Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Boston terriers were a worse mistake than pugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

go3 posted:

who was the guy zataaki always loving argued with

Was it that MERCHI guy Gantrithor who thought he knew everything about fitting?

luminalflux posted:

I miss my Zataaki Tachypoc

Zatachypoc

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

If you look at Providence's ADM (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Providence#adm) they're almost all at 6 ADM which is the max because they actively use their space etc.

CCP heavily have implied cramming people into regions/constellations is ideally what these changes will want to do.

Then again we reset all the ADMs in Provi in two weeks on a lark invasion. Even when it's working exactly as intended, fozziesov makes it way too easy.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

pugnax posted:

So how boned is the CFC super fleet after this patch? Don't really think CCP should intervene but drat, seems like there's no way for any super pilots still in 0.0 to get new mods, refit, or unload overloaded bays without logging into a pretty hostile environment.

Read that reddit thread too, eh?

Supers in YA0 are probably stuck until we can at least get a foothold back in Dek I'd say. Supers in Saranen will be fine.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Serpentis is striking back against the pubbie threat

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 27, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Tiberius posted:

*you're

Rape caging super towers is very nearly a complete waste of time, over the last 5-6 years and at least a good dozen rapecages I've seen exactly one super die in such a setup.

Yeah, bubblewraps exist to deny the enemy usage of their ships while you accomplish objectives... but we're already not using our supers

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Despera posted:

How long you think you can tell people to stay loghed off before they just never log back in again?

No one who actively plays eve doe so solely to use their supers.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Krogort posted:

Also good luck hero tackling a supercarrier with a HIC now.

I mean you'll get the tackle for one focused script cycle, after which you'll be totally capped out, and dead.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

Dreads now have excellent overheated tank and are cheaper to build/supply. And since for suicide dreads movement doesn't matter you can easily make up the EHP with plates and extenders. DD's also still have windup times, and Titans themselves have lost a lot of EHP as well.

Super EHP nerfs are made up for by plates and their roll bonuses to those plates. Also armor dreads will need to sacrifice damage modules in favor of plates just to break even. I don't really see this updating as making dread bombing any more effective - though at least it'll be cheaper to lose dozens of dreads for no reason.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Except, you don't need to rape cage the towers anymore, especially when your towers aren't there anymore and our towers are- you know, that whole thing where Supers and Titans can now be tackled by a POS now (thanks :ccp:).

Fitting a POS with enough scrams to actually keep a super tackled is going to severely tax the fitting ability of other useful things, I don't think that that's a likely scenario.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Libluini posted:

I know, I was talking about bombing runs on shield capitals, since other people have told me shield-capitals are somewhat vulnerable against that.

In fact, me knowing this was the reason for me not using the term "Dread bombing" because I thought it would confuse some people. But thanks, next time I will put in huge disclaimers in bold and with sirens to list everything I didn't meant

A) bomb damage to capitals is pretty negligible

B) you can't move in siege, the only time dreads are useful, so you can't exactly MWD out of their (or AoE doomsdays) way.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Red Bull posted:

bro did you see what white legion did to your valued allies (and some of your own retards) last night

Chill, bro

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What was nerfed about the single-target DDs?

Also, do the AoE ones do 3m damage or is that at least a bit restrained?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Vollied a 20 man gang 2 at a time and killed a few tackled dreads that couldn't really do anything but die?

Think 1 or 2 of the dreads was self-destructing for that insurance money (because build price is going down quite a bit), but I'm not certain on that.

I guess you can brag about that if you want?

I ran the numbers pre-patch on suicide frauding dreads, and it def. wasn't worth it, unless it was already insured from a previous scrapped dreadbomb

Glory of Arioch posted:

each warp scrambling battery inflicts 3 points so you need minimum 16 focused points to tackle a titan

Chruker has disruption at 3 points, scram at 6. Still you'd need a lot.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'd rather log in at a hostile tower than at a camped friendly one

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Someone already got sucide ganked with a citadel bpo though

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LegoMan posted:

I still have my sesfan sig in my bio in case he ever comes back.

samsies

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

dragonstalking posted:

IIRC they stated the retention rate on those who joined after the big battles was atrocious. Small gang is addicting fun on the other hand. Why would someone want to participate often in tidi lagfests?

Depending on how it goes, so you can enjoy 23 straight hours of watching the guy who has smugged on reddit for the last year eat poo poo.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Who's the dude that just quit to join the True Goon cause that reddit's smugging about today, I recognize the AV but not what he actually did

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Not gonna lie, the vast majority of my posts on SA are in LF and the various LF refugee threads that DnD allowed after assassinationgate closed LF.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Do you think he's right or wrong about the racism thing being tolerated?

There's no such thing as ironic racism, and it must be stamped out like any other mistake of the past.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So basically his article was the TMC equivalent of that Richter Belmont soundcloud

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

but that since there are only about eleven goons left in GSF now

so 10 more than BAT?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Bulldogs were a mistake

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought bulldogs couldn't mate without help, either - I know they can't give natural birth

Also boston terriers suck too.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I sponsored an IRL friend into goonfleet who lives in Madison and he said he said what's up to Mittani at a gas station once. That's my story.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

So this happened in Horde:

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003687/201604281600/

They lost 738M isk in ships, and failed to kill the dread :shobon:

That's adorable

They had to call in PL against a serp titan in O1Y last night

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

That is dangerously shobon.

What do dread rats drop anyway?

Parts that currently have no market value or use. Possibly precursors to faction capital mods or something.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LemonDrizzle posted:

They're components that you need to build meta and faction capital mods.

oh, are faction capital mods in the game already? Or do you mean the concord fake-faction stuff?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ahaha that elephant racked its dong hardcore

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=1987&b=7009222&e=5&t=f

It begins

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Here's something I just thought about - why does sansha dead space loot still have armor mods when it's been half a decade since their shield switch? How am I supposed to role play a full sansha equipped titan?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

I think this was high-angle guns.

Nope, lance doomsday on a gate

Not that tracking titans being re-added to the game was somehow a less stupid decision.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gounads posted:

What are the mechanics behind the new doomsday?

pick a point in space and a line between that point and your titan lights up with a targeting marker to everyone - titan then neuts eveything around it for 33k for 10s (I think?), then applies a 75k dps DoT for 10 seconds to everything within 5k of that line.

CommonShore posted:

It's a cone that works on the same damage calculations as a regular bomb but with the extra multiplier

(-1*P)

Where P is the target's current standings to PL.

It was the lance DD not the shotgun DD

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

You click two points in space and a beam sweeps the area dealing 75.000 damage every second for ten seconds.

I thought that was the scythe DD that you picked two points - the lance I thought was only one, with the other point being your titan

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

Reaper, Lance, Scythe, Vanilla.

How many flavours of doomsdays are there now?

racial unique:
Reaper = Scythe (you reap with a scythe hurrr) - the two point sweeping DD

Lance - the one point beam DD

Old DD = old DD (does the old DD neut as well?)

all races:
cone/shotgun
that GTFO module that teleports everyone away

So 5

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

supercapitals > capitals > subcaps >supercapitals would be a balancing factor instead of having supercapitals back to being able to do literally everything

more titans than supers - while supercarriers are strong, their fighter lifespan is measure in seconds.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Palatine keepstar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, flying 25 jumps to eat poo poo on jump-in over and over again was terrible - though occasionally it was Orange Species instead of Shrike or Chowdown so at least you got to see a cool DD effect

• Locked thread