Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Botting is not punishable under Icelandic law but will get your account banned. You can do many bad things to other players in this game, but you are not allowed to do bad things to the game itself, where doing bad things to the game means modifying the client or automating gameplay.

If you do not care at all about getting your accounts banned, there are lots of bottable activities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Funso Banjo posted:

Is the game down?
Yes. Downtime was supposed to run from 11:00 UTC to 13:00, but it looks like the upgrade to the new patch is taking more time than CCP had planned for.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Don't think you can reasonably blame CCP for a third party program breaking when they introduce a major update. Seems like the onus should be on the third party developers to ensure that their poo poo is compatible with the game rather than the other way around.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
New pyfa is broken, won't let me mess around with dread fits :(

Ragnarok looks like it's going to be pretty loving bonkers once shield slave implants become available.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
e: nvm

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Apparently you now get charged the full broker's fee whenever you modify a sell order rather than just when you make one. That's gonna be a big new ISK sink if it's intentional.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Venom Snake posted:

Suicide Dreads also got a massive buff so expect to see some rapid changes in how fast and loose people are willing to play in the future.
Suicide dreads have marginally more dps than they used to, but are made of tissue paper and broken dreams. If a few properly spaced titans with AoE doomsdays fire on a blob of suicide dreads, the dreads are going to vaporize.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Goatman Sacks posted:

Parts that currently have no market value or use. Possibly precursors to faction capital mods or something.
They're components that you need to build meta and faction capital mods.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So I guess there's an incentive to taking your super caps out for 240m ticks...

But what about subcaps? Isktars are kill then? ratting in a VNI is not worth it? (at least until the final spawn, that probably wont drop a MAZE until the titan is dead)
The capital NPCs are random spawns like faction rats, but rarer. You don't get one at the end of every anom.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

ChickenWing posted:

Only Iapetan titans do. Regular titans don't affect tides.

neeerrrrrdddd

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Does anyone know where empire faction XL ammo comes from? There's a bunch of republic fleet emp/phased plasma/fusion xl up for sale in Jita, but it doesn't seem to be offered in the usual minmatar LP stores.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Gounads posted:

Is the neut around the titan or around the target area?
The titan.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQqOqm4eYM

Hmmmm.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

darth cookie posted:

Whats the new hotness fit for a Naglfar in a high angle environment? I want one for wormhole defense and dropping on basically everything that comes through. Not in a c5 or c6 so i don't have to worry about getting countered by other capitals. The current fit I have is pre citadels and uses an active armour tank and has the mids full of sensor boosters, tracking enhancers and a target painter, which seems a bit redundant now. So what do you recommend?
I'm not Flanders, but this looks OK to me. May have to wait a bit for the market to stabilize and the modules to become generally available, though:

[Naglfar, HAW]

Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Capital Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Capital Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 3200
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II

Quad 800mm Repeating Cannon II, Arch Angel EMP XL
Siege Module II
Heavy Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Capital Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard I

EMP XL x800
Arch Angel Fusion XL x800
Arch Angel Phased Plasma XL x800
Hail XL x800
Barrage XL x800
Navy Cap Booster 3200 x25

Alternatively, you can be a big Sleipnir in disguise:
[Naglfar, HAW XLASB]

Co-Processor II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Capital Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 3200
Capital Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 3200
EM Ward Field II
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

Siege Module II
[Empty High slot]

Capital Processor Overclocking Unit I
Capital Processor Overclocking Unit I
Capital Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

EMP XL x800
Arch Angel Fusion XL x800
Arch Angel Phased Plasma XL x800
Hail XL x800
Barrage XL x800
Navy Cap Booster 3200 x25

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah I like the Collides format more and more. I think it's pretty easy to see that CCP like it too and will probably use an altered version for the AT given the Amarr Championships & Worlds Collide showmatch last year, added to the success EVE NT's tournament had.

I don't know if you saw the Fight Club matches either, but those were pretty cool and a different change of pace. Elise & the guys running the tournaments apparently have a similar but different setup for next season which could be interesting.
I'm not sure that the Collides format could really work over the timescale of the AT - the need to submit comps and bans in advance would make it really hard to manage things when you have dozens of matches going on in a day. It's an interesting change of pace from the AT, though, for sure - comps being submitted ahead of time means that the meta converges to a limited range of archetypes more quickly than you see in the tournament proper, so there's a greater emphasis on really understanding how each archetype works and can be beaten (or equivalently, how to win mirror matches against competent opposition). Also, there's an additional layer of strategy in trying to predict when your opponents will field particular setups, which is fun. The big drawback of the format is that it's virtually impossible to have secret meta-breaking setups like PL's Sleipnir/Moracha comp from AT13 - if that comp had been announced in advance, it wouldn't have been anything like so effective.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

Death & Drone Walkers sorted out their issue, mostly by Death & Co. saying Walkers won't be bothered by them as they were affecting the DRFs renters and that's not good for business.
That actually sounds like an example of Fozziesov working out really well. Good on those walkers.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
what kind of loving degenerate has ketchup on a steak

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Krogort posted:

Beside cyno what interesting role can you fulfill with a 5mp SP alt ?
I was thinking of PI and Market, maybe probing ?
L5 mission puller with maxed social skills for that sweet sweet LP.

e: also, when budgeting SP for your injector-farming alts, remember you need to set aside 768k SP for Cybernetics V.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
If it bothers you that much, why not just sell the flagged jf/cyno alts and buy clean ones?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

dragonstalking posted:

