Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, a monster levelling mechanic. I hated it in Super Mystery Dungeon and I'm sure I'd hate it here too. loving Seadra sniping my guys then evolving and taking the stairs with its new Dragon type.

Our heroes are a thief treasure hunter and someone that gets dragged with them, in a Square game. They must be Locke and Celes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why are you asking us to name her? You've already said she is Anime.

Also I didn't understand how IDing items works. Do all items appear un-ID'd? Do you need to ID every item, regardless of if you had one of their kind before?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

hopeandjoy posted:

Man, at least the Pokemon Mystery Dungeons don't have this ID system, it sounds tedious as hell.

...Then again, you have a million Plain Seeds eating up inventory space when you get revived. Do Phoenix Downs change into useless space wasters after use?

On the other hand, going into a dungeon with a Pokemon with Recycle and just turning all of those Plain Seeds into actual items is really nice. It's like getting a crapton of new items at once, I love it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

He's an old man who works with machines. This is a Final Fantasy game. I know joke names are funny but c'mon, we can't not call him Cid, it'd be heresy.

His tank, though? Well, he might appear in Super Smash Bros. someday. He'll need his Lndmstr.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I blame Riposte for this.

If he had been there, he could've been a human moogle shield.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fireball is the best choice because Chocobos must burn everything to the ground.

Embrace destruction by fire.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't wait to see how the plot of this game would be far easier to solve if Bahamut actually said what the gently caress was going on instead of being unneccesarily cryptic, as it often happens.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That link goes to the results of the poll, erase /r to let you vote.

Also I'm voting Slow because FF games where status effects are worth a drat are very rare so one must take advantage of that when it happens.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

There's also FF2, where Frog is the best status effect. It can even hit the final boss, and that's an insta-kill in FF2.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think Meteors are cooler though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I want to believe Glass Goth is a misromanization of something, but I can't think of what, so it might really be what they intended. If so...that's one villain I'm not taking seriously any time soon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh god, the shopkeepers. Kecleon in the MD series is not someone you want to gently caress with and these guys look even worse. At least you can run away, but it's a great way to give an important aesop: stealing is bad and you'll get loving murdered for it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Ribbon is always a great thing to see in Final Fantasy games and it's good to see this one is no exception. Too bad it's still a saddle, it'd be cute to see Qwehry with a ribbon on his head. Not like the items show, but you know, if they did.

Also the Moles look cool. I wouldn't hurt the Moles, I'd ask them for tips about fashion.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Setting things on fire a lot tends to be a great way to get rid of them, and I fully agree with that strategy regardless of context.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MD games cause that in me too. I had a lot of trouble selecting items in Pokemon MD Sky, because goddamn, I just keep everything.

It's a lot less of an issue in SMD...because I can have infinite items. Not because I'm hoarding less. Because I sure as hell still do it even with completely worthless items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's always a really good idea to have a "run away" button in hand in this kind of game. I never go into a dungeon without an Escape Orb in SMD, for example, even if in the end I rarely if ever use them.

One point I'll give to Digimon World 2, a game I'm most definitely not a fan of, is that you don't need an item for it, you get an auto-pilot or whatever option by default that makes you leave a dungeon and returns you to base.

• Locked thread