Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
hole squads FC policy is "whoever wants to dive in"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would say pit of snakes but i'm p sure phil reads these threads.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

CCP said they're aiming for it to be Free-to-play, and yeah it'll be hacked to poo poo but I still hold out hope that Grief Univeristy & that stuff will be revived.

The Vale bit I just repeated from what Vily & TEST leaders said publicly because, honestly, they know more about their own plans than anyone else.

Also fair point on the CO2 thing, I forgot to mention that.

I know people dislike Aegis sov, but I genuinely find it to be more entertaining for a few different reasons. See; FCON taking DARK.'s space out in Immensea etc. while DARK were busy taking FCONs space. That, to me, is kind of funny and neat.

Grief University alumni unite :)

I was in the first warbarge hijacking, when we screwed over I think it was e-uni? Because we had just figured out how to drag other people into queueing warbarges and it owned.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Grief University alumni unite :)

I was in the first warbarge hijacking, when we screwed over I think it was e-uni? Because we had just figured out how to drag other people into queueing warbarges and it owned.

Yeah it was E-Unis DUST group, DUST Uni, which is where the name came from :sun:

Also it was great when Jenza tried to coin the name for awoxing in DUST after herself, and then we GU'd her corp :smuggo:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Oh, while we're on the topic of people coming back to the game after a few months absent: CCP added a new set of faction frigates to the game based on the ewar frigs, and all of them are hilariously broken.

* The Griffin Navy Issue is like a Merlin and a Kitsune had a baby; you get a turret damage bonus (200dps with neutrons firing CNAM) and a jamming strength bonus, and drones. On the flip side, you get a jamming range penalty, limiting you to ~6km or so. Bring a mobile depot so you can swap out jam flavors for racials, and you'll win 99% of frigate fights; it's basically a win button once you get to scram range.

quote:

[Griffin Navy Issue, schlampa]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Warp Scrambler II
Gravimetric ECM II
Gravimetric ECM II
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50

Small Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Particle Dispersion Augmentor II

Acolyte II x1

* The Crucifier Navy Issue is the same deal, except with a Crucifier and a Tormentor; super short range but super strong TD, and lasers like yow.

quote:

[Crucifier Navy Issue, fw dunk]
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Heat Sink II

1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Disruptor II, Optimal Range Disruption Script

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Knave Scoped Energy Nosferatu

Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Warrior II x2

* The Maulus Navy Issue is basically a Tristan++; it gets both a bonus to scram range and a bonus to scram strength. Without links, a T2 scram is +4 points and overheats to 16km, making it the ultimate tool for murdering stabbed FW pubbies or Ventures. Oh, and it overheats to 4km/s.

quote:

[Maulus Navy Issue, basic MWD]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

250mm Light Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
250mm Light Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

* Vigil Fleet Issue ends up being the odd one out; it's kinda like a neutless missile version of the Cruor, getting a long range web and drones and missiles. There's a ton of different fits, but my favorite is a dual web kiter that dunks people at 17ish km:

quote:

[Vigil Fleet Issue, dual web long kite]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Ballistic Control System II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Rocket Launcher II, Nova Javelin Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Nova Javelin Rocket
280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP S

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
[empty rig slot]

Acolyte II x3

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Unfunny Poster posted:

Again, this is all relatively news to me since I haven't really done much with Horde since end of February/mid March. I know that any awoxers etc. get purged from the corp (along with other people who cause issues not just via awoxing). The whole mentality of having to apply to be an FC etc. isn't how PL or Waffles ever operate so that's why Horde does that stuff. Is that ideal? Probably not, but the flip side of that coin is that outside of that sort of situation it allows a new guy who wants to FC to step up and FC without red tape and dumb stuff related to it that have turned off newbies from groups like E-Uni etc. in the past.

I can't speak as to how Horde compares to TEST since I never did anything with them, but I know the whole mentality in GSF where you had to do X or Y just to take a fleet out was sort of weird and dumb in my opinion.

