Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Where the hell is Bighead?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

roffles posted:

The main issue I have with the current storyline is that I feel like places like insurance companies would be the last people to ever sign on. Regardless of how good/cheap your tech is they should've been laughed out of the office the second they said 'we're going to back your data up on a decentralized network of random people's mobile devices'

I worked with insurance companies for almost a decade, and this is absolutely true. They do use digital storage for a lot of their stuff, but they have every original signed contract stored somewhere in their archives. I had to get the original contract for a dispute on a 50 year old whole life contract and the company had it sealed and sent to their agent with in 3 weeks. And we had to send it right back after we reimaged it for our review. They don't gently caress around with retention poo poo.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 14, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Merging the insurance your business needs with the social media connection you deserve. Welcome to the future of socially aware, home sourced, artisanal insurance policies. Welcome to Insurero.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nah, the government can't do anything about it because it's on people's phones man! The government can't regulate people's pones!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cingulate posted:

Oh god. This is already a thing right? I can find this on the App Store correct?

If it's not I would be open to starting up with you guys.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How many more episodes do we have this season?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, I don't see how they're gonna wrap anything at all up in one episode, so we may be having the "new internet" thing going next season. Only with a Richard baby thrown in.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I already made that joke! And even skillfully wove an Office crossover into it. :mad:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Action Jack knows his stuff. There's still been a complete lack of Bighead from the show and it needs to be fixed in the finale.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think they've grown all that much as characters either. But I still like the show despite its flaws. I also don't think it's like "the best written comedy ever" or anything either, which helps.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wonder if Jamiroquai got paid for this episode.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

VagueRant posted:

I remember that episode where they bought an office and it felt like they were moving up in the world and things were changing and it felt good and fresh and nice and then...I dunno, Richard hosed it up and they were all back at Erlich's by the next ep? Sigh.

Yeah, that's this shows whole deal. It's been that way for 4 years, I don't think it's gonna change now. Depending on the finale I may give up watching it week to week and just binge it on a random weekend once season 5 is completed.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And now they want to create a free internet with no regulations....except for the phones that the new internet is all on. So every generation of phones has to redistribute huge chunks of internet storage.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I could see Jared leaving at the end of the season with everyone else. But they'll all be back together at Erlichs by episode two of season 5.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just call them Asian.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So we're back at season 1 again. Maybe this time we'll be rooting for Gavin. I know I will be.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's because of Monica. She's the only person Richard listens to.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jared's interview was probably the funniest thing the entire season. And the cap of him just nonchalantly saying "Arson" almost made me have to pause the show because I was laughing so hard.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YOEEpWAXgU

This was awesome.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

So we're just doing quotes from other TV shows right

I aquit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He doesn't have the comedic chops to pull a move like this off. He's not funny enough to pretend to not be funny like Kaufman did.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Reminder that Mel Brooks and WB cartoons use absurdist humor, so it's not like he's even close to doing that "medium" well either. I think he's not as funny or important as he thinks he is and once this cache of movies is over he may very well slip into obscurity, or wind up just doing voice over commercials the rest of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And Bill Cosby was funnier.

• Locked thread