Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Dat :captainpop:

Mining :frogon:

Heron :derp:

My life compled it has :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

what if i care less about having the coolest ship and missiles and just want to specialize in something worth botting or something automatic and repeptative that gives good gains or is sought after or something?. is that legal in this game? and keep it going on my phone while I'm out skating and stuff and treat it more like a phone game than a real game?. with little regard to getting banned because lol eve the spaceship game

I have no clue what that entails and havnt even looked into botting. what do goons think of botting this giant space game that holds the country of Iceland's economy or whatever.

is it punishable in Iceland to bot or do bad things in this game btw? serious question

Why don't you stick with your phone games anyway?

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Are we there yet? :f5:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Xolve posted:

CFC line members are going to start running out of space dollars.

froody guy fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 27, 2016

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

LemonDrizzle posted:

Apparently you now get charged the full broker's fee whenever you modify a sell order rather than just when you make one. That's gonna be a big new ISK sink if it's intentional.

:cmon:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

I just checked the material requirement for the Astrathus and it's (almost) all 1x something

how does ME research affect something like that?

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

So I went looking at the Keepstar

I see what you did there :ccp:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Just bough a plex at 906M! What a time to win at EVE :supaburn:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Then I had to scan for a relic site, but I don't have half a clue what I was doing with the scanning. It took me about 30 minutes to get a scan to go from 34% to 70% and I don't know what I was doing to change things or how to improve it! Also hacking confuses me too!
There's a whole category of skills in the "scanning" submenu. My probing alt has more than 4M points in it, which is about 2 months straight but with 1M you can be at lvl4 and be pretty good. Of course there are implants, rigs and ships with bonuses for that. Mainly the Covert Ops frigates (Buzzard, Cheetah, Anathema and Helios) and others too, like the Astero and the Stratios or even standard frigs like the Heron. And modules and probes too, the Sisters of Eve ones.

Hope you liked it because having to scan in EVE.... it happens.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

VideoGames posted:

This video was awesome! I didn't know you could go to the map and change radius things like that. The mission didn't tell me to do it. Unless I totally missed something, and that is very likely. Now I can have fun scanning too!
:downs:

Scanning is pretty fun indeed, that kind of relaxing fun tho. Once you're done with it tho, you'd better check the dark side of it. It's called dscan and it can make you scream :ohdear:

I still remember my first practical lesson when I was a unista (I've been that bad yes) I was all "oh my god this is unbelievable, there are all those things I can probe without being noticed and I can do it" but man it can be frikkin painful. Especially if others make it to your ratting thing :unsmigghh:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

VideoGames posted:

:downs:

I'm currently reading all the Local Jita stuff and absolutely everything appears to be a scam of some sort. If you click the contracts then nothing matches up with what is said in chat. It's quite crazy! Some guy is saying I want to sell 6 plexs for 6 million but if you open that contract it says he will give you 6 million for you giving him 6 plexs! So cheeky!

You know what's awesome about it? That sometimes goons set it on fire and Jita becomes.....

Dabigredblob!

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

It used to have the best mission agents so people naturally congealed there.

Over time the agents were removed to make room for more players and now it's a trade hub.

This (had all the agents from lvl1 to lvl3). But also this

quote:

It used to be that gate travel from one race's empire to another would always take you through a system called Yulai. This created a large local population there just from passers-thru. This traffic attracted merchants who set up the best-stocked market in Traquility in the stations there. This market in turn attracted yet more traffic.

This traffic caused server instability as CCP had not yet implemented the changes that now allow Jita to remain stable at such high populations. As a stop-gap measure, CCP changed the routing of the "Supergate Highway" so instead of 1 primary hub ( Yulai ), there would be travel 4 hubs, 1 in each empire. I personally think that CCP had hoped this might create 4 separate and competing market hubs, but this is only conjecture.

As I recall it, there were many wealthy merchants who were not happy simply allowing the architects of the superhighway to dictate their fate. They carefully selected Jita as their new home, and moved their markets there. They chose it for many reasons, and all these years later, it would appear they chose well, as it not only survives, but thrives even today.

So in the end, CCP did force a movement of the existing market hub by routing traffic away from the Yulai, but in the end the players chose to remain consolidated in one system, and players chose the location.

edit: and of course this

quote:

Jita used to have free cookies. No longer, but the crowd remains.

froody guy fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 30, 2016

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Ok I'm a lazy bum and I know nothing about carriers, so how these new drones and squadrons work? What's the big deal about the "space superiority" ones? They're good at killing drones and subcaps but poo poo at killing bigboats and caps?

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

So, goons lost their space and morphite is spiking like Asakai local when dbrb pushed wrong buthan.

Coincidence? :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Is it normal that if you pay for your game time once then you end up with a loving subscription that you need to deactivate manually even if you manually deactivated it years before? :argh:

• Locked thread