Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

This show is so great. I still stand by my opinion that it is not in fact a parody at all, and is actually a documentary playing out with people who just look like some actors.

The music in this show (and anything Mike Judge has done) is always great. Made me need RTJ 3 more than I thought I needed it.

I am sick, I will punch your baby bear in his poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Hell yes, more Andy Daly
Everyone watch Review, it's incredible.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I swear I've been in meeting exactly like those.

"Hi, Dave from SE regional, when you said that X isn't a feature you're aware of, we sold X to a new client and it's going to be a huge deal for us. So you misspoke?"

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

roffles posted:

Employees could presumably access their companies' data through the PP appliance via VPN or something and reap the bandwidth savings.
Just FYI you would make a good product manager. Turning dumb bullshit into vaguely accurate sounding dumb bullshit.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hooli is more of a caricature of Silicon Valley tech companies in general than a shot at any one of them.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

They're not back to nothing, they have the algorithm that Jack is all over and the new internet thing. I think the licensing ideas could keep that going as funding for either their mesh internet or a totally new thing.

For example, how many octopus recipes could you have with that kind of compression. 80, 88, 800?! 888?!!!

Edit: I mean it's pretty obvious that the Jack Barker storyline has something to do with licensing or perhaps otherwise owning the tech. The Piper Chat license could end up being used all over Hooli, as a good deal for the guys (IBM) or a shitwreck (Hooli now has unlimited use for free).

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 2, 2017

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Phenotype posted:

That's exactly where they were at the start of the show -- they had Richard's compression algorithm and they were trying to get it funded and worrying about Gavin Belson claiming the IP.
Maybe it's because I work for a company in the Silicon Valley into but this is actually a point for accuracy for me. In fact the entire show in my opinion is not a parody at all. :smith:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

get that OUT of my face posted:

That's the mark of a good Mike Judge work- bizarre enough to be funny as hell, but relateable enough to be dead-on accurate about the culture it's portraying.
He's great. I lived in Austin for a while and knew some guys that worked in buildings next to Initech or whatever it was called.

Last year I was at our company's big conference and the branding would probably read as unrealistic if used on Silicon Valley. Keynotes Gavin Belson would fit into seamlessly.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

MiddleOne posted:

I feel he's pretty much been typecast after his stunning performance as 'annoying insecure hipster' in You're the Worst.
Sunday Funday better than a Monday!

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It's a bike for people who use "team building" as a noun to use for a quick team building.

I work remotely in a huge corporation and that is exactly what I'd expect to find in an open campus location. I usually go to office towers which don't have the space. They have small coffee pots and keep the "good sandwiches" three floors down in a vending machine to ensure people keep focused while eating or on breaks.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Wrong, that's a hot dog right there.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My only beef with Not Hotdog is that when you tap Share, it just shares a stock image of a hot dog with Jin Yang. Which is cool, but I want to share the stupid pictures I take with a NOT HOTDOG caption.
Think about that for a second.

Edit: well I guess it's still on you if you post a dick with NOT HOTDOG or possibly HOTDOG but they probably don't want their app involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Guess everyone died, that's fine.

The Palmer Luckey joke was great, but the original is actually still funnier.

I thought I attached an image....oh well, loving phone app.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 19, 2017

• Locked thread