Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I just spent like an hour flying from jita to amarr and back trying to figure out what i did with my plex stash. Checked contracts, corp assets, personal assets, nothing. Then i checked the cargo of the ibis i was flying. Whoops. Suicide gankers are really slacking these days.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hey I need some quick help with my maths - given that a cloaking device targeting delay is above 10 seconds, and the only way to keep a titan tackled in lowsec (barring 50 interceptors) is a focused hictor point, is it reasonably safe to jump a super into a lowsec system with a few not-on-grid hostiles if the super is able to do a 10 second warp to a pos?

This is assuming you're in a safe that takes 10s to warp to from every celestial and you jump the instant you light the cyno

e2: and you confirm there are no active probes out

The targeting delay is 10 seconds but they can still light their own cyno and bring in some friends instantly.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

dragonstalking posted:

Nobody wants to stick around in their autism chariots while some nerds argue about moving their titan sitter 5 regions away.

If someone on grid could fly it NBD though, maybe?

Someone on grid could fly it, but really getting a titan makes one person happy, getting a titan killmail makes everyone happy.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

VideoGames posted:

As a corp leader I can safely say I have no issue with people joining with alternative characters or having alternative characters in other places! I do not mind leaked secrets because there are none in RVCMF! Unless you count the bulletins, but they don't make much sense.

You should update the corp so more people can join on your adventures. Here is a handy guide i made in like three seconds during the meeting I'm in.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

VideoGames posted:

All done before music practice! Now it says 60 people can join! (Though that would be seriously crazy numbers!)
Anyone else who wishes to join feel free to submit some applications :D

:toot:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Helicon One posted:

This is bad advice, since omnitank is gank resistance. Tailor your resistances to the NPCs a little but if you're at all worried about getting suicided then you need to avoid resist holes and increase buffer.

(if you are intentionally giving bad advice so you can gank him, then carry on)

I think the point is that if you tailor your resistances to the NPCs, you can fit cheaper modules and actually get a greater effective tank vs NPCs, which makes you both more effective and less likely to get ganked in the first place.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

RVCMF has claimed it's first killmail :unsmigghh:

He was like less than a month old and when I checked his killboard I saw he had been fitting sisters probe launchers on his herons and losing them with alarming frequency, so instead of just warping back out I popped him, convo'd him and had a chat. He now knows what skills to train, what ship he should be aiming for for exploration, not to fit faction modules on untanked t1 frigates and he's 100m isk richer so I think that was a happy ending :unsmith:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Realistically I don't think we're taking back dek in any timeframe that doesn't involve years. I assume leadership is looking at alternatives, but they sure are taking their sweet time about it.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Xolve posted:

I have 2 perfect dread pilots that were both 'born' 2 weeks ago.

What a time to be alive!

How much did that cost you in injectors? I was thinking of doing something similar.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Probably still worth it to get to choose a non lovely name.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Dalael posted:

:laffo:

I care so much about what people might think about my posting, I don't want my name to start by D because lately people have started saying people who's name starts by D are bad posters. Wouldn't want that therefore I paid real monies.

Just :lol:

I can't wait for the next time you laugh at someone who paid :10bux: to join.

Are you really making a big deal over a guy spending a whole :siren: 8 AMERICAN DOLLARS :siren: on a joke?

God damnit I got baited by a D-name poster didn't I :negative:

Also, how the gently caress to I remove myself from that optional jabber broadcast group? I keep getting pings about people streaming while at work and that poo poo needs to stop.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The only caps you should keep in dek are ratting carriers for those sweet sweet ticks.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

What ever happened to ALODs? They were usually pretty decent reads.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

It's nice when someone uses the word normie because then I know nothing they will ever say is worth reading.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Is there anyway to view kills by NPCs on zkillboard easily? I wanna see the carnage being done by NPC supers.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Divine Blob posted:

As a noob is it smart to join Goonswarm in their current situation?

If you want to PVP and be PVP'd, sure.

If you want to do pretty much anything else no. GSF has no space and won't for the forseeable future, and being in GSF makes hisec unsafe too.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Elsa posted:

I scanned down a Cheetah floating in space in Fade last night, and it was [CONDI]. I boarded it with a Hoard character and now I have a spare Cheetah so thanks whoever left it behind. But I'm still curious how it got there, why it was floating in space, and what the player did with the pod after ejecting. I'll even give it back to the owner if they can tell me what the story is behind it (and also tell me the fit as proof it was theirs).

Any ideas?

Wasn't mine, but I've definitely ejected from smaller ships like that and pod expressed home when I get tired of roaming and want to get back to station quickly. Sometimes you really don't want to make a 30j trip back home, and it's not worth waiting for the SD timer for the tiny amount of isk in insurance you get, so you eject and self destruct.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I have a friend in Test who keeps saying that they can just blueball PL until PL has to go defend MBC space from the evil Goons so its no big deal. Because apparently PL can't actually fight MBC members because PL is obligated to defend them for the rest of time or something.

I hope you prove him wrong.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

How much isk does self-destructing a supercap get you? Asking for a friend. That friend being me who is too lazy to move it all the way from dek.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

the Chargers will gently caress that up, because the most Browns thing would be to gently caress up a winless season, especially if it's 2-0 on a comedy safety

I think you mean the Steelers in week 17. Playing down to our opponents is our thing and it doesn't get much lower than Cleveland.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

important PL update: PL+NCdot+gotg+TEST will all be moving to NPC delve after xmas; apparently lenny has been unbanned and the crusade continues

Maybe there will be a real keepstar fight then :toot:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

There's an Italian American tradition to eat fish on Christmas Eve called the Feast of the Seven Fishes. Wouldn't be surprised if other countries have their own version.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

poo poo, not even looking at other movies, the imperials blew up an entire city and killed everyone there to test their superweapon. I thought that was a pretty big red flag.

Also one of the first lines of the movie is the imperial guy saying they were going to provide peace for the galaxy, the scientist saying they're confusing peace with terror and the imperial guy shrugging it off as "you have to start somewhere".

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Did we really welp 5 supers and like 60 caps over some fortizars that are 2j away from another already online Test fortizar?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Don't even delete supers and titans, just delete the BPOs (and stop dropping BPCs from incursions)and let them die out naturally. I miss the days when losing titans and supercarriers meant something.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The only thing worse than reddit is derails about posting on reddit.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Have they announced what they're doing with station eggs yet? I got one from a friend for like 6b after they became undeployable on the off chance they became something cool.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I mean if they don't do anything with it I have a cool piece of eve history for only 6b. Considering I was planning to build one to have anyway and the sticker price was like twice that I thought it was a good deal.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Oh hey, you get a fortizar and an azbel for any station eggs left over you have. Guess chucking a couple bill at my friend for one was a decent investment :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Pretty sure thats why PL lost B-R. They primaried dreads first because dreads woulda been the bigger threat in non-tidi, but really doomsdays were all that mattered in tidi.

• Locked thread