Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Unfunny Poster posted:

Deklein (former core of GSF space) fell to the Money Badger Coalition. For a few days all GSF & their allies had left from Deklein, Branch, Tenal, Tribute, Fade, Vale of the Silent & Pure Blind was Vale of the Silent & Pure Blind. However they've been able to take some pockets of space from Pandemic Horde, a new player focused alliance affiliated with Pandemic Legion. Right now Pure Blind is, for the most part, the largest swathe of land GSF owns, which makes sense since the GSF staging system of Saranen borders that region. Vale of the Silent hasn't really been touched by either side because, according to TEST Alliance Please Ignore's leaders, they were focusing on taking out Deklein & the other regions GSF owned.

so fade because its close. nice. does it offer any strategic advantages? can i sign up and rat in a carrier yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Elmnt80 posted:

CCP is a good video game company.

Ummm, NO!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ullerm is the guy with the flanders av and is p cool

i trust what he says

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
wow this got dogpiled

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

xilni posted:

So go make the new GSF post in Private, that will keep you busy for a bit.

it's already up goofus

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

God Dammit, not another one.

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004

xilni posted:

Yes, they're in PL now.

no you dummie the lead up to them leaving and the circumstances not where they are now

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Since you specifically asked, no.

baby dont be this way, i just like to read the latest on the happenings in new eden

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ed Jurak posted:

so he wasn't full of poo poo when posting about the lead up to BAT leaving GSF? i'm genuinely curious

Endie & BAT left GSF in December 2015. The general consensus was that Endie & some of the other GSF directors had issues with one another that, ultimately, they were unable to be resolved. What specifically only Endie can speak on as he knows what he was unhappy with more than anyone. Added to that was BAT, in a general sense, were unhappy with the state of things in GSF. They decided to leave amicably, and they ended up joining Pandemic Legion since Endie has been fairly friendly with JEFFRAIDER, Grath Telkin, etc. and it wasn't really that big of a surprise. Both sides then decided to fling mud because nobody in this dumb game can handle things like this.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 26, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Endie & BAT left GSF in December 2015. The general consensus was that Endie & some of the other GSF directors had issues with one another that, ultimately, they were unable to be resolved. Added to that was BAT, in a general sense, were unhappy with the state of things in GSF. They decided to leave amicably which was true until various posters from both sides started flinging mud because that's just how these things happen.

also endie is mentally unstable, i hear

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
What is the chill thread? Please don't tell me it's the Eonwe thread, I do not want to encourage him in any way that he should keep posting or he did something positive.

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 26, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

He doesn't do anything either. (Except puppetmaster every single thing ~the enemy~ does)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I forget which patch specifically but it was this year.

If you do damage to the armor & structure, the ship will show damage on it like in this picture.

It's also based on the positional damage that your ships hit the ship at (though you can't control that, that's just the game doing its thing).

Yeah, I know. I'm even running missions fully zoomed in to enjoy the new effects. Its amazing and adds some much needed immersion in what otherwise becomes a somewhat boring grind.

VideoGames posted:

Please remember to link me pgs recruitment threads and history and such of your corporation if you want them listed in the first post!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3773617

The Greater Goon: Retards Welcome

A Brief Orientation Video

Are you really stupid and also hate people telling you what to do all the time? Do you like picking on the smallest kid at the pool to compensate for the fact that your dad hates you and your girlfriend cheats on you? Do you like haunted houses?

Then follow the path of poverty to Syndicate, spiritual home of the mystic Groon, for whom the psychic auras of more than a dozen people in fleet at once are confusing and befuddling. The aforementioned video will tell you all of what you need to know. No sov bullshit, just fly around in small gangs, explode space ships and get high on teamspeak. No one expects more of you than that, because we all know deep down that you'd just disappoint us.

How to Join the Juggernot
Join "groonhelp" in game when you can't figure out how to auth.

Here you go.

Alunan
May 27, 2008
Unsurprisingly Darius JOHNSON ruins everything he touches.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

vulvamancer posted:

What is the chill thread? Please don't tell me it's the Eonwe thread, I do not want to encourage him in any way that he should keep posting or he did something positive.

it is and eonwe is a good poster

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

Yeah that was one thing said while Endie & BAT were halfway out the door iirc that soured things as well since most people agree Endie is a good dude regardless of affiliations and makes posts that, even if you disagree with the end argument, are at least reasonable. Unsurprisingly the people calling him mentally ill etc. are also the ones who got mad at DJ for starting his own EVE group on here so there's that.

vulvamancer posted:

Yeah it is Asher. Sorry to say that DBRB's fear over Eonwe getting the EVE thread shut down came true. Mostly because of there being multiple EVE threads and the last thread was poo poo all around.

Elmnt80 posted:

Yeah, I know. I'm even running missions fully zoomed in to enjoy the new effects. Its amazing and adds some much needed immersion in what otherwise becomes a somewhat boring grind.

I don't know if you knew this either, but if you sit in an assembled ship, then not use it for a while it collects rust & dirt.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Endie owns darius owns even if he's being a big doodoo head right now

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Endie owns darius owns even if he's being a big doodoo head right now

I'm left off that list.