Does anyone have a good fit for gated Lvl5 missions? I keep running into a brick wall on waiting out 4 hour timers to not lose my agent and other games just don't pass the time like they used to.
It's been a while (like, almost three years) but a capless mjd golem can do all the blitzable l5 missions (gated and ungated). The fit is something like this:

[Golem, L5 solo]
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Pithum A-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Domination Kinetic Deflection Amplifier

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Cruise Missile
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Large Ionic Field Projector II
Large Ionic Field Projector II

Warp in, mjd off the beacon, blap the objective, moonwalk out.
e: a better solution is just to buy another pulling alt, though.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 10, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
How resilient is the skin after the procedure? Does it sort of knit itself back together and become as strong as normal or is there, like, a risk of tearing along the seams if it's stretched?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Khablam posted:

Thanks for the effort post. It'll be in a WH incapable of supporting capitals, so I will probably just assume it can't put up much defence against threats found there.
Citadel defences in low class wormholes are great, they just don't have useful dps. Load it up with neuts and webs and use it to support your own subcaps - it can be a sort of giant stationary bhaalgorn.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Apparently Horde is going all in on Fade - they're abandoning their sov in Querious entirely and moving the whole corp into the North.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

Fade is also smaller than what would have had if they did it, but I imagine building two citadels up there they want to commit. Not sure if its the greatest idea or not given Fade's lack of connection to an empire system but v0v.
Does a direct connection actually matter? O1Y is within JF range of lowsec, so they should be OK for supplying themselves.

Goatman Sacks posted:

I'm guessing you can't safe log while tethered?
AFAIK, logging while tethered is functionally equivalent to safe logging.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

ullerrm posted:

IMHO, the best Curse fit is still the classic nanocurse, just updated for tiericide:
Ehhh, I've never been a fan of those super-lightly tanked curses, but if you're going to run something like that in the current meta you should swap one of the tracking disruptors for a guidance disruptor because otherwise the first orthrus you meet will kill you before it hits its first reload and you will basically have no way to counter it.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
The new CSM has been formally announced. They've doubled the number of permanent attendees for some reason: https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Has the O1Y Fortizar been effective at preventing station camping?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Zephyrine posted:

Boat touched the electric fence once and was promptly sent back to Saranen.
The electric fence is the point defense battery, right? Is there any public documentation on how those things work?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

YouTuber posted:

The station brawling Pheonix is exceptionally stupid since the second Siege dropped they would jump out before a point could be applied.
That's not still the case, is it? My understanding is that it's now possible to point/scram sieged dreads (and triaged faxes/bastioned marauders) with regular points and scrams as a consequence of the change from ewar immunity to ewar resistance.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Klyith posted:

Also, someone fill me in on these destroyers with the aoe microjump stuff, like any weird edge effects. Can they move a cyno ship? Does a scram on a secondary ship stop them from getting jumped with it? Do they work on anything or are capships "too big" to be bounced?
Yes, they can move cyno ships - what happens (AFAIK) is that the cyno stays put but the ship gets jumped. Cap ships cannot be jumped, and neither can ships that are scrammed.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Here is footage of Chessur being deeply traumatized by new fighters: https://www.twitch.tv/chessursb/v/64042094?t=02h30m34s

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Glory of Arioch posted:

okay, now add ncdot, moa, drone walkers, oss, oos, blood covenant, darkness, slyce, tard, and a gaggle of other shitbirds that mysteriously show up for every timer

don't get me wrong, we had a lot of success with the "blue everyone" tactic in the past and i definitely concede that y'all managed to do a better job of bluing literally everyone you saw
This is kind of a dumb argument since it's obvious that the MBC was capable of putting more guys on grid in useful ships, but FCON/SMA/BASTN/TNT represented something like 15k characters combined on the imperium side at the start of the festivities. It's not immediately obvious that either side had a clear advantage in nominal combined alliance size.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Glory of Arioch posted:

like here, i stole this from a post on goonfleet dot com by Dreamer Targaryen
Those are current alliance sizes and not at all reflective of the situation at the start of the war. Yes, you're heavily outnumbered now that some imperium members have left and others have been killed off, but around the time of the battle of M-O, Test and Horde "only" had 4-5k characters each, SMA and FCON were both active members of the imperium with ~4k characters each, CO2 hadn't pulled their little stunt, and so on. At the start, the two sides were comparatively close to numerical parity, at least in nominal terms; since then, the imperium has bled and the MBC has grown larger.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Praise spaceship jesus, EFT has been updated: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=24359&find=unread

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Zephyrine posted:

How are the HAW on the Phoenix? Looking at EFT it does a whopping 2600 DPS at best.

With a buddy applying webs, you can get ~90% damage application to fully linked ABing T3 cruisers so...

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Why don't you guys get suicide tempests rather than hurricanes for supercap gank attempts like that? You'd get almost twice the dps per character in fleet, and you had a mach doctrine so you've presumably got no shortage of guys with the right skills.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
So is the MBC making a big final push to wipe CONDI off the sov map? Looks like lots of pure blind got whacked overnight.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Fureil posted:

So what would happen to the game if Interdictors turned Interceptor and got immunity to warp bubbles?
They would be virtually invulnerable and absurdly overpowered?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

gwrtheyrn posted:

help pls send money to a poor space trucker today
Are those an individual player's earnings or the income of some multi-player organisation?

e: VideoGames, FCON is an alliance that previously belonged to Goonwaffe's coalition but has since left to claim space on the other side of the galaxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
dnd posts dont count for anything other than deductions from your overall merit as a human being

• Locked thread