Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
So when are they going to shrink the map? Honestly just morph 30% of the random rear end dead end pockets that have like one dude botting some retrievers into one big gently caress off system with a few stars like 400au apart.

Nullsec will continue to decrease in population as the overall population decreases and at a certain point it's the only way to unfuck the player density.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Are there any cool c3/c4 corps these days? What is HS up to?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

4th Horseman posted:

I watched them kill an fcon Astra last week.

purge fcon

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
What's the pro svipul these days can I still get away with an overdrive and invuln and probe/tackle all the things

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Landsknecht posted:

the pro svipul is 6x 200mm ac, 2 neuts, 2 RF MSE, mwd, scram, dc, gyros, MAPC, 3x CDFEII

use prop to burn in, then swap to defensive unless you need tracking

What's out there for 280 fits? I know the ac's are prob better but small artillery is cool and fun.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Daco Vato posted:

jesus christ just stop loving posting. If you were paying attention to eve forums in 2007 for anything other than trolling or buying/selling poo poo then just lol.

PL are the absolute worst about killmail and killboard shaming - always have been. Remember when the PL killboard had comments? Talk about loving hazing. Also their forums used to actually loving show who voted for what in polls. How dumb is that? This was before strawpoll.me and poo poo so the polls were actually kind of helpful. So if you voted in a way that someone "important" didn't like and just happened to be on IRC well prepare for a confrontation or a callout or a "come at" or whatever the gently caress.

It's like... the "hostile work environments" of video games. That's the culture - elite pvp raiding guild bullshit. The darlings of EVE. loving ridiculous.

just lol if you can't get behind public shaming via forum poll results

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

They're all pretty decent. Minmatar ships are pretty good now with small artillery, but I like Caldari for their weapon variety. I would avoid Amarr. Barring a few stand-outs, their ships are one-dimensional and boring. If I had to choose it would either be Gallente or Minmatar; both races have solid ships at all Alpha classes, have useful fleet EWAR, and their T1 and faction frigates are pretty viable for solo roams.

Plus, Thrashers and Catalysts are useful gank boats.

Amarr is far from boring but I'd say they're the most SP dependent ones and I don't think anything cruiser or below is worth running with meta guns and some of the other alpha clone skill restrictions. Like you could do some of the brawling frigs but you're severely limited without pulse access

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Pierogi Christmas is the best loving Christmas. My family had a weird mix of ethnic backgrounds and culinary interests but it turns out that a bunch of polish and Italians who like cooking Mexican ends up for a pretty good holiday meal.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

wow wow wow

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Multilake posted:

Are you flying around lowsec or dipping into null? I usually run around null, but thought that I would give FW-Space a try and just died to a Huggin, which was sitting in a medium plex and had a merlin as bait. :argh:

The only solo worth doing in lowsec is either really small or really big.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

nigga crab pollock posted:

that claw isn't.... completely terrible?

also it kind of still amazes me that people slap polycarbs in spare rig slots. i did it at first because fitting is just cargo culting until you get the hang of the game but the second i found out what hyperspatials were i never bought a single polycarb

Unironically rock solid whenever trufflemach is on grid

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
purge bastion

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
While we're throwing out random ideas to fix eve here are mine:

- delay local 60s
- 2h degradation of mobile bubbles
- compress the map. take all the lovely empty pockets and systems in the game and merge them in to larger, 200-300AU systems. Make systems with multiple stars, whatever. When we're talking about issues with player count, part of it is overall count but most of the issues are player density and it's prob a lot easier for ccp to manage that half of the equation instead of magically pulling thousands of new and active subs out of nowhere.
-come up with a solution to the 1s server tick and all the dumb bullshit associated with it

I think Pooki is likely correct that the other solution is just making PVE better would help also, but this is likely too much for CCP to accomplish successfully.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

iospace posted:

100 au warps are bad enough as is in a cruiser. I'd hate to imagine then in anything bigger.

I'd still rather have one or two 100 AU warps that represent traveling across a constellation than 10 jumps through empty systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They should make assault frigates good and cool again by giving them a built in MJD

• Locked thread