Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I got excited when Dog (or is this the smaller one with a different name?) showed up and my wife stared at me with a blank expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You know it's a phrase that didn't originate with Omar, right...?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I like that "looking too far into this poo poo" is referencing the exact strategy they mention in the show.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

TwoStepBoog posted:

A little late to the party, but this season will definitely end with Big Head being CEO.

I do think that's possible, but I also think Erlich might bankrupt him, since he's basically taking control over Big Head's 20m and Big Head doesn't say no to anything.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Pathos posted:

The absolute best thing about this episode is that it has caused people to argue about spaces/tabs and brace placement unironically while simultaneously arguing that the episode was stupid. Just A+ poo poo.

This x10000

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah I thought it was incredibly petty and ridiculous and struggled believing that a guy like Richard would be as obsessive about this sort of poo poo as he was depicted but I guess it's an actual thing people murder each other over? who knew.

Always remember this show is scary-accurate.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

As a UX designer I am very giddy to joke with my engineering when this show goes the "product sucks without design" route. I'm sure the show will make me regret this feeling.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Accretionist posted:

Isn't Snapchat the sexting app? That's all anyone I know who uses it uses it for. Self-destructing dirty pics.

How old are you? I'm genuinely asking that. From what I've seen older people seem to only think of snapchat as a sext app, but younger people use it as a primary means of communication.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well you can basically integrate anything with it to pull or push information to/from another service. Also for our company, when it came out, the mobile app was 1000000x times nicer than skype's.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you think IRC is a viable business communication solution you are deep in a bubble.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Basically PP should be simple and adorable like https://tinypng.com and oh hey, they have an api if you need advanced use.

They also need the panda.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm pretty sure my wife watches it with me only for Jared jokes.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

I legitimately don't understand how the response to "our UX is garbage" isn't "hire a UX team".

Investing in UX is still something companies have a hard time doing, especially smaller start ups where the founders think they know best.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well they had money for a UX guy when they first addressed the problem. Richard opted for those seminars and trade shows instead because he thought the platform couldn't be changed.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I imagine HD video chat just doesn't work in many many many countries where data speeds are below 4g.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Monica would be the CRO, Jared could be the COO, Erlich could be the CMO.

I just wanted to write a post of acronyms.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

So how much of the company does Richard currently own? Why would he need shares from Erlich? Wouldn't he have his own from being part owner? Or are those additional shares that he got from being CEO? Sorry, I don't understand poo poo like this at all.

The board voted to sell the company. Bachmanity owns 100% of it, and as of right now that is 50% Erlich, 50% Bighead. They'll have to work out deals with all the guys though because they have no money to pay them salaries.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They have them up in Northeast PA. Gotta survive without coal somehow.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

ElCondemn posted:

I think the problem is that you think this is a different industry.

Well both things can be true. I agree I work in tech and the constant upwards / downwards trajectory is very realistic, that doesn't mean people enjoy watching it.

Personally I haven't felt like it's lost and steam and how successful they are doesn't impact what I find funny on the show.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

His explanation makes it even better. Tries to justify it because his dad was a WW2 vet.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I want a face off between Ed Chen and Ed Chambers.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

Which is now being used in every device that will be running Feldspar's VR demo?

No, the integration with PP died with the deal and Hooli's middle-out compression is running it now.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They can pull a Veep and break apart the cast and group them. It's been working well (IMO) there.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They can still deny him an exit visa and/or have his passport "stolen."

He also has no money and Jian Yang only bought him a one way ticket.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The best part of the episode was easily Jack doing a parody of Steve Ballmer's "I LOVE THIS COMPANY".

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Cingulate posted:

Didn't he die in Deadpool?

No.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

And when TJ Millers career doesn't go anywhere he can come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

One of my favorites is the guy who outsourced his six digit salaried job to a chinese contractor for 1/5 the cost while browsing reddit all day:
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/17/business/la-fi-mo-man-outsourced-job-to-china-20130117

• Locked thread