Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

also endie is mentally unstable, i hear

He doesn't do anything either. (Except puppetmaster every single thing ~the enemy~ does)

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

CainFortea posted:

What are you talking about? We don't have that. That's only for doing strategic reimbursement fleet stuff.

gently caress, like day old newbies lead fleets.

Edit: I have had fleets dumped on my lap and I am vehemently not space important or vetted, or good.

Dont you have to be in a Skirmish Commander SIG to get a fleet ping?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he explores in the heron!

it is named pebble

:3:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Lotta hate over a video game itt

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Some reddit retard posted:

That's right. I'm a SomethingAwful Goon and Goonwaffe pilot. Have been for the better part of a decade. And guess what? I'm proud of it.
I'm proud of being in the most powerful organization in video gaming history. I'm proud of being in an elite PVP organization, whose very name sends chills down the bones of our blood enemies. Are you?
Nothing makes me laugh harder than /r/eve making GBS threads all over our leader. When was the last time any of you nerds even opened a book? I bet 5% of you at most have even heard of Slavoj Zizek, much less read anything by him.
Sorry about our leader. Sorry that he's not a NEET loser who spends most of his time masturbating to lolicon in his parents' basement like most of the "Money Badger Coalition". Sorry that he's actually a socially competent, well-adjusted, intelligent individual who's well read and treats women like human beings instead of fucktoys and masturbation objects.
I wonder what would happen if any of you actually met The Mittani IRL. You would probably poo poo your pants so hard the inertia would propel you upwards a couple of feet at the very least.
I wake up every morning at 4 AM and spend 2 hours before work helping my alliance and my leader as much as humanly possile. I only get around 4 hours of sleep a night- this has been going on for the past couple of months. I'm starting to have minor audio hallucinations and other prodromal symptoms as a result (at this point almost totally suppressed by prescription anti-psychotics)
And guess what? I wouldn't trade it for any other thing in the world.
You will never be able to defeat us. Because we have higher IQ than you do. We have girlfriends, unlike you. And most importantly- we have Allah on our side. Allah favors the righteous, the noble. The wicked and sinful will be struck down in an ineffably post-racial cataclysmic anti-atrocity. Rest in piss my podkilled enemies. And eternal glory to the warriors of Allah, whose names will be etched forever into the anals of history.

Which one of you is this?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Pangloss posted:

This is so true. Some of the most fun gaming has been with goons in other games. Town of Salem and DayZ (arma 2 version) stand out in particular.

Same tbh. Had a blast playing Planetside 2 and H1Z1 with my goon buds :)

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

all the directors who don't log in like the ones currently out leading fleets, entosising enemy sov, or being on that real poo poo.

baggage

Which directors are those?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

horde? also by taking poo poo out of game do you mean making fun of people here or do you mean blawrf calling prencleeve's house

lol if its the first

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Despera posted:

New old goons goonswarm is pretty dope

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

it's a predator/prey thing, the predator doesn't hang around the fetid swamp because he likes it there

hahaha oh man

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

I plus repped you buddy :)

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

:laffo:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
You heard it here first. Accusing our leadership of shady actions is worthy of blacklisting.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

Are you illiterate or just to lazy to read her post were she outlines she's joining the barbarian hordes currently squatting in our former home.

your posting has been very unchill lately

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

I apologized for throwing poo poo at her last night but being surprised at someone being blacklisted for joining the enemy in the middle of a war is a bit dumb.

Please explain the part about accusing leadership of shady poo poo then.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

She had no evidence and refused to give specifics, and that combined with peace'ing out to join our current enemy is in and of itself shady. If you leave in the middle of the war to join the people currently attempting to keep us out of our space don't expect to be handle with kiddie gloves when throwing out accusations.

So literally accusing ones leadership of shady stuff is an influencing factor in being blacklisted? Like, the same treatment reserved for corp thiefs and spys. Ok then.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

Accusing ones leadership of shady stuff with no evidence and then subsequently leaving and joining the enemy, yes. Idk why your trying to make it seem like she raised some concerns then was thrown out.