I'm offended.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah that was one thing said while Endie & BAT were halfway out the door iirc that soured things as well since most people agree Endie is a good dude regardless of affiliations and makes posts that, even if you disagree with the end argument, are at least reasonable. Unsurprisingly the people calling him mentally ill etc. are also the ones who got mad at DJ for starting his own EVE group on here so there's that.

nobody actually called endie mentally ill but the people who had to deal with his internal politicking, like me, were personally glad to see him go

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm left off that list.

I'm offended.

i think youre ok, even for a failed dust514 spy :shobon:

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm left off that list.

I'm offended.

It's not a real deadtear post unless someone ends up offended.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm left off that list.

I'm offended.

i stand by it :colbert:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

evilweasel posted:

nobody actually called endie mentally ill but the people who had to deal with his internal politicking, like me, were personally glad to see him go

i cant be assed to dig up that log from the special channel for gsf gm's where endie's mental stability was explicitly questioned, but are you saying that log was fake?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

i think youre ok, even for a failed dust514 spy :shobon:

Mate. :(

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

i cant be assed to dig up that log from the special channel for gsf gm's where endie's mental stability was explicitly questioned, but are you saying that log was fake?

i dont think anyone aside from endie would leak The Special Channel (the star chamber lol) but idk

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008
Well moderated. A+ Videogames.
I'm sorry it took a Groon thread to get here.

Alunan
May 27, 2008

evilweasel posted:

Exactly. Endie was an insufferable attention whore in the end. OH NO OH NO MY SUPERCAP IS GONNA BE GANKED BECAUSE I SPOKE AGAINST THE KICKSTARTER. I AM SO AFRAID TO LOGIN.

Except it wasn't. There wasn't any retaliation. So when that piddled out he decided to leave anyway because that's how attention whores work.

It's a long and disappointing fall from the clever guy who wrote updates on the forums.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

vulvamancer posted:

since hendrick says youre asher, i just wanted to say your podcasts are good and im a big fan

Dirtybilly
Jul 27, 2013

tazjin posted:

It teaches you valuable manipulation and business strategies that you can use in real-life though.

Clearly not a sociopath

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

its ok, you tried but it was fun to play dust with you anyways :glomp:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I forget which patch specifically but it was this year.

If you do damage to the armor & structure, the ship will show damage on it like in this picture.

It's also based on the positional damage that your ships hit the ship at (though you can't control that, that's just the game doing its thing).

Not only that, I was killing an NPC which was inches from death, and all the lights in their windows started flickering wildly :allears:

Alunan
May 27, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i dont think anyone aside from endie would leak The Special Channel (the star chamber lol) but idk

If someone said something in private, and Endie leaks it, does that really count as public attack? Or is that attention-whoring?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Elmnt80 posted:

When did they change the graphics for shield ships getting hit with stuff? I actually have a real shield around my spaceship that absorbs space lasers and missles and stuff AND ITS AWESOME, HOLY poo poo. Does the armor damage effect change as you run a repper, because if so HOLY poo poo THAT IS AWESOME TOO.

Yep, that was late in 2015. Your hull also now catches fire and smolders when you take armor damage, and the fires are slowly put out and clean up as you run an armor repper. When you take hull damage, the lights on your ship flicker and the engine exhaust plumes go out.

Other graphical things you might have missed in your absence:

* There are now kill marks on your hull -- you get a stamp on your hull for each final blow
* They redid visual effects for smartbombs, DDs, and some missile explosions
* Hulls collect dust and rust (there's a "Clean Ship" button in the fitting window if you don't like it)
* All nebulas/starfields redone
* TXAA enabled if your video card can do it

It may be a terrible game, but it's a good-looking terrible game.

Also, some of the skins look really good these days:

Elmnt80 posted:

CCP is a good video game company.

Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Alunan posted:

Exactly. Endie was an insufferable attention whore in the end. OH NO OH NO MY SUPERCAP IS GONNA BE GANKED BECAUSE I SPOKE AGAINST THE KICKSTARTER. I AM SO AFRAID TO LOGIN.

Except it wasn't. There wasn't any retaliation. So when that piddled out he decided to leave anyway because that's how attention whores work.

It's a long and disappointing fall from the clever guy who wrote updates on the forums.

Or like maybe he didn't like playing with you. That's probably a new thought for you because

Alunan posted:

that's how attention whores work.

#gotem

Did I do it right deadtear?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

its ok, you tried but it was fun to play dust with you anyways :glomp:

When DUST on PC comes out, we'll make remake Sperg Team 6 :glomp:.

Strategic Tea posted:

Not only that, I was killing an NPC which was inches from death, and all the lights in their windows started flickering wildly :allears:

Yeah, that happens when its in structure.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

Or like maybe he didn't like playing with you. That's probably a new thought for you because

#gotem

B-

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

mpaarating posted:

#gotem

Oh, snap!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Alunan posted:

If someone said something in private, and Endie leaks it, does that really count as public attack? Or is that attention-whoring?

I'm sayin I don't know who leaked what if anything you goob

Alunan
May 27, 2008

mpaarating posted:

#gotem

I feel like deadtear would say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Alunan posted:

I feel like deadtear would say no.