Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This show is great when it's engineers ribbing each other and arguing about code.

It's really bad when it's Richard highjinks like slamming his nose on the desk or tripping over a wire at a mom-joke. More Gilfoyle, less Richard and Big Head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd like to mention that I had never heard of Slack and still got the joke. Thanks to this thread I've downloaded it.

I'd also like to mention the technical arguments in this thread are far superior to many other threads so don't get down on yourselves. Arguing about coding and startups is highly preferable to arguing about duel wielding anime swords in the Game of Thrones thread.

At least the arguments in this thread have a practical application. I never need to know how to duel wield swords or the proper phalanx to storm a castle. Stop calling yourselves nerds when LARPers are running around.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Blockade posted:

As a professional security rear end in a top hat/linux dev, it bums me out that non-it nerds itt are acting like taking your job too seriously is an IT thing.

Its really more of a goon thing as evidenced by that lumberjack guy in the game of thrones thread getting mad about some characters woodworking skills or whatever.

Could be a west coast US thing i guess tho, where im at IT is basically seen as accounting or plumbing or whatever other boring middle class trade.

I'm like 400 posts behind in that thread but that sounds like something I have to read in order to be up on the sick burns.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Linked In is loving worthless (or 26 billion I guess). Has anybody ever gotten a job with it? ever.

It's basically vendors and sales-based retards trying to connect with people in corporations. Unless people have experiences that differ than mine. I'm not sure what Microsoft wants with it, short of integrating Word with the resume software. Do they just want the customer base?

Basically does anyone think this will help either company?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean don't get me wrong I have an account and spent a lot of time trying to limit how often that stupid company would send me worthless emails. I got it just perfect. Then when I was out of a job I actually tried to use it to find a job and it was hilariously pointless. I feel like you go about getting a job the normal way and then after you get the interview that's when it comes in handy. Which means it's basically a glorified resume site.

It was pretty funny for a while there when linked in, yahoo and gmail were all trying to turn their email hosts into some kind of wanna-be facebook social media poo poo, like I'm going to chat with my friends through that. Which brings us to Hotmail, which just changed all their poo poo around today.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never thought about it but if you didn't want Microsoft to have your information but you did want Linked In to have it I guess you're just screwed and don't have any other choice? Microsoft now has a huge database of people. Maybe that's what they want. There's definitely some angle they aren't morons.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

gret posted:

At the very least Erlich could've refinanced his house to pay his debts.

Depends on his equity. If that house is worth 1.5m and he has half of it paid off there is no refinancing he could do to get 750k of liquid cash or whatever.

I was thinking a loan to pay immediate debts. I'm not sure the details of using stock as collateral, however.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Have you guys read this?

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cu...=social_twitter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As opposed to getting raped then flayed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's already cost him $2m so far.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Richard is a bad CEO but then again he's the best engineer they have.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Whoa, Dr. Octagon

Had to explain to girlfriend who this was and how kind of unbelievable it is to have a Dr. Octagon song in...anything.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

100% of white 31 year-old females living in my house have zero idea who he is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When Hank thinks he'll have zero problem taking on a pimp voiced by Snoop Dog and Peggy warns him about the dangers and Hank says "He's from Oklahoma."

You seriously can't get more perfect Texas than that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah South Park is better too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watch the Mr. Meeseeks episode if you want to see why everyone is crazy for it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So your problem is reddit

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So they're going to give free phones to everyone at hoolicon I'm assuming with their algorithm pre-loaded. Remember how pissed people got when they had to have a U2 album on their phone?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mrmcd posted:

All the "Californians lose their poo poo when it's only a little bit cold" jokes were a little too real.

I went to a bar in Hollywood when it was 38 outside and they brought out this giant copper drum full of hot spiced cider with booze in it and everyone who had braved the cold to venture out to this bar was treated to free cider all night which is definitely illegal but that's okay because what cop would go out on a day like that?

I finally knew how it felt to live in Alaska.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's sad to see an actor you like having a train wreck in slow motion. He should stick to more subdued roles like Deadpool.

This is just a reminder that everything associated with the Emoji movie is garbage. Including Sir Patrick Stewart's penchant for doing trash for a dollar.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My gf recently started in VO for games. The entry-level pay for the lowest, non-union noob without representation whatsoever is 200/hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Both of those are union things.

• Locked thread