Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roffles
Dec 25, 2004
RIGBY, I'm looking forward to episodes where he's not being a super whiny diva which is weird because it seemed like he started off not wanting to be A BOSS in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

bull3964 posted:

While I can agree that Richard gets a bit whiney sometimes, his reaction is exactly on point in this episode.

I mean, his baby is being taken away from him. Yes, it's better for the overall health and success of the company, but he was voted out as CEO of his own company just when it was getting successful. It's a completely human reaction to have.

The whole episode was about everyone's journey to figure out their proper place.

In a vacuum, I agree that his reaction in this episode was well within reason, but being a giant baby and storming out after Ron lays out the truth about how he only has himself to blame for this situation is not. Though we got that hilarious mustache scene so it's cool. I just think they need to do a turnaround on his character soon, which I think is happening with how the episode ended.

I guess the fact that he basically has to change one letter in his title after all his massive fuckups is a testament to his genius and he should be happy that he gets to continue to just Write Code. It'll be interesting to see where they take Jack Dorsey Barker, he's clearly not as chill as he seems to be, right?

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

And I loving died at Bighead's reason for needing to think about taking 20 million dollars. He'd give up 20 mil just to hang out all day on a roof with other vesting nerds. Hoping he winds up at Pied Piper.

I wouldn't be surprised if he turned it down because he actually is that stupid, then Gavin thinks it's a power move and he fails upward yet again into like 50 million.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Even the bit characters like the doctor are amazing.

That whole interaction with the sales people made me sad, ITS TOO REAL :(

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

SnatchRabbit posted:

But didn't the arbitration make all the employee agreements null and void? Wouldn't all the work they did on hooli time be up for grabs?

They mentioned that not all the employment contracts had the illegal non-compete clause. I'd assume these (ex)-Nucleus guys didn't have illegal contracts or else they could've just let them go without severance and reclaim the stock options as the lawyers mentioned earlier.

I can see Jack hiring them to protect the Pied Piper stock, which probably sets up the main conflict for the rest of the season and hopefully ends with the BigHead funded new venture for season 4!

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

Xoidanor posted:

Once again, how does the box fit into this?

Employees could presumably access their companies' data through the PP appliance via VPN or something and reap the bandwidth savings.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

My past VP of Tech and CTO both loving hated cloud, some of it rational, a lot of it not.

I hate the cloud sometimes because basically yeah our infosec guys are a real pain in the rear end so Jan the man really hit me in the feels when she was talking about privacy :) FINE WE CAN HOST IT ON PREMISE JUST MAKE THIS MEETING END

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

First and foremost, data rates.

The main issue I have with the current storyline is that I feel like places like insurance companies would be the last people to ever sign on. Regardless of how good/cheap your tech is they should've been laughed out of the office the second they said 'we're going to back your data up on a decentralized network of random people's mobile devices'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

bull3964 posted:

Yes, there was, it was costing them a fortune. They had to get it completely off the servers ASAP.

In fact i don't think they had a choice as Azure was going to cut them off in 5 business days due to non-payment so they are definitely losing access to the data there. Looks like the pied piper boys are in quite a pickle unless the phone explosions wind up showing how resilient their mesh network is and they get funded for 100 million dollars or something.

alternate explanation all the phones are offloading to hooli networks and THE BOX and the insurance data is there so they have to beg Jack Barker to save them.

• Locked thread