My instincts tell me that you're basing this on your impression of GSF during the time that you were in TopGoon, and therefore you're working from your experiences with Trephination, Guuldaan, and Sothrasil. Those guys have a habit of trying to put themselves on a pedestal as FCs because they have aspirations of space important, so for them to be An FC (or a "TopGoon FC") means that they're super special and important and better than the regular plebes because they've been vetted and proven and all of this poo poo, and so if you're not An FC, you need to shut up and listen to them until you're An FC (which you never will be because you're, of course, not as good and important as them).

Jesus, if I had the insurance payouts from every time that those guys went and did something that I told them to not do on the grounds that they were Official FCs and they know better than me and they're going to do it anyway, I'd be Querns.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

My instincts tell me that you're basing this on your impression of GSF during the time that you were in TopGoon, and therefore you're working from your experiences with Trephination, Guuldaan, and Sothrasil. Those guys have a habit of trying to put themselves on a pedestal as FCs because they have aspirations of space important, so for them to be An FC (or a "TopGoon FC") means that they're super special and important and better than the regular plebes because they've been vetted and proven and all of this poo poo, and so if you're not An FC, you need to shut up and listen to them until you're An FC (which you never will be because you're, of course, not as good and important as them).

Jesus, if I had the insurance payouts from every time that those guys went and did something that I told them to not do on the grounds that they were Official FCs and they know better than me and they're going to do it anyway, I'd be Querns.

Yeah I'll admit my experience may not have been the normal one and that's why my perspective is off.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Is sothrasil that German dude who's all "don't argue with me" when you try to point out freemovr wasn't turned on?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CainFortea posted:

Is sothrasil that German dude who's all "don't argue with me" when you try to point out freemovr wasn't turned on?

I have no idea but yes.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

CommonShore posted:

Doubly ironic since Querns is out soloing at the moment in an RLML Rapier. :getin:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Soth seemed chill from what I remember from TopGoon 2014 provi fun, what happened :ohdear: ?

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004
Soth's panther ate my ship more than a few times :smith:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Again, this is all relatively news to me since I haven't really done much with Horde since end of February/mid March. I know that any awoxers etc. get purged from the corp (along with other people who cause issues not just via awoxing).

goons have made a point of putting the SAME awoxing character back into horde after getting booted for awoxing just for funsies and have had no issues whatsoever

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has CCP ever said why all the moons look like THE moon and not yknow just smaller planets?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

goons have made a point of putting the SAME awoxing character back into horde after getting booted for awoxing just for funsies and have had no issues whatsoever

Then that's just laziness on the people who can push the button :shrug:

Like I said, not really something I can change or resolve nowadays. I did about as much as I could do in Horde and felt like there was nothing else I could contribute which is why I'm not a director anymore.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

apseudonym posted:

Soth seemed chill from what I remember from TopGoon 2014 provi fun, what happened :ohdear: ?

Soth was chill, but that and having space delusions of space grandeur aren't mutually exclusive. You should have been there for the conversations in which I was trying to set up a more effective Blops Drop system (involving staging in space rather than in a lowsec pos) and he was all :ohdear: because it would be too hard for his regulars to do it that way and they might stop showing up for fleets if it wasn't the type of spoonfeeding that he was typically offering and he needed to have good numbers because something something block FC.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

apseudonym posted:

In fact, now that I think about it, if anything he was too chill. He was so desperate to be putting up paplinks with big "impressive" numbers that he'd let any kind of drooling idiot into fleet, no matter how bad they were at EVE or at being a human being. That's how we ended up with people like Johnny Rah and Futility spewing diarrhea over comms all day and getting other people's ships killed and forcing all of the good people quit because they didn't want to be around them anymore, and Soth was too "chill" to kick anyone. And then TopGoon died.

