Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What's the minimum sp amount and K/L isk ratio required to be admitted to RVCMF and do I need to provide full API? Also is it all right that I only have 3 super cap capable accounts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Just send an application and welcome aboard!
The tax rate is 0.5% and all you have to do is have fun, chill and mine!

How long is the initial probationary period and who will be my assigned parole officer?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I don't think I have either of those. It's not a real proper corporation thing.

I'm just tugging your chain, these are all stupid requirements for most SUPER ELITE PVP corps.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is it worth training Connections to V? I don't even understand how it works since its making my effective standing for corps more than triple while the skill supposedly only gives a 4% bonus.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Why is the Mach the go to ship for blitzing? Is it solely because of it's warp speed? And is it still a good choice for doing missions straight up and not just blitzing?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What happened to the whole Co-Prosperity Sphere?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

Aegis Sov mechanics made renter alliances not necessary for the most part, so most of those corporations got absorbed into GoonSwarm Fed as a [Section 8] Corp. They were renters who paid for ratting, but were part of the main alliance to help GSF keep its ADMs up which ties into the sov system.

Yeesh talk about dead weight.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If anyone war decs VideoGames corp GoonSwarm and PL should make a pact to completely wreck them overnight.

Also, why does EVEMON say I have 1mil more total SP than I actually have?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

EVEMON had a real update for the first time in like 8 years.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Which makes for a better non-blitzing mission runner, a Mach or a Maelstrom? From what I can tell the Mach seems superior in every facet.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So for level 4 missions are autocannons or artillery better? Autocannons have better DPS and tracking but artillery has better range and alpha.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Vyst is essentially the poster child of YLLS success stories. Other people have lost as much weight but the fact that he did it in under a year is mind boggling.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How large a risk do suicide gankers pose to mission runners in high sec? Because I am running level 4s in a very valuable Mac and I just learned that people can scan you and see your fits.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

fairly low, if you have a tank fit

not nonexistent though

If I overheat I can tank up to 800dps. So I guess I'm relatively safe.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Here's my fit.

I love it, level 4s are a breeze where I can tank everything on grid without a dent and when I finish training Shield Comp V and HSM V it will be totally cap stable even with the MWD on. But as you can see I only have 61k EHP. Any thoughts?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CommonShore posted:

your EHP with the invuln off is what matters. Also keep in mind that you might be able to get the exact same resists out of tech ii or x-type mission specific hardeners instead of the invuln + the boost amplifier, at much lower cost (and thus much lower gank risk)

Even with your invuln on, it would only take 7 tornadoes to make you evaporate faster than you knew what happened, and 7 tornadoes costs much less than half of what your low slots are worth. In other words, you'd be profitable to gank.

e. other fitting advice:
you don't need to be cap stable and perma run your tank. Put on the least amount of tank possible and decline any missions that aren't blitzable.

I'm not trying to blitz missions right now since I'm not trained to do burners. Since I can't do burners I won't be able to sustain my standings when I constantly decline every mission I can't just blitz.

If I have to do level 4s straight up don't I need my tank to be near cap stable?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alright I'm going to experiment on EFT to substantially lower the cost.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alright lets try again.

Hull+Fit is around 830mil isk. Less than half the previous amount.

edit: amended

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 10, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

why the hell is there a cap battery and CCCs, it appears without the battery you're almost stable with your stupid mwd anyway

What should I put in the rigs, shield or speed? Or something else?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 10, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

gently caress it, here's one last fit and I'll stop bugging everyone.

Costs 900mil exactly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CCP got nuked.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Retake Delve IMO

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

darth cookie posted:

Yup.

Sooner or later, we'll get it back. Next month? Probably not. Next 6 months? Maybe. Next year? Eh. My point is that we'll be back. The timeline doesn't matter.

You really think that whatevers left of the CFC will really stand for dicking around in lowsec for a year?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

You literally cannot have one of the "wars of old" with Super Caps being the way they are. Simple as that. How long will it take for CCP to figure that poo poo out?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CCP Fozzie is a moron who didn't undedstand what he was doing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I know how absolutely mind numbing POS warfare was. And I understand the huge strain it took to maintain the drat things. But it was far better than the stupid poo poo we have now. With POS warfare the wars involved actual campaigns.There were ebbs and flow to wars, definitive victories and defeats, and progress could be objectively measured by the ingame mechanics. Individual battles over particular systems mattered where one key day could decide the fate of the whole war. And these things naturally lent themselves to being very easy to follow for people not involved in the war. So pubbies and people who didn't even play the game could feel invested in following a wars progress. Which undoubtedly helps CCP's bottom line by itself.

I'm sure there is a non POS warfare way of capturing this kind of gameplay again but holy poo poo Fozzie Sov is the exact opposite of what is needed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

Who rolled the Minmatar and rp'd being an Amarr pretending to be a Minmatar disguised as a Caldari

Wouldn't it be be more like rolling Gallente and rp'ing being an Amarr pretending to be a Minmatar?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alright what the gently caress is this?

http://careforkidseve.com/

This has got to be some intricate scam right? That's infinitely preferable to the idea that there's a real life charity going around to sick kids in hospitals and making them play EVE. Who the gently caress would think that's a good idea? They put up the first non j-space keepstar today so I don't know what the gently caress.

edit: oh i should have read the last page. poo poo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Just give them Mario Kart 8 and you'll have kids entertained for hours it's not that loving hard.

What does this charity expect to do? "Alright kids, here's what we call a burner mission, don't gently caress up."

Wait, I figured it out. The sick kids are going to function as sweat shop workers grinding out burners and incursions for the "charity"

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CCP should allow the charity Citadel but ensure that every single bit of isk produced or traded through it goes directly to the charity fund. If the charity is honest about their intentions why would they object?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Were rat payouts recently nerfed because I took a short break from EVE and now I swear all the rats in my level 4 missions have smaller bounties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wow there were over 43,000 people logged in today. When was the last time EVE hit over 40k? Has the new update really invigorated things?

• Locked thread