Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

JanIrvam posted:

Hey so I just shelled out the money to check out these forums mainly to get intel and figure out this whole goon thing. Rather than being smart and skulking quietly I just decided to blather some dumb stuff.

So after looking at these SA forums for a bit, like is there no complete forum or house of threads for Eve Online? Like all the Eve goon blather is going to be on the Goonswarm forums and all? Like not a lot of Eve crap actually happens here?

I finally decided to pay money and check out SA because Mittens is constantly saying that "our forums are so much better than /r/Eve" and all. But I am looking at the SA forums and I don't see any easily identifiable Eve goon place.

Oh, and does having this account make me a goon? I can't freaking stand Goonswarm.

Welcome :10bux: friend, go look elsewhere on the forum because there's literally more to being a "goon" than playing EVE and posting in this thread. If you're not a whiny pissbaby you'll fit right in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

JanIrvam posted:

Umm, alright, so if I post here, that makes me a goon. Detesting Goonswarm Federation in Eve is fine?

I mean yeah I guess. But go read other threads in other parts of the site. Get some use out of the $10 you spent other than shitposting here.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Klyith posted:

Resistance-lowering ewar has been proposed but it's not a good idea, because it would be a thing you'd just always use. If I was in charge of eve, I'd introduce a gun or ammo that did 'typeless' damage -- which is an idea I saw used really well in guild wars. Make them have much lower raw damage than normal weapons, and unaffected by resists. Now you have something that's really good for punching up against bigger or more expensive comps, but bad for fighting against similar or cheaper ones.

So like 'true damage' from LoL or Chaos damage from Path of Exile? That would be an interesting thing, maybe tie it into polarized weapons?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

not if you have a ci build

Well yeah. ES is op.

polarized weapons should ignore resistances, i really liked those instalign claw-alpha fleets people did at one point

That would be cancer, but so fun.

Klyith posted:

Yeah when polarized weapons were first mentioned I was hoping they'd be like this, but instead they're the opposite. The no-resists penalty is too big a downside aside from torps on a SB or blasters for ganking.

3. A new ammo type that does magic damage and works in normal guns. This is the most flexible, so it'd need to have a much weaker effect.

I think option 3 would be the best, though if it was tied to polarized guns it would be easier to balance. High damage glass cannons for taking down high targets, though for highsec ganking it would be incredibly strong.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Rhymenoserous posted:

They are already sucking eachother off here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/5hn1xu/everybody_take_a_drink_to_the_keepstar_and/

EDIT: If the new "Future of Eve" is just everybody in eve dogpiling on *Target of the Month* then I'm glad I've unsubbed, because how completely boring.

I think NC/PL needs to be the next target.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

4th Horseman posted:

Every additional Planet you have sovereignty over allows your alliance to deploy another titan. Make sov required to support super cap ownership.make people be forced to plant the flag.

I mean this would obviously be stupid, but something along the lines of sov = power would be good.

Edit: Apparently Kimsemus is in my alliance.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 12, 2016

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Venom Snake posted:

moving the entirety of GSF/redswarm into wormholes would be the worst idea ever which is why we should do it. btw this will probably happen because I made a shitload of "Delve 2016" jokes when we lost all our poo poo up north

Does GSF even have that many autists willing to scan chains and all that logistical work?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Landsknecht posted:

i have a great idea for some goonfleet themed art: have that silly eagle thing doing a goatse pose with bees flying out of it's rear end

please give

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Holyshoot posted:

path of exile's F2P system is perfect. Everything you can buy is cosmetic except for stash tabs. But you get four for free and could technically work with that. Also their "loot boxes" always give you something worth what you paid for the box or more. And it generally comes out to be way more.

You can get Steam trading cards, sell them, and then use that $$$ to buy MTX points from GGG. It's fun. If you use https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiSteamFarm then you just leave your computer on and it'll farm all the games in your steam library, and you don't even have to have it installed.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Catberry posted:

Which is the best Bomber and Interceptor?

Purifier and Malediction/Claw.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

nex posted:

Just came back from spending 3 hours on the Blood Raider thing and holy poo poo is it bad. CCP must be idiots if this is their idea of fun "premium" game play.

In the end it didnīt even drop any loot apparently, and if it did a insta-warp interceptor can snatch it in front of your 450 nerds (noone can even tell because the loot system is terrible).

It dropped loot. Was confirmed by a CCP dude on /r/eve. Whoever grabbed it is just keeping quiet.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

they didn't confirm what the loot was though

tags and ammo is still loot

Non-module loot, and someone has come forth with a Molok bpc for auction.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=521240&find=unread

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

nex posted:

That someone actually got loot is the only funny thing to come out of this whole boring "raid" tbh, its everyting surrounding it that is poo poo.

Well that and the whole t1 frigate thing.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i still dont understand why everyone is upset about the t1 frigate thing

CCP hyped the Sotiyo as a hard encounter that would adapt to what you bring. And then it gets done by a fleet of super cheap ships.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
It's a laughing and crying at the same time thing.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Chakan posted:

I've been away for several years. I saw that there's a free to play option but it looks like it's just T1 cruisers and under so it's not worth it. Is there somewhere I can look at big changes, or can someone type up a couple sentences? I logged in and they changed plex I guess? The Sansha raids were new when I left, never did one, are they still around/worth it?

