Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
And the archives

(2016) Eve Online 2016: the sci-fi spaceship game in which Goons are terrible
(2016) Eve Online: I have been doing everything slightly incorrectly
(2016) Eve Online: This isn't another Goonswarm thread
(2015-2016) Eve Online 2016: Actually It's Called Eve-ophilia
(2014) EVE Online: The Spaceship Game That Didn't Steal Your Kickstarter Money
(2013-2014) Eve Online: A Curiously Excellent Spaceship Sandbox
(2012-2013) EVE Online: The spaceship MMO that is 99% of Iceland's GDP
(2011-2012) GOONWAFFE NEWBIE DRIVE 2012: RIP Vile Rat
(2010) EVE Online - GoonSwarm 2010 Recruitment Thread
(2010) [EVE Online] ElitistOps - gently caress it, own everything (ElitistOps recruitment)
(2010) [EVE Online] Rho Squad Recruitment
(2009-2010) EVE ONLINE - Laugh even more at EVE Goons who can't keep things from being stolen
(2008-2010) EVE Online: Curb Stomp the Universe
(2008) GoonSwarm: self-destructing and taking everyone down with them since June 2006
(2007-2008) [EVE Online] The Greater Goon Recruitment Drive
(2007-2008) GoonSwarm: menace to arrogant pubbies since June 2006
(2007) Goonswarm
(2007) [EVE ONLINE] Goonfleet recrutiment drive: "Welcome space-scrubs!"
(2006-2007) Goonfleet [Eve Online] "Capital Ship in PFP-? Smoke that bitch!"
(2006) [EVE Online] How I scammed a corp for 12 Billion
(2006) GoonSwarm Recruiting! Galactic Dominion, Goon-Style in EVE Online.
(2006) Eve Online: Demon Womb: newbie drive
(2006) EVE Online - Part 2
(2006) Eve Online - Goonfleet news!
(2006) Eve Online: It's a good game, really, I promise
(2006) Eve Online: Goonfleet is like herding space kittens
(2006) Eve Online: Goonfleet needs YOU to help conquer the galaxy!
(2006) Eve Online - Snigg Comic Strip
(2005) EVE Online. Why play this game?
(2005) So what happened with Goonfleet? [EVE ONLINE]
(2005) Eve Online: GoonFleet Mk II
(2005) Eve Online: Operation GOONFLEET
(2005) EVE Online In PC Gamer UK - 4 Pages About Loot Worth $16,500 IRL Stolen
(2005) Finally done with exams? Come play Eve Online this summer free for 2 weeks!
(2005) Eve Online: The Best Game Goons Play. (Free for 2 weeks!)
(2004) EVE Online Megathread, the resurrection. Space pirates inside.
(2004) EVE Online megathread: Newbs, Vets, Everyone!
(2004) The Second Eve Online Goon Corp Thread
(2004)The Official Eve Online GoonCorp Thread
(2003) EVE: The Second Genesis (possible YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS ?)
(2003) [EVE online]4 weeks later, who's in?
(2003) EVE online beta armageddon
(2003) [Eve Online] Let's get organized/Impressions
(2003) EVE online GoonCorp is up
(2003) EVE online patch. Maybe this will get you back in.
(2002)What's your take on eve online

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

jm20 posted:

Can lokis still be fit to be unprobable? Has probing gotten better/easier than the drop 6 press probe?

No ships are unprobable any more though some can be hard to find.

jm20 posted:

Ganglinks still are system wide and not grid?

Still system wide yes but no longer usable inside POS shields. CCP wants to make them on grid soon.

jm20 posted:

Are falcons still great?

As a ship you dual box with your solo pvp sure. In fleets, not so much.

jm20 posted:

Inties are immune to bubbles? so they warp through them and can't be dragged to a mobile or inline?

Correct. The only thing that can catch a travel fit interceptor is a smartbombing battleship. Though combat fit Interceptors can be caught by instant-locker ships.

jm20 posted:

Why is isboxer banned?

Because you would have one guy multibox 30 bombers and instantly wipe out whole fleets on his own and CCP became tired of hearing about it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Kismeteer how is the corp search going?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Xachariah posted:

I suggest a Retriever, Hulk or Procurer called Boulder.

Skiff.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

pugnax posted:

So how boned is the CFC super fleet after this patch? Don't really think CCP should intervene but drat, seems like there's no way for any super pilots still in 0.0 to get new mods, refit, or unload overloaded bays without logging into a pretty hostile environment.

About 110% boned.