I'm not trying to say that. I was just saddened that the directorate deemed that part important enough to put on the blacklist description. It says a lot about the thought process. That being said, this is becoming a pedantic argument that I have no wish to continue. Sorry for the derail.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Zephyrine posted:

Looking at the Eve map right now it's slightly worrying that leaving will get all your auth info published to the whole Alliance (coalition?) Especially for me who have so many formerly "secret" freighter and cyno alts.

yeah thats pretty hosed up tbh

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

did it never occur to you to do this privately to the parties involved
does it ever occur to you to stop posting

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

you were literally in the freighter gank squad and afaik nobody has said "all of these people are angelique go kill the poo poo out of her" yet?

they put all her alts on rc

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

no he didn't, deadtear has no access to rc as far as i know

got me :smith:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

i like how you all thought we vehemently poured over all of the secret doxx documents we keep on every member in goonswarm federation, noted space autism pustule, and painstakingly entered every name into a web form, pausing occasionally to catch our breath and to chisel off some of the hardened cheetoh dust from the keyboard

literally no one thought this

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

sorry "published"

I'm well aware of how the blacklist works :)

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

so they can vet random recruits against it

hell for a while we toyed with the idea of making the imperium blacklist public to everyone who wanted to page through it, mostly as a character bazaar monkey wrench, for whatever that would be worth

Didn't the blacklist used to be public when FA managed it?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Zephyrine posted:

Would you feel better if I came clean with all of it then?

please

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

"someone, i think, maybe got banned for something that makes me right, i don't know who"

i think hes talking about jokine getting banned for negrepping that twr post

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

jokine had characters in a hostile alliance, oss

Wasn't this way before BOS got kicked?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Zephyrine posted:

It's 2 at night here in Sweden. If I go to bed before Flanders answers this then someone feel free to re-quote this every now and then as a reminder. I have no idea why the directorate of all people would push so hard for this when I wanted to leave it behind but if you're going to keep calling me on not making all the details public. Page after page. Then you leave me little choice.

thy're not gonna tell us can you please just let us know for fucks sake

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

haha I decided to go read some Darius Johnson posts on reddit and he sure is convinced we're all being abused or some dumb bullshit.

Like I get it, mittens huffs his own farts, but pretending DJ isn't doing a fair but of butthuffing for dem upvotes on reddit is pretty amazing.

fyp

e: but yeah, I mean its hurf all around so :shrug:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Haha DHDs meltdown on Reddit is beautiful

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
So I see a common thread where dudes like Venom complain that those leaving don't stay and try and reform GSF from within. How exactly do you see that reform happening? I'm too lazy to go dig it up but I remember a Mittens post talking about how it's easier to just get rid of dissenters than address their complaints. (I think this was the post about how truegoons go fuckgoons) anyway, what's an average line member gonna do? It's not like we can vote the current leadership out. It's pretty frustrating so a lot of guys just leave to a better cultural fit.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

I mean, you could start with saying what the reforms you want are, either in this thread or hit me up on jabber (if I ignore you though, it's likely that i'm on one computer and it went to the other so I may respond in a few hours). I am always happy to listen to complaints and address them if I can. Sometimes, there are people you can't make happy - either because what they want and what everyone else wants are incompatible, or because they're just kind of a shitler (and my guess is, that's what the mittens post you're thinking of is about) - but most of the time there's something that we can work on.

Hey, I appreciate your accessibility, seriously. Good to know its not all just lip service.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Vando posted:

This thread feels like what a forum combining pro wrestlers and pro wrestling fans would be like.

Some fans haven't realized it's fake yet :ssh:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

Thing is, I can't agree with this. Iv seen it work in EVE multiple times.

It's pretty easy to talk to directors these days with Elysium and just bothering to seek them out. And the reason I complain is I don't like it when valuable people leave, Id rather them stay and try to make a difference because leaving just makes it harder on all the people trying to fix poo poo. Although it's a video game and people are free to go and do what they want.

Yes bitching in Elysium will effect change

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

4outof5 posted:

Is this the part of the movie where you all realize you're being dumb and get together as a TEAM and beat the bad guys?

I hope so

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

go3 posted:

its almost like if you behave like a rational adult and try to get problems addressed you will get treated like a rational adult in turn.

however that just doesnt have the same entertainment value as turning the attention whore dial up to 11 on your way out and vaguely alluding to ~problems~ or throwing a giant walleyed loving fit because you were left out of a comic

Not sure that even something as obnoxious as a reddit AMA is as egregious as what you claim people do when they leave

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

That Works posted:

So, what is your purpose for posting here? It mainly just seems to be to poo poo on another organization because of ???

Like, what do you want to accomplish?

The organization is cool and good, the leadership is iffy. Sorry for talking about a goon guild on SA I guess?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

I have to say, dreadnaught rats as a way to kill afk ratting was a shockingly well-thought out and well-executed move by CCP. I'm just not used to CCP actually pulling that sort of thing off, they silently killed afk ratting and made nullsec basically happy with its demise.

Say what you will about how hilariously incompetent CCP is, but it seems like they know what people want, they just implement it in the worst possible way. I think they got it generally right this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Idk why I even bother coming to this thread anymore when I can read all the choice bits on reddit. Seriously, the turnaround between contentious post here and it winding up over there is impressive

• Locked thread