Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think the other poster nailed it and we're gonna get a pregnant what's her name in the last episode to torpedo the gangs progress.

With it ultimately resulting in her having already having been pregnant by her fiancee (which had her hormones out of whack and why she ended up loving *Richard* of all people), which becomes a problem anyway because Richard will almost certainly find a way to reveal it to him in a 'hilarious' and predictably 'wacky' way, setting them back to square one with no loving hope of funding except maybe Russ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

Jared learning that he can imitate anyone's voice over the phone might send him out of control

Which could lead him to imitating Richard's voice which would be amazing

Anyone can imitate Richard, they just have to stutter and ask people what they meant by some off-handed remark at least once every five minutes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Colonel Whitey posted:

Also where the gently caress is Big Head

Being groomed for a congressional seat.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm not even a big fan of stouts and I like Old Rasputin.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Stop speaking ill of my Mash/Office/SV crossover fanfic.

Original idea, do not steal.

Alan Alda would rule on this show. Have him play Action Jack's mentor or something.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

SgtSteel91 posted:

For a sec I though Erlich was going to die in that fire and that was how T.J. Miller was leaving the show

I don't think you're alone in that, and the fact that he wasn't harmed in the slightest is kind of weird.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I'm thinking it will be more them getting people to install the app.

I got the impression that they'll try to figure out a way to con attendees into loading their app. "Molesting" them, if you will...like Jared's uncle.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

The most disappointing thing this season is Richard's New Internet idea. It makes about as much sense as New Coke.

But other than that, good episode as always. I also expected Erlich to just die in the fire after all the rumors but of course it makes sense that he didn't. I never particularly liked T.J. Miller outside of this show, in interviews or standup stuff, but this would be a big loss even in such an amazingly cast show. I don't really buy explanation that he wants to do more risky stuff like Yogi Bear 4d so maybe that's all just a cover story.

I'm waiting for Season 5 when the NSA inevitably makes a visit to "politely request" the guys put in a custom back door for them in said new internet and Dinesh and Gilfoyle act like prairie dogs the whole time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

How massive would the server need to be to manage hundreds of thousands or potentially millions of drives? It's one thing to have a RAID setup for a normal storage server, but space saver has to manage hundreds of thousands of drives that are constantly dropping in and out.

"WEISSMAN SCORE, rear end in a top hat! I, super genius Richard Hendricks, have the lowest Weissman Score in history, so I'm smarter than you. I'm a computer SCIENTIST, and I've planned for all eventualities except the ones that totally won't ever present themselves because I only care about making things work theoretically and look down on people who handle *lesser* spaces in the tech world like storage architecture. They're janitors, and I'm a doctor, lawyer, and super hero rolled all into one."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Storage like this can't help but remind me of this: http://www.bash.org/?104052

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I can't see Mike Judge not incorporating this into the next season: http://gizmodo.com/the-nerdiest-debate-ever-may-finally-have-a-winner-1796144565

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'll get as many of these mother fuckers as I can. :happyelf:

Yeah, I was really thinking Dinesh was about to get tasered.

I'm also 100% certain now that Jared is going to (or at least going to TRY to) kill Richard. That moment of clarity was amazing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

All I know is that while it seems like when he's not playing Richard that Middleditch is a pretty okay and chill guy, his playing Richard makes me viscerally dislike him whenever I see him in any other forms of media.

And not in a "wow, he's really doing a good job as an actor making me dislike him" way.

I also think we missed out on Gilfoyle dropping the boom, too. Jared *trying* to take a sociopathic Aspie to task for his idiocy was one thing, but I've a feeling Gilfoyle got cut off just as he was about to disembowel Richard.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

pnumoman posted:

I was surprised when he actually made it to Belson. I thought Jian Yang would have his corrupt uncle throw him in prison, never to be heard from again.

They can still deny him an exit visa and/or have his passport "stolen."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Honestly the best acting by Middleditch in this past episode is when for the first time in a while Richard's eyes go wide when he realized "hey c'mon, calm down" wasn't going to cut it and he might *actually* reap actual emotional and physical consequences for his actions...

