda right. By all accounts the bubble is about to burst and there's no longer space or time for "grow now, monetize later" unicorns that can just rely on VC money to cover their lack of profits.

I mean, he's sill basically destroying Pied Piper and turning it into a code-for-hire operation, but he's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
In the end the show should just do whatever's funniest, but I enjoy this discussion.

Wouldn't it make more sense for PP to license their algorithm? Just let enterprise use whatever implementation they want while using the licensing fees to finance your R&D and consumer-facing products.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Jared going absolutely overboard with his burn was amazing.

Really thought the programmer girl who extorted them was going to gently caress them anyway.

Personally I think the show excels when it lambasts SV culture, and the actual plot is pretty thin so this episode didn't really work for me.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, idk why they had Monica explicitly say "the UX is fine" when it looks like it's exactly the problem.

Edit: also, a screenshot of the whole desktop without even one easter egg? For shame.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Also it was commentary through satire you goddamn goons.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I always figured that even for normal accounts, Google just keeps everything you've deleted until they need the disk space again.

Or do they actually zero out the space your files were in after you've "permanently deleted them"?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Laurie is sort of a robot but she seemed to genuinely dislike Action Jack after the way he tried to force her into the box deal, so she might have been glad to have a good excuse to sell the shares to anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
This might have been the most unrealistic episode yet.

In real life that fridge would have had an exposed telnet server running on port 23.

• Locked thread