Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Holyshoot posted:

Is there any truth to what happened to Gilfoyle when he was being recruited because it sounds awesome as gently caress(all the gift baskets and free poo poo)?

I'm sure if you're a superstar, it's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I thought the safety thing too but people on reddit have been saying that there would be no point in him wearing kneepads for the elevator scene when it probably wasn't shot at the same time as the tripping scene. I'm guessing that Richard looked up whatever haversack later, saw what the original plan was and then made up a fake skunkworks to trick Jack.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My dad isn't even a tech guy, he's some executive level something. They gave him an iPhone and required him to put it in an otter box and then he got a belt clip for it as well.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The ex-Hooli guys might have figured out the algorithm but it seemed like they needed Gilfoyle because he knows how to turn it into a platform.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You only see the back of someone for a split second but I instantly thought bighead. It makes sense. He has no original thoughts. So when he has lots of money and nothing to do, he probably went with the one thing he knows.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's almost as if each theory has merit and we won't know how it plays out until we see the next episode.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, I didn't think about that. He just needs to go to Jack and mention that ex nucleus people figured it out and could beat them to market.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What point are you trying to make here? That it's not a fake out because a fake out is "pants on head retarded" and that is the real skunkworks plan?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

panda clue posted:

Yes, showing an entire, completely contradictory plan to the viewer, and then executing another entirely different crazy wacky plan behind the scenes would indeed be 'pants-on-head retarded.' On top of all the other things that I've mentioned previously that cause this entire theory to make no sense whatsoever that you are so quick to casually gloss over, such as them having no way to know who would find the documents, if they would understand them, or what they would do with them.

The fact that they brought up Meinertzhagen's Haversack and Ocean's 11 makes no sense if the plan was "work on something in secret and immediately gently caress it up." Or even if the plan was "Pretend to work on a thing but really do another thing." The haversack plan was to put fake battle plans into enemy hands. What does that have anything to do with Working on something in secret and never telling anyone? The Ocean's 11 reference only makes sense if it was supposed to be like a heist and anything that appeared to go wrong was actually going right.

So it's not retarded for it to play out that way, you just personally don't like it. I'm not saying that either theory is right because I don't know and we won't know until the next episode airs. Declaring that your personal idea is correct and all others are wrong with no evidence is "pants on head retarded."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

I think it'd be funny if Jian Yang joins Bighead's incubator and immediately launches an amazing startup so Bighead can fail up some more.

Jian Yang makes some kind of app that helps people squat on other people's property.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Windows 98 posted:

Ehrlich coughing at the end had me laughing way more than I should have been. Especially when he went for the very last drag even while coughing already and trying to talk.

It was hilarious but I think only certain people will understand.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Kevyn posted:

What was "I acquit?"

I think it was in The Office. At some point, someone says "I quit" but half the internet thought he said "I acquit" because that makes sense in their broke brains.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, Bighead as CEO would be great at first as he just sits there confused as Erlich tells him what the company should be doing. Then he'll screw up by making a really bad deal for Pied Piper that still somehow benefits him.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He thought that because of the "just changed CEOs" thing and because he had locked in all these deals that he was immune. I guess he didn't realize that with the recent Hooli deal, she could easily spin his exit a good direction for Pied Piper because he wasn't utilizing lateral thinking or whatever, I'm not good at marketing speak.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I also loved how whenever RIchard referenced some aspect of Jack's diagram, Jack would only understand the meaning of the word in regards to the diagram.

"I think what we should do is take a little tip from your chart there, compromise."
"Compromise is the shared hypotenuse of the conjoined triangles of success."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Don't forget about the Venture Brothers "Get their clothes/clones."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2by8T1ekjjk

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Veskit posted:

Bighead was in the chair

You son of a

Why is everyone so god drat honest on a comedy forum

Maybe they just aren't a shitlord like you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That just seemed like a weird deal. They make the box for this other company who then controls the algorithm and gets to resell the box? That makes no sense other than from a "makes any amount of money now" perspective.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ElCondemn posted:

This is almost exactly what my company did back during the dot com boom, we licensed our software and made a box for one large car manufacturer. It's scary how real most of this poo poo is, Mike Judge knows his poo poo.

What's the point? is it just to make a really quick buck while someone else handles marketing and whatever?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He received 20 million as a severance package. We don't know what they paid as his salary.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

gohmak posted:

Did Big Head violate his NDA by going to the press? He's going to lose the 20mil isn't he?

If she's a journalist as she claims to be, she can hide her sources. As long as Bighead's identity as the source remains a secret, there's nothing Gavin can do. Trying to stop it or find the source will end up in the Streissand effect and just make it a bigger story. Either that or Gavin tries to get Bighead's money like Shooting Blanks said but all he has left is maybe the house.

This episode was like a roller coaster but it somehow brought everything back to being good again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I hope there's years of lawyers trying to sort through Bachmanity because of the Hooli thing and Bighead's signatures. At the end of the series, they will finally figure it all out and somehow Bighead will be the richest man in the world and just give the 20 million back to Hooli.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Didn't they already build the box? They just have to get it into production and get some sales to a company that won't gently caress them over.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is it some kind of rare beer or something?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think no matter what, we're going to end up with something where Bighead screwed up but it still works out for him. I'm interested to see what it is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are you a farter?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not a bad idea, it's just super lame and not cool to say you created.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Rocco posted:

I fully admit I could have been distracted or just too tired for proper brain function, but for some reason I'm confused as to what Erlich was signing with Big Head on last week's show. I wasn't grasping it for some reason. Can anyone sum it up?

He's starting a combined incubator with Bighead's 20 million and his 36,000 dollars.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm glad that there's one thing that Jared isn't a total sad sack about.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The best solution is an ide that treats spaces as tabs. I hit tab and it gives me four spaces.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's ok because he has the best lines.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Xarn posted:

Is it sad that I know several people who are basically Richard vis a vis tabs/spaces, but a programmer indenting by actually pressing spaces breaks my disbelief? :v:

I think they might have overblown the spaces thing a little bit. No one in the world is going to manually type out spaces. You'd set up your IDE to put in however many spaces when you press tab.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Braces go on their own line. If you don't do that, you're wrong.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

waitwhatno posted:

It's not stupid loving poo poo. The IF statement is always followed by the nested statement directly, on the same line. You can't just start making exceptions because of ~curly braces~, that's ridiculous. Makes zero sense.

What? How do you nest something on the same line?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Spacing is a huge thing with programmers. I've gotten into little spats about tab spacing in Sublime, I prefer larger spacing vs my friend who likes it smaller (and more cluttered, and ugly.,askjfdkladjd).

I think the default is 4 which is nice but he changes it to 2.

4 is the correct tab width.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He was being pretty reasonable with Gleb since him using spaces instead of tabs would mess up source control. Then he goes full retard with that bartender.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You aren't being forced to read the thread.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you're being forced to read the thread against your will, use four spaces. If not, use a tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

tarlibone posted:

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Tabs work fine for me.

Edit: ha! The forum software makes it look like I spaced sensibly in the line above, but I did not! And when I hit Edit, my tabs are back!

HTML ignores tabs and treats them as spaces usually. You have to use code tags in order for your tabs to show up.

• Locked thread