Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much? (deece amount)
65k-75k
75k-85k
85k-100k
100k+
View Results

• Locked thread
SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Everyone sees the world differently and life isn't a competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

SurfaceDetail posted:

Everyone sees the world differently and life isn't a competition.

Actually life is very much a competition between organisms for limited resources.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I agree but when you are winning (like most people here) we can afford to take a different view.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

notZaar posted:

Actually life is very much a competition between organisms for limited resources.

Only true if you live in a third world country like China or Brazil.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Micro or macro view on life?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Also lol if you make $65k and don't put at least $25k away in various investment vehicles

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Hah, look at all these idiots that have enslaved themselves to other people.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Overwined posted:

Hah, look at all these idiots that have enslaved themselves to other people.

This doesn't seem like the thread for you sadbrains goon whos figured the world out.

Sylvia Plathetic
Nov 15, 2009
I earn more than most people in this thread and am saddened by how mean a lot of you are (or are pretending to be).

Having the good fortune to live comfortably and without paycheck-to-paycheck fear should give you cause to be kinder and more compassionate towards your fellow human beings, rather than being lovely to interns and treating people who aren't earning big bucks to sit around posting and jerking off like they were somehow inferior as people.

/insert ironic statement here distancing myself from the apparent sincerity of my post in order to seem like an ice-cool comedy forum poster

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I'm nice to everyone.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

SurfaceDetail posted:

I'm nice to everyone.

Same. Unless you take touches away from me in rec league.

Jesus Steve, if you want to win give me the rock and get the gently caress out of the way.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Joshy Bear posted:

I earn more than most people in this thread and am saddened by how mean a lot of you are (or are pretending to be).

Having the good fortune to live comfortably and without paycheck-to-paycheck fear should give you cause to be kinder and more compassionate towards your fellow human beings, rather than being lovely to interns and treating people who aren't earning big bucks to sit around posting and jerking off like they were somehow inferior as people.

/insert ironic statement here distancing myself from the apparent sincerity of my post in order to seem like an ice-cool comedy forum poster

this is true and it's pretty hosed up how far below the majority of Americans are from what used to seem like an average comfortable life. But seriously just loving :mmmhmm: and simultaneously :smith: at people thinking 65k+ is a lot

also my wife is deathly afraid of the homeless despite her father at one point being a literally penniless refugee fleeing from genocide lol

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sup guys. Just got out of work. I go in for 5 and get out at 1:30 monday - friday. I work at a concrete plant making 12 an hour. Hopefully getting some sweet over time this summer. And I'm going to college part time in september (I'll still be working full time though)

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Sokrateez posted:

this is true and it's pretty hosed up how far below the majority of Americans are from what used to seem like an average comfortable life. But seriously just loving :mmmhmm: and simultaneously :smith: at people thinking 65k+ is a lot

also my wife is deathly afraid of the homeless despite her father at one point being a literally penniless refugee fleeing from genocide lol

its kinda the same for me looking at people making twice as much as me and working ten times as hard but having no real noticeable difference in their standard of living besides a few novel luxuries. smdh

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

In my line of work I get to abuse medical interns from time to time. All I have to say is "Have fun spending the best part of your life slaving away 100 hours a week just to accumulate more interest on your 150K+ student loan debt!"

Private Consulting biz 4 lyfe!

Go on

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Gorman Thomas posted:

Only true if you live in a third world country like China or Brazil.

Every second you spend reading my posts is a second of potential wasted. If I spend 10 seconds writing this post and 5 of my competitors waste 5 seconds reading them, I'm ahead 2.5:1.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I earn a six figure salary and I am happy about that Ha hah ha.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I make around 68k and am broke all the time. My boss showed me his pay stub once for some reason; after taxes he barely makes more than I do.

Probably need to make over a qtr million to get to the point where you can brag on income or live real comfortably. :shrug:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I always thought it's funny that people will get to like... $105k and think they're a member of the six figure club. There's a fuckload of ground to cover to really get some loot.