E: Also, lol that Greedy goblin is still writing about this game.

Is he really still writing? Ayy lmao.

Big changes: jump fatigue for caps so you don't drop them from the other side of the game, t3 cruiser changes incoming, rorqual mining is OP, carriers are active, t3 destroyers, Machariels are cheap, 1 PLEX is now 500 nuPlex, and you need 500 for 30 days of game time. Incursions are still a thing and very much worth it.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Chakan posted:

I'll probably just fit a vexor and try a couple incursions, everything else I might want to do requires more time than I care to put in right now. Thanks!

If you're wanting to use a Vexor, you're gonna have a bad time. You need battleships, and the blingier the better.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

ironbank is making 60 billion isk a day ghost training, and has been for half a year
really makes you think

Isn't he banned still? Along with Lenny. Almost like they were up to rmt.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6967241

"Our changes relating to pirate battleship prices will come in a few stages, with the first arriving next week in our June release and another set of changes coming in July, with the potential of more changes in the future.

In June we are starting to address the supply of pirate battleship BPCs, with moderate changes to the chance of escalations spawning from the most popular high-end anomalies and larger changes to the drop rates of the BPCs themselves from quite a few NPCs.

In July we plan to begin making changes to the material composition of the pirate battleships to increase their build costs somewhat. More details of these changes will come later."

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

only 9T in may, shame, i thought we were gonna break 10 for sure

oh well

What if you include fake Querious?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I had 3/5 of my accounts stop training, and those were the ones that had a sub lapse for a few days.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Worlds Smuggest posted:

It's all about 20 dudes that multi box VNI's and the chain smoking super ratters in Forsaken Hubs.

Nah dude, my alliance has multibox Ishtars, and the supers take Havens.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah Forsaken Hubs are pretty good isk, but the escalation is poo poo. A lot of the Ishtars will just take havens and not do anything else. Really annoying when it's obviously one guy with 4-5 accounts and I want to use my nid.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I wonder how many people actually unsubbed instead of just talked out of their rear end.

Ahh, the salt.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Someone on the forum post for the fighter changes also said if it's about bounties, why not just lower the bounty values instead. Maybe because the bounty values would affect noobs?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Are escalation rates the same or are those being changed as well? Can't remember and I can't be assed to pull anything up.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
CCP lessened the carrier nerfs. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=521682

What:
Light Fighters (Space Superiority): No Change
Light Fighters (Attack): 10% reduction to Basic Attack and Heavy Rocket Salvo damage (was 20%)
Support Fighters: No Change
Heavy Fighters (Heavy Attack): No Change (was 10% reduction to Basic Attack and Torpedo Salvo damage)
Heavy Fighters (Long Range Attack): 20% reduction to Basic Attack damage (was 30%)
Heavy Fighters (Shadow): No Change
NPC Fighter Aggression: No Change (was +15%)
We are working on changes to Anomalies that will reduce the effectiveness of Carriers and Supercarriers. These changes will be announced at a later date.

He also gave some data.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I'll buy your Deklein stuff for 50% Jita, depending on what you have.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Idk why people bitch about asset safety, it locks assets up if the people you're attacking don't get them moved in time, and while assets are being moved you can kill them.

Wait, I know why. Change is bad, grr goons, grr :ccp:, eve is ded.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Would the 'citadel problem' be solved by having every citadel be vulnerable, and then have the current mechanics kick in after the shield has been burned down?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
How did the "greed is good" newsletter get leaked anyhow?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I expect bans to be handed out for the more egregious abuses, like ironbank.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Looks like they're going to punish for any abuse, even retroactively.

"You're right, the wording is a bit vague/misleading. To clarify: We are going after past abusers.

While all exploit abuse is bad, we consider any abuse of a publicly declared exploit to be even worse. That's the distinction we were trying to make in the notification. It doesn't mean that we're going to let abuse predating the announcement slide. I apologize for the confusion.

I want to take the opportunity to urge anyone who intentionally abused this issue to come forward by submitting a support ticket.

I also want to make it clear that our objective is to go after those who intentionally abused this exploit.

You have nothing to worry about if you just happened to benefit from this exploit on accident because your account lapsed for a few days. There is a pretty clear distinction between this and a skillpoint farm that's been set up to benefit from this issue."

Bye bye Globby. :smug:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

nex posted:

i thought all of reddit.html cancelled their subs in a self congratulatory huff over the last week, so idk why they care

I saw Doom make a hurf blurf on /r/Crowfall, all self-masturbatory like. Hopefully people follow through with their quitting, otherwise they're just attention whores.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
GSF is a pretty good group, bunch of assholes and I hate 'em, but that's for in-game reasons. They're a good group to join.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
kick ascee

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I have no idea who I find worse, boat or durr...

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

peak debt posted:

Can I fly my Moros

He said 'with style'. That's an ugly space potato.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Klyith posted:

If you train recon cruisers you can also use them in fleets, I think the huginn is still doctrine.

The downside of recons is that you really need recon 5 for them to shine, or so I've been told.

Huginn and Lachesis are the mainline shield recons. For armor fleets you use t3cs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

The Claptain posted:

I feel sorry for the nation where Boat is the best and the brightest they can offer.

He was sent as a joke.

• Locked thread