Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SLOSifl posted:

I swear I've been in meeting exactly like those.

"Hi, Dave from SE regional, when you said that X isn't a feature you're aware of, we sold X to a new client and it's going to be a huge deal for us. So you misspoke?"

Yea this is uncomfortably close to reality

I don't even work in software, I work in Finance but it's great when there's a massive cost saving initiative and then sales comes out and is like "HEY IT'S ONLY $40k WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?! I TOLD MY CUSTOMER IT'LL BE A GLOSSY FINISH"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

enki42 posted:

Haha, I know the feeling. Except in my case I was the CTO who quit. This show is so shockingly accurate at times it's downright uncomfortable, right down to crazy "moonshots" teams. It's that special sort of uncomfortable where you can't even really mention how close to home it is without insulting some of the people who have obvious counterparts in the show.

Well do you have a car where the doors go up at least

• Locked thread