...but then the invisible hand of Judgian fate swoops down and scoops him into his manloving embrace and Richard learns absolutely gently caress all except he's obviously "special" in some way. I think what makes it all the more intolerable is that it's like seeing a savant version of Chris-Chan get away with things by blaming the 'tism.

I like Mike Judge, but four seasons in now, and every loving season ends up feeling like a retread of the check under Lumbergh's door - "oh wow we're so hosed oh wait now we're slightly less hosed than everyone else, ~yay~."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

http://www.piedpiper.com/a-thicket-of-thorns/

Poor Jared.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

LinYutang posted:

It's kind of sad how stale this show has become. Parks and Rec had a super boring setting but had really steady character progression and setting changes. There's no point in getting invested in any scenario in SV because by the end of the episode it'll be "welp, Richard is at it again. What a clown."

Yeah, again, I can't help but see Judge making new riffs on Office Space's ending. "Oh wow we're so hosed...oh wait someone else hosed up more so now we're okay again."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 20, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

nerox posted:

I can see them working hard on the problem de jour in the room and Jared comes into the room crying and basically doing Radar's lines.

And then Jian Yang comes in eating yogurt while miraculously smoking at the same time, and says "I told you my uncle was uh *very* corrupt," smiles evilly, and walks out of the room. Gilfoyle breaks the silence with a dry "we need to move the gently caress out of here...now."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Phi230 posted:

Jian Yiang is gonna have his very corrupt uncle whack Erlich.

Richard is gonna fail and its actually gonna matter this time and they won't get out of it

Jared and Dinesh and Guilfoyle will turn on him for real

Why kill him when they can just quasi-legally *trap* him there? I'm pretty sure Erlich's done something at some point to piss off the State Department, and we *know* he's pissed off the IRS.

Also, calling it now - Richard's going to try to kill himself and end up failing at *that*, too.

"Why did you try to kill yourself with a Prius? Once it realized it wasn't going anywhere the engine shut off and all you did was fall asleep and run out the battery. Dick."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

My guess is that they'll do a forensic examination of the Hoolicon app and find the malware, but *also* find that Keenan, in a bid to impress Hooli, illegally used ~The Algorithm~ without permission to smooth things out, implicating both companies in criminal malfeasance, but *Action Jack* simply offers to pay Pied Piper a massive amount of money to *never have to hear about them ever again*, contingent on keeping all details of the deal secret.

The team is elated that they'll never have to see or work with Richard ever again, until he tanks the deal by leaking the story to CodeRag (since that's the only thing he knows how to do), leaving them open to ruinous litigation, because the deal will permanently jeopardize people recognizing his ~genius~. Season 5 starts and abruptly ends with Jared smothering Richard with a pillow, screaming "Poop Fare!?!??!?" at the top of his lungs until he stops moving.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Ready Player One" is the technogeek hipster's "Atlas Shrugged."

Who is Wade Owen Watts?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It's a good thing the show goes back on break after tonight, otherwise I'd be tempted to watch Preacher before it. To think, a show that's demonstrated a cyclical plot compared to one where they literally blew up the plot that wasn't working.

I'm just thinking back to my thoughts on the first two episodes, thinking we were seeing a "new show," and instead we ended up getting the same old poo poo. :sad:

EDIT: Wow, another Hail Mary save and complete reset of the plot back to the beginning of *last* season, with *no* cliffhanger. How original. gently caress this show.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 26, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Hopefully that last scene means that they've accepted they can't do the garage startup think any more and are now going to be the scrappy underdog funded startup that challenges google Hooli

Until Richard 'unintentionally' sexually harasses a female employee who sues them and they have to move back into Jian-Yang's incubator.

I also love how Jared reveals he's been living in the garage for no reason other than "solidarity" and the general reaction wasn't :3: but rather "whatever" by all present.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 26, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I just have to give a shoutout to Stephen Tobolowsky. Dude needs more roles where he's allowed to drop the "dopey" and be straight up sinister like he did once he realized he'd been played.

I still remember his bit part in Sneakers where he goes from being Mr. Awkward Computer Dater to "let's go for a ride...*Doris*."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

feedmegin posted:

We already have a decentralised internet. It's called the internet.

Yes, but it wasn't invented by Richard Hendricks, which is the only thing Richard Hendricks cares about.

• Locked thread