I won't feel like a high earner until I get like $150k+. loving $100k a year.... Wow I'm making six figures! *can't even afford a Corvette or 911*

Kuato posted:

I make around 68k and am broke all the time. My boss showed me his pay stub once for some reason; after taxes he barely makes more than I do.

Probably need to make over a qtr million to get to the point where you can brag on income or live real comfortably. :shrug:

Yea until you're taking home $100k AFTER TAXES you can't really consider yourself a 6 figure club member. When you can casually stroke a check for an expensive car, or not blink at spontaneously buying plane tickets for a trip to Europe you've got some real money.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 25, 2016

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Tumble posted:

I always thought it's funny that people will get to like... $105k and think they're a member of the six figure club. There's a fuckload of ground to cover to really get some loot.

I won't feel like a high earner until I get like $150k+. loving $100k a year.... Wow I'm making six figures! *can't even afford a Corvette or 911*

Yea until you're taking home $100k AFTER TAXES you can't really consider yourself a 6 figure club member. When you can casually stroke a check for an expensive car, or not blink at spontaneously buying plane tickets for a trip to Europe you've got some real money.
Depends on cost of living. If you live in a high COL area then yeah $100k isn't that special.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Kuato posted:

Wtf man where do you live? How are you always broke?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gorman Thomas posted:

Also lol if you make $65k and don't put at least $25k away in various investment vehicles

so you're saying I shoudl spend my savings on cars? sounds like a good plan im not good with money but ill listen to your advice

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Tumble posted:

Hitting that Obama Rich tax bracket is a bitch.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Hi i'm here to get trolled again.

I'll just take a number and sit over here, thanks.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bardeh posted:

so you're saying I shoudl spend my savings on cars? sounds like a good plan im not good with money but ill listen to your advice

The bigger the truck, the better the resale value!

Sulphuric Asshole
Apr 25, 2003
Your self worth isn't about how much money you make. It's about how much head you get.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sulphuric rear end in a top hat posted:

Your self worth isn't about how much money you make. It's about how much head you get.

I'm impoverished

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I just found out that my new company is gonna pay for the 2k worth of rent left on my lease since they won't let me break it when I relocate :toot:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a cop posted:

I just found out that my new company is gonna pay for the 2k worth of rent left on my lease since they won't let me break it when I relocate :toot:

Good to know our boys in blue are being looked after

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

a cop posted:

Could you sublet it?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

Could you sublet it?

yup but i havent found any biters

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I have a degree and i work a good bit of overtime but i only get 30-40k because my degree is loving useless.

any goons hiring for big money jobs?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Gorman Thomas posted:

you're talking drugs right?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
What's your secret to success? Do you hate your job? Have to sleep with a gross old man from the board of directors?

How can I be like you successful goons?

:allears:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I have a worthless degree and got my job through sheer luck. hosed up that this garbage job is likely the pinnacle for ol Kuato. :shrug:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Guess I just officially joined this club today :D

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

a cop posted:

yup but i havent found any biters

Well, that loving stinks.

Glad your job is picking up the tab.
Grats Gooner A Cop!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Kuato posted:

I have a worthless degree and got my job through sheer luck. hosed up that this garbage job is likely the pinnacle for ol Kuato. :shrug:

I know the feeling. I kept falling up the stairs by job hopping until something worked and now despite having more than enough money tucked away to live comfortably for two or so years I'm terrified, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Ronwayne posted:

I know the feeling. I kept falling up the stairs by job hopping until something worked and now despite having more than enough money tucked away to live comfortably for two or so years I'm terrified, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Lmao this is how I'd like to look back on my career like this when all is said and done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Call of Cholula posted:

Lmao this is how I'd like to look back on my career like this when all is said and done

Sitting on a pile of money, enjoying a comfortable life, with time enough to pursue personal goals?

That's a good one.

• Locked thread