Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It's Raviga's seat, not Monica's, she's just their representing Raviga. It's up to Laurie to decide who gets to represent Raviga. Plus I don't think board members really get to vote on who can and can't be on the board.

Edit: Beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

Jared's setup from the episode. I can't tell what the actual product is to save my life but that looks like Windows to me.

It's a Sony Vaio. There was a brief shot where everyone was at the table and you can see the cover logo. I remember this because I was surprised to see a non-Apple computer.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ok, maybe to get some actual discussion about the show, I'm wondering how they're going to end the season. Obviously, there's foreshadowing that the launch isn't going to go as well as Richard thinks it will, but I can't see it being a total clusterfuck. I am actually hoping they finally, and permanently, move HQ to a real office building. They've moved out and back in twice, and they really need to show them making some sort of progress. They can get the Japanese gardener guy back!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Jared will finally get his apartment back, but Bachman will lose his house and have to move in with him.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

kiimo posted:

Linked In is loving worthless (or 26 billion I guess). Has anybody ever gotten a job with it? ever.

It's basically vendors and sales-based retards trying to connect with people in corporations. Unless people have experiences that differ than mine. I'm not sure what Microsoft wants with it, short of integrating Word with the resume software. Do they just want the customer base?

Basically does anyone think this will help either company?

I get lots of recruiter calls for jobs I don't want. Might come in handy if I ever start looking for a new job. I never login though, I can't even remember the last time I was on the site.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Raviga had an initial investment of $10 million right? Wouldn't this sale be a huge loss for them, or did I completely miss something? I know they mentioned that Laurie doesn't like even a whiff of fraud, but it still seems like a weird panic move to me. I guess I shouldn't care since it was plot driven, but I guess this means no Raviga stuff next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I feel like Judge and company had a decision to make early on. Richard's compression tech is obviously super revolutionary and companies would be falling over themselves to be able to compress their files to that extent. Literally every video and file service on the planet would kill for it. They could have run with this and made Pied Piper into a successful company and showed how they grew and slowly supplanted Hooli, which could have led to some good comedy as they start showing Richard trying to handle a larger and larger company and transforming himself into Gavin.

Instead, they decided that they needed Richard to keep loving up so that they are always in this underdog state. It worked pretty well for seasons 1 and 2, but by the end of 3 it was getting tiring, and now it's really bad. I really hope season 5 doesn't revolve around them still not having the money to operate like a real company.

• Locked thread