Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I played this game a bit, but for whatever reason I just had more fun with Azure Dreams. This game has better characters though.

For names, how about Kweh/Query the Chocobo and Riposte the Moogle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It was actually supposed to be Kwehry :cheeky:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ah, now I get it. I was a lot more conservative with my items (packrat mentality hooray...) so I didn't unlock the full potential of this game.

e: hmm, actually I don't think that was it, I remember using items a lot in Azure Dreams. Maybe I just wasn't liking having to identify items, though I did play NetHack a lot for a while so I don't know what to say

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 29, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nice to see that Dagger can take care of herself, instead of needing the help of a Bird in Shining Saddle.

Also, in NetHack, polymorphing without polymorph control could be very dangerous. If you turned into something small/physically weak you wouldn't be able to carry all your stuff anymore. Making your pet walk into a polymorph trap until it turned into something cool was fun though IIRC.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nice, a gimmick with the very first boss huh? I wonder what future bosses will have in store.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Edward_Tohr posted:

: I guess I'll go home. You'd better go too.

Poor thing is already in denial about her house. :(

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cid is a must, that's true.

But for the tank how's about Sophia3?

Changing vote

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 16, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Actually, the old man kind of reminds me of someone...

Old Man Calvin and his Tiger Tank Hobbes.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I voted for Thunder Cross because it has the coolest name. Also lightning is sometimes shown as yellow, and Kwehry is yellow.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Meteorites drop down to earth due to Gravity. If they're big enough, they can Doom the Bio-logical life on the planet.

But I voted for Flare :shrug:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How cute would a chocobo wearing a ribbon be? Unfortunately I didn't find any such images on google...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

EponymousMrYar posted:

But then that one status effect will nail you hard and cause a spiral of death and destruction that leaves you saddle-less, destitute and washed up on the beach.

Then you will look up and see that Marlboro laughing. Laughing at your hubris.

All this sounded very Dwarf Fortressy.

Someone do a Chocobo Fortress mod.

• Locked thread