Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

I loved Jack's throwaway "well, thoughts & prayers obviously" line when he was told about the truck driver dying.

I also loved that. Everything about it, especially the way in which the line was delivered--there was no mistaking that it was an automatic response that one must make because of etiquette.

It's quite a powerful statement on the true worth of the oft-used variants of "sending thoughts and prayers" in times of tragedy. It truly has become naught but a "Bless you!" that people blurt out when tragedy sneezes on us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I love how Jared focused on both the pettiness of playing a prank that resulted in them getting busted, and in the laziness of said prank. "'Poop'-Fare?" he asks with incredulous disgust dripping from his clearly disappointed face. He has just seen the emperor's new clothes.

Uncle Jerry's Game can't save Jared now.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Jeoh posted:

Pakistan is rogue Indian territory.

You mean 1870s Montana?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Were Erlich's last words "Big head?" Because that's oddly poetic.

I am getting a little tired of Richard's inability to understand basic business theory, especially since he never seems to try to delegate this responsibility--an area where he's clearly not competent--to someone who knows poo poo from Shinola. Russ said it a season or two ago--"You don't know how your loving company works?" And he doesn't. At a certain point, I think he'd get someone on board who at least knows that it may not be a good idea to offer flat rate pricing on data storage when you're using a 3rd party vendor to actually store the data, and they don't charge a flat rate.

But, at the end of the day, Richard pulled a Bighead and failed upward. The idea that families and salesmen would fail to do something about a smart fridge whose screen features a mime making an inappropriate gesture (complete with text that removes any ambiguity) is a little hard to believe, honestly, but that's what we're left with until next season, I guess.

I loved Jared's breaking away from the group, his reluctant adherence to the concept of a 2-week notice, his brutal honesty, and then the fact that with less than 24 hours notice, he was able to set up a threesome. Or foursome; it's hard to tell. Fivesum? He did have to cheer himself up. And effortlessly, he just got some chicks. I love it. This guy fucks.

(Gilfoyle's eyes, though... I love that his only handy set of contacts are cat-themed cosmetic lenses.)

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

In a shocking twist, the trailer at the beginning of the season actually hid a plot point rather than spoil it. In the interview in this episode, Jared says "we are still essentially a criminal operation, whose only real product is dangerous malware." Whereas in the trailer, he says "We are essentially a criminal operation whose only real product is large scale fraud." Or maybe that was just another take they did that got sent to the trailer people and a different take was used in the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oltCLzdHLQo

I think it (the line used in the trailer vs. the line in the episode) was misdirection. I mean, let's say the trailer had Jared saying "dangerous malware." That means that the last couple/few episodes would have been spoiled a little bit the moment that Richard started hinting at using the cell phones at Hoolicon to store the data. The fridge reveal may have also felt a little telegraphed, seeing as how it literally was malware.

So, they changed the line to something on theme, but not the exact detail. It works for me. Actually, it seems a little clever, albeit easy to abuse as an advertising tool.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
You all honor me by giving me gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

So we're just doing quotes from other TV shows right

I think all right-thinking people in this thread are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this thread with being sick and tired.

I am certainly not.

(And I am sick and tired of being told that I am.)

• Locked thread