That's what happened.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is Videogames mining in a heron? :froggonk:

No, he has a Venture named Rock!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he explores in the heron!

it is named pebble

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he explores in the heron!

it is named pebble

:3:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I have a cormorant named Shootz II (the first one got exploded doing the Sisters of Eve arc when my PC crashed) and my heron is named Scanz. I am not as good at cute names as Videogames SAForums

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

Doubly ironic since Querns is out soloing at the moment in an RLML Rapier. :getin:

I loving love killing horde in my rapier. It's just not enough DPS to go after their cruisers. But ganking their destroyers and moonwalking when the fleet lands never gets old.

Also, if anyone wardecs Video game's Corp, the loving war would be put on hold to stomp them.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

CommonShore posted:

In fact, now that I think about it, if anything he was too chill. He was so desperate to be putting up paplinks with big "impressive" numbers that he'd let any kind of drooling idiot into fleet, no matter how bad they were at EVE or at being a human being. That's how we ended up with people like Johnny Rah and Futility spewing diarrhea over comms all day and getting other people's ships killed and forcing all of the good people quit because they didn't want to be around them anymore, and Soth was too "chill" to kick anyone. And then TopGoon died.

That's what happened.

That sucks. TopGoon shenanigans helped keep me cheerful while burning out of grad school. I don't remember the horrible drooling idiots much so either I tuned them out or I was one :ohdear:.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Bleeding and Screaming.

Yep.

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

jm20 posted:

Sorry for the questions I need to elitepvp my head around some things from 2011.

Can lokis still be fit to be unprobable? Has probing gotten better/easier than the drop 6 press probe?

Ganglinks still are system wide and not grid?

What is the fighter change to supercarriers I've read about?

Doomsdays are still version 2 and not version 1?

Are falcons still great?

Why are rockets a thing? Do I need to EFT everything all over again from 2011?

Inties are immune to bubbles? so they warp through them and can't be dragged to a mobile or inline?

Why is isboxer banned?

sup jm

hit me up in-game

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

apseudonym posted:

That sucks. TopGoon shenanigans helped keep me cheerful while burning out of grad school. I don't remember the horrible drooling idiots much so either I tuned them out or I was one :ohdear:.

What's your eve name. It's possible that you weren't there for this bullshit.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Bleeding and Screaming.

Yep.

sounds like you might need to go to the hospital ????

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

CommonShore posted:

What's your eve name. It's possible that you weren't there for this bullshit.

Asurmen Vendici.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="459199141"]
sup jm

hit me up in-game

lol

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

i lost a rapier recently :negative:

im bad at pvp

also i didn't file for reimbursement, far beneath my station

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Glory of Arioch posted:

i lost a rapier recently :negative:

im bad at pvp

also i didn't file for reimbursement, far beneath my station

I have rarely filed for reimbursement. Even when i was in NC the only thing i really asked for when lost like T3's, or capitals. Maybe a hictor or two.

I wld rather someone who needs it use the SRP.

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011
here is something I found, what do you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XucTjLTbk7w

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

apseudonym posted:

Asurmen Vendici.

You're cool.

(e. I'm Don Gately :skink:)

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

CommonShore posted:

You're cool.

(e. I'm Don Gately :skink:)

Best character name.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/7RwTqW2.webm

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Blazing Zero posted:

since hendrick says youre asher, i just wanted to say your podcasts are good and im a big fan

Thanks, wish I had more time to record them during this war.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

vulvamancer posted:

Thanks, wish I had more time to record them during this war.

and here i thought AFKing in a pos as it burns around you a hands off activity :mmmhmm:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Are citadels in game yet?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
tomorrow + however long it takes to buy and build one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deadtear, how far down the list is JEFFRAIDER to be able to claim he should be allowed to get the Goonfleet corp name?

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Are citadels in game yet?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

tomorrow + however long it takes to buy and build one

Earliest you'll see them is Saturday night/early Sunday.

• Locked thread