Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

Dead Snoopy posted:

They were the remaining (unemployed) cast of LUCK.

More like they'll ALSO be clueless about Gavin's tactics and get tangled up in lawsuit but won't have the luxury of knowing about how the arbitrator ruled in Pied Piper's favor.

But didn't the arbitration make all the employee agreements null and void? Wouldn't all the work they did on hooli time be up for grabs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
I really wanna see a storyline where Jared is Hanneman's protege.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

Deadulus posted:

What would they gain from revealing any type of plan? Seems like it would only make Barker more suspicious from then on out.

This may be more setup for Richard's development. He needs to deal with Barker directly himself. First he tried tattling on Barker to Lorie and get her to make Barker drop the box idea. That didn't work. Then he tried to be sneaky instead of directly dealing with Barker. The screw up now leaves Richard only with direct action left.

Or it may set up a sneaky way for Richard to reveal that the Hooli guy's are up their rear end on a platform and might eat their lunch before they can even get a box to market. It's sort of a misdirected strong arm tactic where Barker is backed into a corner and wouldn't technically be showing weakness to Richard.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Great article in the New Yorker re: Silicon Valley. I thought this bit was particularly apt.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/how-silicon-valley-nails-silicon-valley?mbid=social_twitter

quote:

“Silicon Valley,” a show about computer nerds, has a fan base that is particularly attuned to minutiae, and particularly apt to argue about them on the Internet. If a Post-it, URL, or line of code is legible on the show, it will be screengrabbed and scrutinized.

edit:

Another choice quote:

quote:

And then, while we’re (TJ Miller and Elon Musk) talking, some woman comes up and says ‘Can I have a picture?’ and he (Musk) starts to pose—it was kinda sad, honestly—and instead she hands the camera to him and starts to pose with me. It was, like, Sorry, dude, I know you’re a big deal—and, in his case, he actually is a big deal—but I’m the guy from ‘Yogi Bear 3-D,’ and apparently that’s who she wants a picture with.”

SnatchRabbit fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 12, 2016

• Locked thread