Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Repost from the old thread: new things you'll note in the open are Google getting an Alphabet sign, the new Tesla building, the Uber balloon fighting it out with a smaller Lyft balloon, drones everywhere, and a very busy food stand selling Soylent.

Also knowing what I know about Evan Spiegel, the Flutterbeam scenes were hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I drat near did a spit-take during the horse scene (and Action Jack's right, thoroughbred horses can only be properly be produced via "live cover"). This show is so great with absurd humor, which is appropriate considering how absurd this tech bubble is.

e: Also, I checked out the updated website and I loving loved that the sales team all listed playing either lacrosse, squash, field hockey or crew as their hobbies. Of loving course they would.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 2, 2016

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Has Erlich always been at the bottom of the Pied Piper roster because he's a "board member" only? Because if that's new it's hilarious.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shageletic posted:

The hell is this. I don't know who you are talking about.

RIGBY this episode was written by Megan Amram, a comedian who's apparently done a ton of other stuff. A shiny new dime says the nickname is related to a comedy podcast of some sort: I don't listen to or care about podcasts, mostly because my car is a bit older and thus doesn't have an AUX jack.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Rocco posted:

I fully admit I could have been distracted or just too tired for proper brain function, but for some reason I'm confused as to what Erlich was signing with Big Head on last week's show. I wasn't grasping it for some reason. Can anyone sum it up?

Look at this for a clue: http://www.bachmanity.com

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I'm already wanting to punch Richard for going "m'lady" with Winnie.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

If you're curious: Winnie was played by Bridey Elliott, whose father was only The Guy Under The Seats, Skink the Bounty Hunter, and arguably the best part of Late Night that wasn't named Larry "Bud" Melman.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Golden Bee posted:

Gilfoyle feels like he hasn't had a subplot in years

His girlfriend is returning next week, so at least that's something.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

you guys are all forgetting what's important about tonight's episode: we're getting the return of Gilfoyle's girlfriend

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Medullah posted:

She's a Satanist who wants to have sex with Dinesh, and Gilfoyle is fine with that.

Plus she's played by Milana Vayntrub (you know, the AT&T girl)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Throughout all the scenes about sending beta invites to other techies, I kept thinking to myself that they totally made a platform that's by engineers for engineers. The wide release of the beta is going to crash and burn with the general public because Monica's right - non-engineers are going to hate it.

Also this season needs more Jin Yang. Halfassedly pranking Erlich is great.

Is your refrigerator running? My name is Mike Hunt.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Finally got around to watching the ep, and out of everything I think I laughed hardest at the last scene of the next-ep promo.

Because...who doesn't laugh at Clippy references?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

take a look at the new Hooli website, which is going all-in with Action Jack's B2B Box: http://hooli.xyz

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

of course the guy Gavin's getting the Peter Thiel Dracula treatment from is named "Bryce"

e: "Osama Bin Fuckin" is now my new favorite name Gilfoyle's given Dinesh

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 22, 2017

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://breamhall.com

(I agree, "Cardinal" is a poo poo nickname, but then again Furd is a poo poo school)

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 22, 2017

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I honestly can't wait to see what happens with Ed Chambers.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

YES, they're doing an Internet Of poo poo plot

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

someone on AV Club pointed out that the patent lawyer had a box of Flutie Flakes on his bookshelf--and if you either hate football or aren't from Western New York, all the proceeds from the sale of Flutie Flakes went to benefit kids with autism, as Doug Flutie's kid is autistic.

yes, he's that big of a dick to sue a charity initiative. (also Flutie Flakes were pretty tasty.)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

BonoMan posted:

Zach Woods is the single greatest part of SV. Like, I might be sad if some of the others ended up going... but I'd refuse to watch anymore if he left.

Him and Jimmy O. Yang are really the breakout stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Seeing all those Internet Of poo poo fridges with this on them made that episode:

• Locked thread