Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Paco Vato posted:

That's the thing - that shouldn't have carried over here in the first place because just like the meme when people tell me to shut up I typically disagree and voice such disagreement. To that end though I will lurk more so that people will just forget that I'm here and talk about other stuff because cripes this thread is terrible now and that's not all on me guys. Sorry you're going to have to take some responsibility for sort of poking the bear here. Just leave me be is really all I'm asking. It's not a thin-skin thing it's a "health of the thread" thing and there's a real difference.

Yes the thing that happens a lot on the gf.com forums will surely not happen a lot on the forums from which gf.com draws a substantial portion of its membership, no sir

in before "huurrrr goons aren't a substantial portion of gf.com membership :downs:"

For real though paco you gotta get a handle on SA culture because loving lol if you think people aren't going to take every chance to pile on the thin-skinned badposter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Paco Vato posted:

The thing that people don't seem to understand is that I have a very good handle on SA culture,

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

But don't ask - not everyone is as nice as you and it won't have the effect you're after

Funny story, when I started playing EVE again in 2013 all of my assets were stuck in someone's station so I sent their diplo a very polite and professional evemail asking if they would grant me temporary blue standings so that I could dock and get them out.

I always wonder exactly how long he laughed at me before telling me no. At least he was polite about it :shobon:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

It's kinda funny that we had no issues killing TISHU machs with canes yesterday, when during the dumb viceroy campaign we'd throw yachtfleets away to them constantly.

hedonism is a hell of a drug

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

globby i'll loving cut you

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

vyst posted:

All Directors have to do a monthly forecasting powerpoint with their monthly TPS reports

Are you allowed to outsource predictions to your local psychic?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:psyduck:

gently caress goons

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:eonwe: seek mental help, friend :eonwe:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:gary:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

How long has it been since goonwaffe has had a corp purge? Every single activity metric seems to suggest that the corp isn't that active, although it still has 3k members or so.

I wonder if this is just to maintain the illusion of power and prevent a pubbie insurrection in the alliance.

Goonwaffe doesn't really purge, aside from if you unsub/let your api expire. That's sorta our schtick, as long as you're a goon you can stay in the corp. At least, last I checked.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

bluegoon posted:

Yeah no but gently caress off now, seriously.

guys better pay attention or he might psyops us :ohdear:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Xolve posted:

Probability of a re-reg meltdown post-VG ban?

p=0.9

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

freeze peach

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

maybe stop touching the poop

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

RE: caloriechat, 1000 cal doesn't seem too crazy for a woman on a major weight loss plan - MY FIANCEE is doing a 1lb/week plan and she can only eat like 1300 cals, it's ridiculous and I don't know how she doesn't starve to death. I go crazy enough trying to keep myself to 1770.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I actually do see myself playing for at least a few years.

I'm not sure how much it truly comes across in my posts, but I have fallen in love with the nature of the game. I find the flying about going from system to system seriously relaxing. Also just watching my ship orbit asteroids and hearing the buzz of the space lazers makes me smile a lot and I like to imagine I'm there. It's such a beautiful universe they've crafted that I want to be a part of it.

My corp (it's seriously not trying to be big or anything) is slowly, slowly, slowly gathering materials and eventually we will create a citadel for miners and refiners called Mountain. There's no rush with it and it will just happen at some point. I've never wanted people to go out their way with RVCMF because it was designed just for silly relaxing. If we make the citadel awesome! If it takes us years, awesome!

Personal goals are three:

1) To own one of every mining vessel and be able to use them :)
2) To visit every area of the universe. Regardless of being attacked I would like to see each individual spot on the map! It could take a LONG time and I could be killed again and again but I want to explore :D
3) To write about my experiences doing it. I've already written a prologue chapter to my little account (A Minor Tale) and heck, I could have so many experiences to put within it!

aaaaaaaaaaa :swoon:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Dust514 shut down today :toot:

and nothing of value was lost

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Hey Video Games is the "no talking about Xenuria" rule still in force if he's posting in this thread?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

bluegoon posted:

wew Mittens, going out of your way to talk to my 5 man south african corp to force me out. Used to be cool to just shoot the poo poo, I guess this has become serious loving business. Whokay broseph, go crazy.

Anyhow please leave them out of this insane poo poo I didn't tell them anything, they're cool guys part of a cool coalition.

