Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Elmnt80 posted:

CCP is a good video game company.

Ummm, NO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

VideoGames posted:

I am looking at various ships in the mining ship tree and a lot of them look extra cool!
Is there any way to learn skills a bit quicker?

All the mining ships/barges are getting some new model love for the Industry patch coming next.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Is it just coincidence that the new DD's were developed by former PL and NC. members? I think not.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

who here remembers aoe doomsdays through cynos fired from completely untackleable titans because i sure as gently caress do

I just heard it from from an older Goon than me , that you are responsible for the first Goon Titan loss, can you confirm?

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

pugnax posted:

Completely agree, and they've done a lot to get this balance model working I think, maybe not far enough. But fundamentally eve is unfair and rewards coordinated effort, and if there's a Titan camping a gate and it kills a small gang, you'd think that it would be reported, and then you'd drop a herocat/welpcane/geddon fleet on the gate and melt the poor Titan, who is also almost guaranteed to be fitted extremely poorly because there are no faction mods in existence yet.

Yes you could, but only to have the rest of PL and NC. drop a Titan fleet on your herocat/welpcane/geddon fleet as usual to save the solo gate camping Titan.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

lets not be that hyperbolic son, he got the dude like halfway down but gaara uhhhh didnt know sieging breaks lock so he lost multiple volleys there and also guy got to refit to be tankier

Don't have and will never have the isk for a Titan, but isn't that one of the new changes for caps in general, they cannot refit now if already engaged in a fight?

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

It really seems a bit amazing just how fragile these medium citadels are, why anyone would remotely want to rely on putting anything of value in them is beyond common sense. I really think they are going to need some kind of serious buff to be a realistic option or you're just throwing isk in the void.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

nessin posted:

He is also only looking at the unfit ones that die in the 15 min vulnerability window after anchoring where you can't do anything with them. So far I think I've only seen one (as of yesterday morning) citadel actually killed through both reinforcement timers and fully fit (minus rigs), and it did a lot more damage than a POS would.

good point, I was just looking at the killboards so far and some just looked like they were killed by small gangs . The high sec kill in Perimeter which is around 6.2 bill in value, looks like it had some goons on the kill, ( thinking MiniLuv ) but yeah it took 5.5 million in damage.

Vendictus Prime fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 10, 2016

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

evilweasel posted:

If a citadel dies, your stuff can be teleported to another citadel in the same system for free, or lowsec for 15% of the value.

The transfer feature isn't live on TQ yet is it? I know it is still up on SiSi currently.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

TEST seems to have come up with a brilliant strategy for Vale, "Let's piss off the Russians." Hell, even Goons learned years ago to never do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

protip: after the first time you overkilled one of those dreads you really should have been prepping for a hotdrop

• Locked thread