Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

My dad and I both have C70 convertibles and both of us love them. With the top up parking lot visibility is pretty poor but otherwise they're great. Shop for an 03 or 04, it's P80 90's reliability with all the bugs worked out and only 12 years old so it's not going to have the wiring falling apart. Lots of people bought them as second cars/weekend drivers so they can be found in perfect condition with incredibly low mileage for well under 7 grand now. And if you're lucky you can find venetian red (very close to regent red) like my dad's:

Dad's is bone stock, and of course mine is heavily modified:

Still one of the safest convertibles ever made, too. Side airbags that pop out of the seat, rollover bars that pop up behind the rear headrests and a windshield frame that can handle a rollover as well. I t-boned a minivan in my first one at about 30mph and it didn't affect the chassis behind the front wheels, door gaps were normal and still opened, top worked, everything.

So yeah I recommend you at least shop for these. Made from 98-04, the later the better (hardtops stopped in 02). Common problems on the early ones are microswitches in the top mechanism failing and of course the ETM from 99-02. Window regulators are prone to failure and also super expensive but other than that it's just an 850. Seats are even more comfortable than in the P80 R and the stereo is incredible. The black interior holds up way better than the tan or gray interiors so I'd recommend looking for that. Also my dad is 78 and not limber, he can barely get in and out of 240s anymore, but his 850 wagon and this C70 are perfectly comfortable to get in and out of.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

leica posted:

Did you post pics in there? Because I don't see any :confused:

Yeah, I see them in the original post and your quote, anyone else not loading my pictures?

• Locked thread