Things I'm sure mittens didn't do:

1) specifically go out of his way to talk about you to your CEO

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

fart fart toot toot :gas:

Landsknecht posted:

So PL is still among the most highly ranked alliances on zkillboard and battleclinic, where is ~the imperium~ on those?

There's so much smugging in this thread but not the skill to back it up.

help this post is so ironic it sounds serious

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

i'm

gay

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Then again I'm not a tryhard who focuses on that stuff when it comes to a video game like you guys. :shrug:

lollin

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

vyst posted:

People that bitch about directorbot are the biggest bitch made babies on the planet. A bloo bloo I had to click a window. My life is inconvenienced by so much a bloo bloo

Jesus loving christ yes.

"Wah my computer made a beep boop noise my life is woe and suffering"

:fuckoff:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

apseudonym posted:

Bring back Topgoon kill Soth and Guuldan

this unironically

not that I play or anything

luv2overwatch

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Baculus posted:

Someone in Siren Swarm made sure to air their unanswered questions about you being trans-gender whatever or some poo poo. So there's that silver lining.

:iamafag:

this is bad and not good

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

MysteriousThing posted:

You would be correct.

No point in marketing skins and families of them individually over time if some bug allows anybody to apply any skin to any ship.
It's my understanding that CCP makes decent money from people buying skins with aurum.

Did you not read your probation reason?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

MysteriousThing posted:

I try not to pay attention to try hards who flame and derail threads.

okay neat but that doesn't answer the question

#noxenurias

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

probation reason posted:

Please 'try hard' to read your previous probation reason. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

:vince:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Him posting anything about anything is at least in the top 20th percentile of problems of any thread.

:agreed:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

postemptive swoon over vg post

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

this thread is boring we must not be at war anymore

I thought I was broke but then I realized I had a 1bn RR legion on hand so I sold it and now I'm not broke.

Those broker fees are a motherfucker now though. Also I lost like 60m because I couldn't be arsed to gently caress with sells.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I am ok with us just having the chill thread if people think this isn't working too well. I want everyone's experience to be better and if that means only a zero tolerance thread then I will implement that. I'm not going to force my wants on the whole board.

Please keep a distinct bad thread and good thread. Slapfights and mud-slinging are important parts of the Complete EVE Experience (tm).

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

please

for the love of god

shut up idiot

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Dalael posted:

I'm like an hungry fish. If you dangle that kind of bait in front of me, I'll bite.

can u not

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Dalael posted:

I mean a real fuckin' poutine like its made in Quebec, with[...] the right kind of bbq sauce

u fukin wot m8

proper poutine sauce is based off chicken gravy iirc

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Dalael posted:

I'm sorry, were you born in the land that invented this artery-clogging deliciousness gourmet meal? Cuz I was. :colbert:

You're goddamn right :canada:

I live in Toronto and have had poutine in Montreal, get at me :colbert:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Dalael posted:

Very well. You opinion is therefore valid.
I prefer BBQ myself tho.

I haven't had chicken gravy in such a long time, I think I'm gonna have that later. By long time I mean over a decade.

Where are you going that's putting BBQ sauce on poutine?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Dalael posted:

Pretty much anywhere.

The 3 most popular sauces:

Chicken, BBQ and brown. I've seen other kinds too. Don't know what it was and I didn't try them because 3 choices is more than I need.

absolutely haraam

Xolve posted:

You're from England? Those britfucks have been eating "chips, cheese and gravy" since the 1800s.

The curds are an integral part of what makes it "poutine", and are a distinctly North American thing.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Anyway either of you two proud Canadians ever live in Quebec?

Visited a couple times. St Hubert is my jam.

nomad2020 posted:

Think more cottage cheese curds, but a little runnier I think

no

cheese curds:

They're solid, not as dense as regular cheese, milder (but saltier), and most important of all, they squeak when you bite them.

They melt in a very distinct way that is less weird and messy than grated cheese but much goopier and messy than just chunks of regular cheddar or whatever. They're a bit goopier than mozzarella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Oodles posted:

So kind of like Halloumi cheese?

The same sort of idea, someone decided they wanted to eat unripened cheese and found a unique way to do it. I think typical cheese curds are pretty universally Cow's milk though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curd

• Locked thread