Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It feels like they are writing him out. I hope thats not the case, because TJ is a funny dude and brings a lot to the show. though he is definitely being made out to be a right rear end in a top hat this season and its ruining his character.

Gilfoyle still best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Monica's right about Slack. How the gently caress is that $3B?

I know right? its literally IRC in a fancy UI.

same as whatsapp/FB group chats.

I think SnapChat is still the biggest "how is this valuable" app I have come across however.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

It's definitely not irc with a fancy ui. It's also not the same as WhatsApp.

If you're only using Slack for chatting and chatrooms, you're not taking full advantage of it. There are countless integrations which can make workflows easier. I'm on my phone so I won't go into it in detail, but checkout Slack integrations and also "ChatOps".

Yeah these applications that allow you to have 'rooms' to 'chat' in are nothing at all like IRC.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

TJs podcast has been pretty good. sometimes a bit too much on the absurdist side of things but has started being incredibly funny around the time he was filming Season 1 of SV.

Overall I thought this season was pretty ordinary and TJ Miller phoning it in definitely didnt help. The whole cast is strong enough that they dont need Erlich around, but I would have rathered they lose Richard instead.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its not like he isnt funny, its just that the vast majority of people dont find absurdist humor funny because its their first exposure to him.

Listening to his podcast even, its rarely the highlight of any of the episodes and what is usually the funniest bit is regular story/anecdotal comedy, or the in-jokes with the other host, which is what I think most peoples only exposure to absurdist comedy is.

• Locked thread