Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

atomicthumbs posted:

I'd like to find him a car from the 90s or older that meets the following criteria:

• Reliable - he can pay to have it fixed, but dealing with the actual process of getting it fixed is difficult for him. He'll happily do basic maintenance work himself.
  • Stylish - imagine the sort of car Johnny Cash would drive. A car that complements the way he looks.
  • Powerful - by this I mean both "speed" and "makes a satisfying noise"
  • Comfortable - he'd like to do some traveling, and has various problems including arthritis in his hands and feet. Something with good ergonomics is vital. Notably, a manual may be out of consideration if the clutch has any sort of stiffness to it. For manual driving, if he does it again, he'll have his Saab. He really loves Volvo seats, and says the seats in my '98 V70R are the best car seats he's ever sat in.
  • Old - by this I mean 00s or older. He doesn't have that much money, and both he and I prefer older cars, without all the touchscreens and computer doodads and visibility problems and fancy bits.
  • Safe - by which I mean it should probably have airbags.

The cars that come to mind off the top of my head are, in black, dark metallic red, or another suitable color:

• BMW 635CSi 850CSi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread