Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those drat racist Japanese. They are all terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, goddamn. Renters basically have no rights here in Colorado and it's hosed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

We'll have to wait and see if they sacrificed a great plot idea for it, but in the short term that ending was an incredible gag.

I'm thinking that it was some sort of fakeout (not necessarily on their part but the show itself)

Deadulus posted:

Huh, looking up the Meinertzhagen's Haversack. The historical ploy was letting a haversack with false plans fall into enemy hands. I wonder if the dropped papers was a trick or if they genuinely hosed up.

Hm, Interesting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Avasculous posted:

It was kind of odd that the clueless sales guy took one glance at a page that said "skunkworks" and immediately comprehended the power struggle between Jack and Richard and the conspiracy afoot.

Yeah it was overshadowed by the gag, but that seemed really outlandish.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Everything from the slo mo rap to Jareds joke to Richard tripping and the cut to poison was perfect. I actually cried I was laughing so hard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That bulldog.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't smoke but I have known many Ehrlich's in my life so i really appreciated that scene.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I liked his water bison story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow, I didn't catch that at all. I probably would have noticed if she was more logical about her situation.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought Hanneman was a mish mash of different people.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really like Thomas middleditch. Why does he have to be the Verizon guy? It's going to make me hate him.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Russ is never not good.

The music choice was nice and topical this time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why didn't Gavin just say no to the Jackson Hole detour?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's funny that they have licensed practically every lovely nu metal mega hit now for Russ to peel off in his car to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love Dinesh but that hair gel and blazer really had me rooting against him lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VR will come into play in some capacity since it's in the season preview.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd take him over Jared Leto

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

empty baggie posted:

Every podcast I've heard Middleditch on, he's been almost the opposite of his SV character. Energetic, almost manic, cracking stupid jokes in silly voices over and over, and is both genuinely funny and extremely annoying. He seems to be just as big of a nerd IRL, but in a completely different way.

He was on one of those late shows, Colbert I think, and he got really into some story about how he used to have lan parties and one of the guys brought a water cooling unit for his PC. He giggled the whole time he enthusiastically talked about it and realized most of the way through that no one was laughing and just kind of flamed out. I laughed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They probably have motors to move them around but you are definetly powering them with the pedals. I did one for a bachelor party and they are really loving stupid and you look like a weekend warrior idiot on them. I know you have to power them with the pedals because only like 4 of the 15 people invited actually showed and we had to pedal it on our own .They are also comically expensive to rent.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh yeah that is maybe the worst part. We were blocking traffic the whole time and it was in the neighborhood I lived in and I always cursed those things, and here I was on one, being the pos that every local hates. They also blast incredibly loud lovely music.

It was also 400 dollars for 1.5 hours and the dude acted like he got stiffed when he only got tipped like $100. gently caress those miserable things.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 11, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

so many great burns in this one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Spoiler everything. spoiler nothing. you can't win.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't remember people getting mad when Christopher Evan Welch died and news articles got posted about it on SA.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm all for just spoilering anything if someone asks, just out of courtesy because it takes like 2 seconds. Tbh it wouldn't have even crossed my mind to spoiler that an actor is publicly leaving a show either though. It's not even a GOT situation where the people involved are trying to hide it. It's all over entertainment headlines right now. Everything that is going to happen with him is just wild speculation.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

cosmically_cosmic posted:

I dunno, as someone who avoids 'entertainment news' like the plague, I only ever see this kind of stuff in these threads. I like to just watch the show and learn of a characters appearance/leaving through the show itself :V rather than having that experience... spoiled?

Yeah but do you really think you wouldn't have run into that info before the next season airs in well over a year? If it was plot related and the producers were trying to hide it, I think I'd understand more (like killing off a character and them being spotted on set down the line or something) but this is just a dude leaving his job and it will effect the plot in some way out of necessity.

Like I was saying, I hate people that ruin things or argue that they are within their rights to ruin something because of X reasons, but at the same time there is only so much people can do and if someone is that sensitive to any info related to something, they are probably just best off going into a blackout.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I saw TJ Miller quite a few times years ago and met him a few times, because we had mutual friends and was sort of shocked that he blew up, cause I found him super unfunny and annoying. He's loving hilarious on SV though, so I am converted but I don't think I'd want to be around him for extended amounts of time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Erlichs comments about his tits had me laughing so hard I had to pause it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Poor guy really turned out to be incredibly strange looking.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imao people calling Gilfoyle a bad character, maybe it just rings a little to close to home for you because Gilfoyle is good poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like that he takes credit for Gilfoyles beard because a guy in his movie had a beard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else immediately recognize the boyfriend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwofYhUJEM

MadJackal posted:

I hope so, because that was the perfect suicide bomber joke possible. It deserves attention.

I picked up on it right away but somehow completely missed the last 2 lines. I thought they were setting up a whole scenario so I am glad it panned out as a really funny brief joke.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 20, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1kuYYhtJPw

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I watched Mike and Dave need wedding dates (don't watch it. It's irredeemably bad) yesterday and Kumails part in that was...Uh.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Phi230 posted:

Uhhhhmazing? It was awesome don't be a snob

Kumail was. The movie was not.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ready player one is annoying nerd culture enthusiast's wank rag.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You're from what ocean?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

priznat posted:

https://twitter.com/EmojiMovie/status/889533267287744513

Congrats, emoji movie.

Patrick Stewart looks overjoyed to be there.

The liquid stains all over his shirt really make the photo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah except it's also not that funny. He's kind of just coming off like a turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If it was like, Nathan Fielder or something I'd probably be on board. This, however just sort of seems like a legit meltdown thinly veiled as comedy.

• Locked thread