Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

it's range rovers. those are actually the biggest rear end in a top hat drivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Don't try to blame your BMW, OP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jarofpiss posted:

unreliable trash

if you do anything other than lease those u are a colossal retard

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

i don't see why subarus are there. most are fine and normal, if only maybe too much of exactly at the speed limit/come to complete 5s second stop at every stop sign/signals/whatever. they're following the laws so w/e, good for them (tho we're all speeddemon assholes with a deathwish so we find that annoying)

audis are still the worst by far.

Subaru drivers are the worst drivers on the road but in the complete opposite way from BMW jerks. Slow, ignorant, stupid, unaware of what's going on instead of just not caring.

If there's a Subaru in the lane ahead of me I just reflexively change lanes at this point and am rarely wrong

Btw I'm not talking about the super ricey Subaru coupes with the forty inch double spoiler, they're basically the same as BMW drivers. I'm talking about all other Subarus.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Subaru's are statistically driven by lesbians.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BMWs are pretty lovely are far as luxury cars go. Lexus and Infinity are where its at. Benzos are okay

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Turd Burglar posted:

Sounds like you're just jealous tbh

lol, nah bro.

i spent years behind the wheel of a bmw 540. it was pretty fun.

but i've had significantly more fun in a stock honda civic.

~manual transmission~

my current automobile is also stick and i find automatic cars to be sleep-inducingly boring

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bland japanses trash sorry

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Chinatown posted:

bland japanses trash sorry

if bland is code for extremely reliable then yeah. i forgot to poo poo on audi too.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If you get excited by cars you're definitely some kinda retard. I don't hold it against you but it's absolutely a cognitive deficiency.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
infinity's are a lot better than BMW's its true though

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Away all Goats posted:

if bland is code for extremely reliable then yeah

Excited! By reliability!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Away all Goats posted:

if bland is code for extremely reliable then yeah. i forgot to poo poo on audi too.

lol if u buy a luxury vehicle for reliability

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

lol if u buy a luxury vehicle for reliability

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

oh is this the part of the car luxury thread where everyone pretends theyre so rich that they buy a new bmw (actually the shittiest luxury car) every 3 months

jarofpiss posted:

truth

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Sheep-Goats posted:

If you get excited by cars you're definitely some kinda retard. I don't hold it against you but it's absolutely a cognitive deficiency.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

If you don't get excited by driving fast cars, you are a flawed organism.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Anybody who drives a GTR is a loving cool rear end dude.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
People who drive those 90s Tacomas before they got huge are the best overall drivers

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like my Honda Fit cheapo model that doesn't even have power locks because the package with power locks was 2 grand more.

Sometimes I drive it over ONE HUNDRED (kilometers per hour)

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 26, 2016

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

satanic splash-back posted:

If you don't get excited by driving fast cars, you are a flawed organism.

Driving a fast car and going fast = cool and fun
excitement about a car you don't get to drive = wtf is wrong with you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

Anybody who drives a GTR is a loving cool rear end dude.

johnny manziel

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I had a 1978 BMW 530i. The fastest I ever got it was 140mph, but that was downhill. It would cruise on flat ground at 130mph, though. Good car.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Peddle2thaMetal posted:

In my experience BMW drivers tend to be the fast, aggressive drivers (which can be ok)... Mercedes drivers are usually bad/inconsiderate... and Lexus are bad/unaware of all of their surroundings. So regarding the "big 3" of luxury car assholes, I actually prefer the BMW rear end in a top hat since they tend to get out of the way at least.

this post is definitely true, mercedes drivers are inconsiderate assholes for sure.

source: i drive a mercedes

Troutful
May 31, 2011

I live in an area full of rich fuckos. The Porsche/Corvette/Tesla/Maserati etc. drivers around here are (surprisingly?) super nice and considerate. The BMWs/Audis are bad but not as bad as the Volvos whose drivers appear to be universally asleep at the wheel.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

All drivers of every type of car in every city in every state sucks poo poo because everyone in this country is inconsiderate and selfish in everything they do

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bossy lady posted:

All drivers of every type of car in every city in every state sucks poo poo because everyone in this country is inconsiderate and selfish in everything they do

get outta my way u rear end in a top hat!!!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
In my area, drivers of German cars are pretty much assholes, as are Honda/Acura drivers.

Drivers of American cars are fairly considerate and aware of the Rules of the Road, as are Nissans and Mazdas.

Drivers of Toyotas (mostly those loving Priuses) and Subarus are overly cautious and old.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I had a 1978 BMW 530i. The fastest I ever got it was 140mph, but that was downhill. It would cruise on flat ground at 130mph, though. Good car.

now all you gotta do is lower it and put basket weave wheels on and do an engine swap!!!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Sheep-Goats posted:

BMW is the least likely car to get in front of me and then go five under or dick around in the fast lane so it's ok by me

Honestly you just completely 100% changed my opinion on this topic. Good work. That really is true, and therefore, I can no longer hate BMW drivers and will now stick to hating Pruis drivers.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The funny thing about rear end in a top hat drivers: no one even GETS how bad this poo poo will be in 5 years. This is nothing!

The real enemy? Motherfucking electric cars. Holy poo poo, electric cars will literally ruin the roadways of the future.

Imagine a car that allows you to essentially go as fast as you want, as soon as you want. There's so much torque that you immediately begin to perceive almost every other car as being slow and retarded.

This leads to the electric car driver acting like Speed Racer 100% of the time. The only loving reason this hasn't happened yet, is that the good electric cars are currently the domain of elite conservative douchebags who drive slow even with their speed machine.

But 5 or 10 loving years from now, when accidents are up 40% and everyone is acting like a loving butthole peeling out of dead stops and instantly going 60MPH, I want you to think back to this thread and remember where you heard it first.

Source: I have a good electric car and I drive like a reckless orangutan near-constantly.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats not going to happen u retard

also your golf cart doesnt count as a car

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

bossy lady posted:

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Lowtax posted:

And Corvette drivers.
every corvette driver i've ever seen is at least 200 years old and drives extra nice because he's probably saved up since the mckinley administration to get his dream car and he'll be damned if he's going to ding it up

clearly there are marked regional differences

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Yeah, if anything is Audi owners that are the worst

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Volkswagen drivers are the worst because they think they're in BMWs. While both companies have fun ties to Nazi Germany one is a legitimate luxury brand with some semblence of quality and luxury while the other sells overly glorified weinershitzel fast food shitboxes that only have sizeable market share due to Apple-like marketing and strange memes about German engineering that are 5+ decades out of date and were probably never true in the first place.

Smart Car drivers are also bad but I can't bring myself to get mad at them since any impact at speed is a death sentence without any crumple zones. Those guys are flipping the bird at fate when they're driving like assholes.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fabulousity posted:

Volkswagen drivers are the worst because they think they're in BMWs.

Cannot be said enough. GTI/Golf drivers are loving horrid.

Blame the 2000s VEEDUBZ commercials (which are good commercials, ironically)

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

revmoo posted:

I don't see what the problem is, I'm doing the speed limit.

The problem is you're breaking the law as well. Your behavior causes a symptom of traffic congestion and "wolf packs." Yes its the law, two wrongs don't make a right yadda yadda.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
maybe it's just where i live but all the bad drivers drive toyota corollas, camry's, prius, honda civics, pilots, nissan leaf, infiniti/mercedes/lexus suv's and stuff like that

out of any car the worst drivers are 350z/370z owners

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Without fail everytime I'm driving with my one buddy in the car I get loving stuck behind some dick who's going 10 under. This week it was a Honda Odyssey.

• Locked thread