Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
wow this got dogpiled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

CCP said they're aiming for it to be Free-to-play, and yeah it'll be hacked to poo poo but I still hold out hope that Grief Univeristy & that stuff will be revived.

f2p quality will depend on brazilian uptake

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

goninzo posted:

Raise your hand if you insurance scammed a dread today to cash in on that sweet sweet insurance money before the value drops by 2/3rds?

dreads are going down by that much? or just insurance?

carriers will be the new bs after the patch, I'm pumped

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
people want pvp but they don't want to lose

i imagine there are a lot of hisec dudes who venture out to lowsec in t1 frigs or cruisers and get smacked around within 10min and then never come back

pvp is kinda hard if you don't have people teaching you

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
hey I see despera is back after the flameout in the other thread

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Despera posted:

Whatever happened to that money anyway?

hey despera just posting to remind you that you haven't proven your spacewealth by sending me a few bil yet

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

How many weeks' worth of SP is this holding hostage?

you still get the sp and isk back, it's not a big deal

"held hostage for 2 weeks," it's a 13 yr old game, time is irrelevant

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

cravius posted:

Which one of you is this?

that's me but unironically

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
So I've been having a lot of fun just screwing around in lowsec with sniggwaffe

sometimes we camp a gate and get some kills, other times we go on roams and kill caracals and faction frigs

all in all it's not a bad time

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
the cfc failed because people don't have to play a game

many were starved of content and bored, and all of eve suffered since there was "nothing" going on

groups like PL and NCDOT have a natural advantage because there are very few places to go beyond these groups, so they'll have better retention of the high-skill players which are the real tactical asset in eve

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

The CFC failed because we continue to make long term strategic mistakes under the mistaken assumption that our single direction "Bro Pact" will one day be reciprocated. Basically despite constantly talking about twisting the knife, every single time we get a knife into someone we immediately go all limp wristed, like we caught a spell of the vapors at seeing blood or something. Like B-R should have been deadzoned indefinitely, all of the super pos caged and we should have just squatted there for as long as it took. Playing H1Z1 in one window while the "Log on to finish this." button was available in the other. See what PL/NC. did to the russians for about 2 years straight if you need a refresher on just being vicious.

so you admit that the cfc has failed? now that the coalition has failed and there's no longer the ~morale~ to get 1500 bodies in a fleet, it'll be interesting to see what happens

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

As far as fozzie sov goes: Suddenly small to medium gang pvp is really loving important to holding/taking space, we're going to have to take a crash course on that kind of thing because as a coalition we've largely shat on the concept of small "Punch above weight" pvp for ages now, and it turns out when 20 or 30 nodes are being hacked at once, you can't hurf 2000 dudes for each one.

This sov system is basically a small gang dudes wet dream.

the new sov system is a vast improvement because the previous one was just an escalation challenge

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

Except, as we are discovering, the new one is also an escalation challenge. This is nothing to do with Fozziesov itself, so much as the fact that all PVP in Eve is, given enough resources, an escalation challenge, and if you can describe a full scale sov war between the MBC and the Imperium with two words they would be "enough resources".

For all that supercaps are penalised out of directly taking nodes, Fozziesov has been no exception to this rule, since the entire point is that it's about sustained grid control, and the side with supercap superiority can always keep the field clear of enemy heavy assets (even before they got the ability to directly clear that field back) and that superiority means they couldn't be dislodged since the only viable counter to "N supercaps" was "N+1 supercaps". We'll see if the nerfs to supercap durability change this and allow a large enough force of non-supercaps to dislodge them.

supercaps have been nerfed a lot, and you could probably use (now cheaper) suicide dreads to blap a lot of them

a titan is still 80bil + fit, and a fit dread is what, 2.5bil now? 20 dreads could take out a titan, and the threat of losing supers makes people stop using them fairly quickly

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

mehall posted:

I took a 10day resub offer because it was about to expire, but couldn't decide where I wanted to be in game.

BOS has all my old friends, but GSF give me ISK to fly, meaning I don't need to worry about money.

And then there's Video Games' Corp, which looks chill as hell, and you know I love a bit of mining.

GSF doesn't really do much besides sit in station, and if you're flying stuff it'll be lame interceptor fleets

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

CainFortea posted:

It is far easier to Jack stuff with lower ADMs. Grid holding has very little to do with it. Pitched battles rarely happen, as usually when MBC defends it's with overwhelming numbers.

Also with lower ADMs, the more likely you can ninja a system.

