Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Get to the other side of the tower silly. We're in the middle.

Man, I just discovered and blasted through this thread. I had this game as a teenager and was a big fan of it, as my name might indicate. I wasn't very good at it however, and only managed like 3 or 4 more dungeons tops. Not having any idea about what did what with the sidequests or with the crafting system didn't help. This was in the days before GameFAQs you see.

Also I was so disappointed that this version of Cid is only in the PS1 Chocobo games, never appearing in the later fables games, and instead having some cocky Bishonen guy there instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

It blows my mind seeing someone figure out how to game the system in this game. Like I said, when it first came out, GameFAQs and the like weren't really a thing, so everything was guesswork, and it being a roguelike, the game doesn't really encourage guessing. If you know what you're doing, clearly the game becomes far better...

(Also, sidenote, Chip is a series regular! )

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

RNGesus has instructed me to vote for Flare!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

And now we're officially ahead of the farthest I ever got.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

...I had no idea Ultros was in this. Goddamn. Now I wish I had tried harder to get better at the game...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Glazius posted:

Ogre Woods? Oh lord, are they just leveling up off each other all the time?

Inter-monster fights happen painfully often in this game. Like right away even. Luckily Edward knows his way around the game, and knows when using a teleport tag is smart.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Glazius posted:

Yeah, the name "Ribbon Saddle" just makes me think of Kwehry as the prop for some glam-rock album cover.

:frogon:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Whoa. I did not expect that.

Also, reading that description for the elephants, I can't help but feel terrible that we have to kill them...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Man do you make me envious. When the game was new, it was a time where internet was a luxury and gamefaqs wasn't so obvious, so there was only guesswork for how to mix things...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

happy to see you back! It boggles my mind just how much I DIDN'T know about this game every update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Holy crap was that :kickinrad:

Also I love the FF7 joke

• Locked thread