Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hed posted:

Gavin's mafioso security guy (Hoover?) is a really underrated character who was cast really well.

He's one of my favorite parts (even though he's relatively new) of the show now and they use him in the perfect amount (aka the "Jean Ralphio Ratio").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Solice Kirsk posted:

If this series doesn't end with Richard being bought out for $10mil I'm gonna be very disappointed.

If you think this series will end with anything other than Richard broke walking off hat in hand into the sunset you are a fool.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

DrBouvenstein posted:

Looks like Russ has a new car, with a new type of door, to buy:
http://jalopnik.com/the-crazy-doors-on-the-rezvani-beast-are-the-first-trul-1789088283

I'm curious how that kind of door is demonstrated via moving one's arms...

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

get that OUT of my face posted:

Good lord, Erlich's mustache. I am ready.

I just keep seeing a Weezer album.

The Brown Album.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Shageletic posted:

It's been so long, and there's been so many iterations of the plot. What were they selling again now? Video streaming?

Looks like VR in the trailer

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Binary Logic posted:

Also great callback when they're in Gavin Belson's room, the car says "Select destination" to Jared and he shudders and runs away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UBdrMTxsvs

That was my favorite part of this episode. And his woos.

He really is the best character.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
"I will talk them into suicide" was my favorite part

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

FeastForCows posted:

Is there any explanation why this show has so much ADR done? It really sticks out for me and I feel it's done much more than on any other shows I've watched.

I noticed that a lot this episode. Very distracting. And it was when people weren't facing camera so it felt more like they needed some story cleanup/clarification rather than a recording problem.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

victorious posted:

The delivery of this line was incredible.

Zach Woods is the single greatest part of SV. Like, I might be sad if some of the others ended up going... but I'd refuse to watch anymore if he left.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Snak posted:

Like I said, it's probably my favorite beer. It's not cheap enough to drink all the time, and it's quite filling. But also 9% alcohol.

Fuckkkkk and he drinks it at like 9 in the morning

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

GigaPeon posted:

Apparently it's a brand name? https://www.wifipineapple.com/

It's also a wifi router specific to hacking other unsecured wireless connections so it's not just a normal router (from what I can gather).

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ein cooler Typ posted:

do you think Ed Chambers fucks

Ed Chambers doesn't gently caress, he just acts like it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

PostNouveau posted:

I'm starting to come around because it's looking more and more likely that he's going for an Andy Kaufman thing.

It absolutely is. He's an absurdist. This is what he does. I loving love it personally as I often behave the same way.

Now, being an absurdist comes from like... one of the deeper levels of insecurity - so I wouldn't say it's a *positive* trait necessarily. But I totally identify with it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Please do not act the same way TJ Miller does in interviews

That is, uh, not what exactly what I meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Reminder that Mel Brooks and WB cartoons use absurdist humor, so it's not like he's even close to doing that "medium" well either. I think he's not as funny or important as he thinks he is and once this cache of movies is over he may very well slip into obscurity, or wind up just doing voice over commercials the rest of his life.

Ok it's actually more Dada than it is absurdism. Because he is not going for the same thing Mel Brooks and WB cartoons are. They may be absurd as in "over the top" but he's on the Dada side of things which is "rejecting reason and logic."

• Locked thread