Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

PostNouveau posted:

I thought Jared was an MBA. Also he keeps popping up with answers in such a way that I want an episode where he's quietly putting out all their fires in the background.

Perhaps literally, given what happened last time there was an actual fire.

"Jin-Yiang! Stop burning trash!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
In and of itself, it's not a bad idea either - set up some mass production deals for decent hardware costs, make it the only enterprise-scale backup option using PP's algorithm and quietly sell it. But the marketing pitch is the exact opposite of how to go about monetizing that.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I think the obvious reason for revealing a fake skunkworks plan is probably the best. Make it something completely different and utterly impotent as an option, have Richard beg for their jobs on his knees, and then make it look like they learned their lesson by staying far far away from the leaked 'plan'. Men like Barker will believe they can crush the spirit out of their employees, afterall, especially if faced with devastating financial losses.

That or it really is Richard being a total fuckup again.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I always viewed Hooli as an unholy Google/Apple combo.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I can only imagine that's basically exactly how it went down with the Uber driver he assaulted too. Just a sudden yell of that and then a slap. It makes the scene both more and less funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't think you're alone in that, and the fact that he wasn't harmed in the slightest is kind of weird.

Look, Erlich is just the last Targaryen. That's all.

• Locked thread