But please, go on about how ADMs have no impact on sov. :allears:

ADMs do have an impact on sov

but this war isn't a ~sov war~, it's a ~morale war~ and the cfc has lost a lot and really needs to come back

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

vyst posted:

Yea my fiancée wants to wait until marriage so what

I bet she doesn't say that to her "special friend" tom

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

So we left Shadow Cartel, and we've been making GBS threads up Syndicate with camps and fleets and honestly, for some reason, the game feels more fun than it has in ages to me.

Glad to see populations kicking back up in a real way too.

camping gates and rolling around in cruiser/t3d gangs has both padded my killboard and allowed me to have a lot of fun in eve recently

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Goatman Sacks posted:

Yeah your account got deleted from the forums reaaaaal quick, made me wonder if there was something else going on

"if i wanted to I could steal all these assets but I'm not gonna because I'm a good dude btw here's where the dreadcache is"

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

hostiles 6 months ago "why don't you reduce the number of people in your coalition, it will be ~more fun~"

CFC 6 months ago "no, you're just mad that nobody likes you"

hostiles now "why are you reducing the number of people in your coalition, what about your friends"

CFC now "didn't want those allies anyways"

ftfy

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I'm not your monkey

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
so how's the space empire doing?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
the blacklist is a good idea because I don't want to play with people who might offend the sensibilities of the directorate

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
why are these threads always the most angsty and bitter

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
there seems to be a lot of narrative control in this thread

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
this game is way better when you don't take it too seriously

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

swissmercenary posted:

At fanfest CCP said Eve is in a way real, because its plex prices were directly associated to the fall in oil prices, crash of Russian Rubble currency, etc...at least they hired some new guy to figure all of that out. CCP also showed how Muricans are more efficient than Russians in making isk/hr.

how are russians less efficient at isk making?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
How fat was vyst?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
How's the spacewar going? Has fighting settled down? Nobody's posting about it in the thread that's supposed to be about it

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

So Deklein, Branch, Tenal, Tribute, and Vale are all effectively lost? And Fade is mostly gone, with PB being up next?

It sounds like the cfc is in a real pickle.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

sorry that i missed your kickstarter-focused rebranding

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

That Works posted:

It is. And also surprising it shares the front page with 2-3 other threads about how we are done / circling the drain / are now irrelevant as well as an AMA request to Mittani.

reddit is poo poo, big news

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

what did ev0ke do now

the other day I got to kill an evZEROke POS with my dreadnought, it was ok

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
so the entirety of fade is now freeported?

also how are non-ironic t1 caracal fleets working out?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

Did someone say T1 haulers?

someone's gonna be buying another nyx fit

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

dragonstalking posted:

Oh man that was almost me around the same time, but with slightly less isk and way more pucker involved. Apparently he only lost 2bil though as he got to loot the wreck :toot:

it makes me feel better about losing 1v1s to navy comets whenever someone is that retarded

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
maybe people would be less creepy and underhanded if RL assets were on the line? people will only do so much when it's just for a game (unless they're russian), but as soon as 6-figure sums of cold, hard USD are on the table people probably start acting weirdly

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Syndic Thrass posted:

The gently caress are you even implying ordo grrrrrr

maybe if mittani, sion, and co weren't all partaking in actual USD from promotion deals with daybreak games they wouldn't be so eager to do whatever to protect their source of income?

without a way to funnel thousands of players into a poo poo zombie game there's no way daybreak would give them so much money

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Goatman Sacks posted:

Yeah, Sesfan calling them out and booting them mid-SotG was harsh and hilarious

e: how effective would it be for me to sit in the middle of Fade with a Falcon and just wait for entosis notifications and try to drive-by jam stuff? Is it a losing prospect, or would delaying an entosis attack by 20-30m help us actually respond to reinforcement attempts instead of just showing up to timers?

i think there'd be more fun in BLOPsing horde guys, lots of them aren't that good and do dumb poo poo

but i mean I don't think GSF really ever wants to fight the vulture menace, and until that happens the war isn't going well

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

didn't want those disposable ratters anyway

not winning/killing fast enough

or is that the joke? how many levels of irony do we have to get through here?

guys it's all part of the plan just settle down and btw please watch my stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wasnt the arsed thing just "we're staying in this garbage space instead of moving to delve"? i wasn't paying any attention to the game when all that poo poo happened so im parroting what i last heard here

Back in the beginning of LODRA there were a few pogroms going down (aka BTLS getting kicked, maybe LOVEU as well?), and then there were some :words: thrown about, and IGNE and ARSED went and did their own thing (here be dragons).

IGNE then merged into ARSED and they were set blue afaik, but pretty soon they joined dreddit and founded TEST.

• Locked thread