A few months before this war I tried to buy a Leviathan from Firvain on leeway and he laughed me out of the room for being a poor. In retrospect it was a lucky break for me because the deal broke on interest negotiations. I thought 1% per year was more than fair and he wanted something like 5% per month.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

As more nerds leave and there isnt a critical mass to ensure PL's utter safety PL will gently caress right off as well, that means Ncdot too as they are functionally the same

Hopefully FCON will be reset by then and we can be waiting for their logged off supers :getin:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Xolve posted:

What's going to happen that isn't already happening?

Your supers are hosed.

Your going to keep bleeding members.

Boat is gonna keep bragging about running away.

Asher is going to continue making NC. FC's look competent.

CFC line members are going to start running out of space dollars.

Mittens is going to keep pinging about MBC 'screaming and bleeding' and how 'we're right where you want us'.

This is a demonstrably unchill post.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

:3:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

"Rape cage" is not really a term I think people should use to describe an action in a video game.

That's just my thought though :eonwe:

Agreed.

Edit: Meanwhile all this slapfighting is ruining our nice new thread.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

So this happened in Horde:

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003687/201604281600/

They lost 738M isk in ships, and failed to kill the dread :shobon:

That is dangerously shobon.

What do dread rats drop anyway?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I'm Swedish. I demand localization to Volvos for all these measurements.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Also I need to update the Eve fan fiction I wrote a month ago.

Zephyrine posted:

Turns out that was just an imposter pretending to be DJ.

The real DJ perished during the great war. Unbeknownst to everyone. With the help of CCP BoB had built 40 Titans inside a wormhole. This fleet was unleashed near the end of the war. Poised for victory the fleet approached Goon battle lines by passing through a secret wormhole network. Darius was alerted to this. Knowing that the knowledge of such a force would demoralize the rest of Goonfleet, he took a small rifter fleet of his most trusted lieutenants and went into wormhole space to face the BoB Titans. The fighting was viscous and DJ was seen to destroy five Titans single-handedly before taking a glancing hit from a Doomsday weapon. Ejecting from his rifter, DJ used his pod to crash the exit wormhole. Making it go critical and trapping the remaining BoB Titans in wormhole space forever. His pod however exploded as the wormhole sealed. His frozen corpse was recovered and taken back home to be interned into the golden throne. Now the throne rests in the undercroft of VFK. Our enemies suspect this and they know that DJs frozen corpse is the key to recovering the lost Titan fleet that they need to win this war.

One of his last edicts before he crashed his pod was the formation of hole squad. To serve as the eternal guardians of goonkind. Their destined task was to search out and close wormholes that lead to the trapped BoB Titan fleet. Making sure that these Titans remain sealed inside wormhole space forever.

After capturing VFK and recovering the frozen corpse of DJ. NCdot used forbidden magics to resurrect him. PL planted the Goonswarm Alliance in his hands like a burning sword, and he was sent forth to dismantle the current Goonswarm Federation.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

-Troika- posted:

Being on the opposite side of the galaxy from all of the most annoying people in EVE is gonna be pretty great.

Tell me of this magical land of mystery.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/1rbSek0.webm

Edit:

ullerrm posted:

requesting a copy-paste of this to :blawrf: in the next jabber smiley pack

GSF should probably leave Blawrf alone at this point.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 29, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Gounads posted:

What are the mechanics behind the new doomsday?

You click two points in space and a beam sweeps the area dealing 75.000 damage every second for ten seconds.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

thats the reaper not the lance

Reaper, Lance, Scythe, Vanilla.

How many flavours of doomsdays are there now?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

pugnax posted:

If you want to be pedantic about the economics of scarcity feel free, has nothing to do with my point. Don't be dense.

You're missing a dimension on the scale and that's human effort.

One person should not be able to buy himself victory over ten active human beings with isk.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

pugnax posted:

It sounds like you're arguing both that significantly complex value chain for supercapital production isn't relevant to the human effort dimension, and that victory should hinge on numerical superiority.

Somewhat irrelevant since they are being massproduced all over and sell for around 110% mineral value.

Numerical superiority should play a big part because more humans interacting with with other humans is a good thing. Good for Eve and the people playing it.

When one person can defeat 20 other people at the push of a button due to isk alone then that is bad for the game.

It would have been different if he had to lock one of them and fire on them. Then they would have had a reasonable chance to evade after he showed up on grid.

As opposed to him starting the doomsday when they enter grid in warp and they are all fed into it

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Xolve posted:

This isn't 2007, bombing runs take a non-retard to probe then jump squad commander positions and squad warp bombers onto things at 30 (source: Boat can do it).

Not hard exactly 'hard' or 'skillful'.

But an active fleet has a reasonable chance to dodge bombing runs.

However I still think there's a problem which is evident by shield battleships being a mostly non-existant null doctrine type for the past few years. (except for a few short lived gimmicks)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Warm bodies is the only thing of value any MMO has to offer. To herd people into other people to be friends or enemies.

To form any sort of bond. The bond of rivals or friends. Doesn't matter. Just something to keep the person in the game and make that person bring more people to the game.

If a fleet is repeatedly wiped out instantly without a chance to evade or counter. That's the sort of experience that makes people put down the metaphorical controller.

It's the whole FPS "map full of snipers" thing.

I have no doubt that the sniper is having fun but the situation is not good for the game.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

pugnax posted:

Totally agreed, but earlier in the conversation it was pointed out that you couldn't drop on the Titan doomsdaying a gang of scoutless shield cruisers on a gate because the Titan had a friendly fleet waiting. So is there some sort of fairness ratio of fleet sizes?

That he had fleet support is beside the point.

The problem is that from the moment they engaged warp. He had time to cyno in and create a firewall of doom to instantly kill any of them and they were helpless in warp to evade it while automatically being unable to fight him in return due to the isk tank (this in itself is fair)

Isk buys him protection from their numerical superiority in the form of a massive resilient hull that they have no chance of breaking. But it cannot at the same time buy him the offensive power to instantly wipe them out at a great distance with minimal risk.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

We put so much effort into this "out of game community" of a coalition with the other allies to form a stronger bond. Then someone puts a little pressure on us and nearly all our allies snap like bread sticks instantly.

I've been enduring FCON for two years and then when the Mongolians are finally at the ramparts. All FCON did was go "see ya!" and then I'm not even allowed to shoot FCON in the back as they jump over the wall and run into the woods.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

Do you mean in the sense we reduced the size of the CFC when we formed the Imperium or that the Viceroy poo poo was "To Evil"?

The Viceroy thing was fine. Just evil enough.

The CFC/Imperium simply became fat from spending two years unopposed. The real fighters left for more active groups because fights need a fight. In their place and we recruited thousands of bears. Who had no problem staying because "not fighting" was just what they wanted.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Xolve posted:

There's a reason rank and file infantry doesn't share the same kit as Navy Seals/SOGs.

To be fair. It's not a cost issue. But when we adopt a doctrine the market needs to be able to supply the thousand or so ships needed along with all fittings.

After the market meets that demand. There needs to be enough of a supply left for the market to be protected against "market fuckery" For example someone buying up all deadspace modules of a certain kind and relisting them at ridiculous prices.

We have had doctrines that had to use T1 rigs simply because there weren't enough T2 rigs of that type to outfit fleets and replacements.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Dallan Invictus posted:

The whole viceroy thing would perhaps have been a fine way to get those fights, but maybe it needed to have happened earlier, or have targeted other parts of 0.0 (who mostly already hated us) instead of lowsec (who hardly gave a poo poo about us except as a source of ~content~).

That said, I don't know if the problem is precisely "too many carebears, all the fighters left", except maybe in the specific context of supercapitals (but that seems like it was inevitable as long as PL et al could out-escalate us, which they could always do except in the specific situation of the Halloween War/B-R where we had the Russians in tow).

There were plenty of ways to get smaller-scale fights in the past two years from various SIGs or even (to a limited extent) from home defense, and indeed for the one HUGE TIMER EVENT of this war we were still able to pull something like 2k, which was enough to win (for example_ GVDT. It's just that our enemies pulled 4k, because we finally managed to piss off too many people (or, perhaps more accurately, too much money.)

I doubt anyone came to the MBC out of anger. They came because they loved the idea of kicking over the sandcastle of Eves most notorious sand castle-kickers. The same people who trampled all over Provi and Brave at the same time for the same reasons. Because it was fun.

They came for fun and spite. They smelled blood in the water and came for a bite.

Besides. If we hadn't gone after lowsec for some fighting. We would probably have died of boredom on our own. Because the only nullsec entities who would take a fight from us was too far away. And in Fozzie sov we couldn't afford to leave Deklein for more than a few days at a time.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

I actually read something the other day that made this (and basically everything about FCON) make more sense

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/169851-freightergate-2012-fa-vs-fcon-edition/

Aw Tark. Those logs are horrible.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Well it was interesting, I just don't think I got detailed instructions on how it works. I hit a formation and then analyse. Then I hit the other button and did the same thing and nothing really happened except the percentage changed. I don't really get it :(

You open the map and then move the probes around to try and catch the signature you're hunting. You then click the edge of the probes scan bubble and pull them closer together to get a more accurate reading.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Scanning is a lot of fun. Some of the most fun I've had has been in my probing flycatcher.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

The way you can tell that it's a scam. Is not by doing the math on the contract. But the fact that it was posted in Jita local in the first place.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

VideoGames posted:

It's very funny to me! One guy even said press enter twice for a faster accept! He was claiming to sell something for 1.11 million, but the contract was 1.11 billion. Very, very cheeky!

What made Jita so popular as a place to buy and sell everything? Did CCP decide it? I need to get that history of EVE book I think.

It used to have the best mission agents so people naturally congealed there.

Over time the agents were removed to make room for more players and now it's a trade hub.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

4th Horseman posted:

So why was wasn't pl forced to endure what they're planning to do to goons? Was it laziness, was money paid, was there another deal struck? For all the 'ruin your game' that seems to be the mantra for goons, why wasn't the final step taken to break and castrate PL's power?

And did no one really think that pl wouldnt be back one day if they weren't shattered?

After B-R we made a deal with PL that they were allowed to evacuate the B-R station and extract. In exchange they would leave the N3 coalition.

They did and so we murdered what remained of N3 and then went home to save Co2 from Black Legion.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

4th Horseman posted:

Was n3 the lesser partner? Also wow, hindsight 20/20 and all but going home to spend resources on co2 and forgoing hitting pl more. That's got to sting.

N3 had more pilots as a whole but PL could field more fire power at a specific location on a shorter notice.

It's hard to "Hit PL more" because they base out of low sec. If they are not taking your fight then you won't be getting one.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Mortanis posted:

How exactly do Armor Repair Drones work? I'm trying out a Logi ship for the first time, but when I launch drones, target another player and right click -> engage, nothing happens. The drones SAY "repairing", but the target's armor never increases. I tried both in and out of combat, and at least out of combat I'm very sure the armor wasn't also going down at the same time I was "healing" it. I meet all the Requirements on the drones. I also tried when the target had regenerated some shields as well as once their shields were completely gone.

What size where the drones and what type of ship did you try to repair?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Mortanis posted:

Medium Armor Repair Drone on a Dominix. I take it there's size limits.

Maybe the drones are just really weak? Engage target is how it works.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 30, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

I just posted in the wrong EVE thread I think. Which one will help me get back into the game after 2+ years and I've forgotten everything?

Goonswarm probably. They have the largest infratructure and financial safety nets of the current goon groups.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Xolve posted:

I think it's more to do with bringing PL a fight has no downsides for PL, as more often than not- we'd absolutely take the fight.

Also- it's pretty easy to back out of a coalition we were never really formally a part of (N3) and continue the Tech/Rental Cartel isk printing (B0TLRD).

Can you really "we" all of this when you weren't even playing Eve at the time? :p

I was there and I'm not we-ing any of it in our new neutral thread.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Xolve posted:

Totally different than pouting in Low Sec though, amirite?

I was, so I am.

Fiiiiine. I just recall you posting a lot at the time about not playing. Though that was a few months later.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

jiggerypokery posted:

I'm sure it didn't. Perhaps a couple more details? (I know what the word means, btw)

Essentially we were going to make people pay rent to keep towers in low sec near our space. People didn't want to pay rent so we burned all of it to the ground and then offered other people to rent the same space. This caused low sec to unite against us. Good fights were had but then the rest of Eve joined them too and our space empire was toppled and now we live in low sec.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

vyst posted:

The viceroy program was high risk and high reward for us to try and generate passive income. The problem is they seemed to forget that everyone hates us.

Yes and who is going to want to try and live in space that Goons ejected for example snuffbox from in order make space for these renters.

The moment we would have left the renters would have been obliterated, chased into high sec and labeled "goon co-conspirators" for the rest of their existence.

I did enjoy the burning though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

YouTuber posted:

It's because Goons are huge babbis who can't handle the prospect of not sourcing every tidbit from Jita directly. If CCP nutted up and fixed Jump Freighters so they couldn't jump out of highsec the game would be infinitely better for it. If JF had to slowboat to a lowsec system before they could jump the game would infinitely better for it. Living deeper in nullsec and local industry will always be a moronic idea until then. No ship distorts the state of the game more than Jump Freighters. In 2007 you could outright kill Alliance war efforts by literally killing all the ships they had on hand. They just couldn't produce enough locally to form fleets after enough beat downs. Coordinated disruption of PvE (What Blackops was formed originally to do) and Strategic Ops would whittle groups down to the nub. RISE was a classic example of this, we killed them so much that they just didn't have ships to use. They would just sit in station listening to RoyofCA's speeches in local. If the same tactic was run against RISE today they'd have an infinite supply of ships since a JF would cyno in directly to the station.

Shots fired you son of a bitch.

• Locked thread