Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Videogames is branching out a little into exploration as well as mining. He's been doing the missions for exploring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

wait i watched a youtube video and i thought i should focus on industry, memory, and intelligence? whatever those mean I havnt played this game since early 07? was it really that long ago or am I confused with how long this games been going?

anyways I'm kinda just trying to figure how the controls without the tutorial and its proving to be harder to remember than I thought. doing the mining career job opportunities thing. which the youtube video told me to do

It's referring to attributes, you can remap them somewhere in the character sheet. The training time for skills is dependant upon your attributes.

A lot of the core skills that every ship uses are primarily based on your intelligence stat and to a lesser extent on memory. Drone skills are based on memory mostly, guns and ships on perception and willpower.

Honestly you should probably get Evemon and come up with a plan for what you want to train. Core fitting skills, ships you find interesting, drones, missiles, what types of guns, mining skills, exploring skills and so on, whatever you want to do or be. Then use the optimise attributes function to find the optimal attribute spread for your specific skill queue.

Edit: You also don't need to necessarily do the mining career person. It's good to do all of the career trainers anyway as they give you free ships and modules for every situation.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 27, 2016

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

what if i care less about having the coolest ship and missiles and just want to specialize in something worth botting or something automatic and repeptative that gives good gains or is sought after or something?. is that legal in this game? and keep it going on my phone while I'm out skating and stuff and treat it more like a phone game than a real game?. with little regard to getting banned because lol eve the spaceship game

I have no clue what that entails and havnt even looked into botting. what do goons think of botting this giant space game that holds the country of Iceland's economy or whatever.

is it punishable in Iceland to bot or do bad things in this game btw? serious question

You want to subscribe to a game to make a bot play it for you while you're doing other things?

Doesn't make any sense. Just do the other things. :confused:

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

What's the next ship you will go for VG?

I suggest a Retriever, Hulk or Procurer called Boulder.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

You will eat probations if you go way too overboard with the slapfighting in this thread.

Go get em videogames, make them eat probations for what they did to poor helpless page 10.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Jazzzzz posted:

2) goons actually biting on said hurf

this isn't surprising, been happening since 2001

it's his persistence that's impressive really, that's some real poo poo stirring hard-on to do it every day for weeks (months?)

getting into grudge "I wanna hate-gently caress you" territory at this point

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Despera posted:

I mean when "lol Deklein" gets people mad, it's hard to resist.

every day, for months? there's trying to wind people up and then there's a weird obsession to do it

making nerds mad is fun but there's a difference to casual social trolling and a bein' a trollaholic, you need to lay off the trollahol or you'll turn into deadtear

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

are you idiots really responding to Sick UMADS?? from the guy who fled to test because he couldnt get in anywhere else since is brain is so broken?

I think they should keep biting, Im not sure he'll have anything left to live for if they stopped, would he get frustrated and stop? how would he fill the hours per day void?

what could happen, depression, suicide? Im no psychologist but I think so

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

Tell me of this magical land of mystery.

It's the exact opposite galactic antipode to Troika

He was complimenting us on our luck

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I'm using a little Bantam for it called Ore. :) I also really like the Gurmista skin you can buy for it! Though I cannot figure out if I am reading prices correctly. Is it a million isks?

Pebble might be a better choice for scanning as it gets a bonus to probe scan strength. Makes it easier to find things.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Oh, the market must stop at a certain point and not show me further away places!

Yeah the furthest it shows is the region you're in. The Akianav... However it's spelt place you frequent is a different region to Jita which has the best prices. If you're shopping for stuff I recommend a wee 4 jump jaunt to Jita to get the best bang for your space buck.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

PH??? Huh, so this is what a full blown mental breakdown looks like.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Despera posted:

Its possible not everyone who left GSF, had a mental breakdown.

Of course not, don't be absurd.

Just the ones who joined PH.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Eminai posted:

It could've been worse, PH is better than TEST.

Being stabbed with a clean knife is better than being stabbed with a rusty one.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

gently caress that, if you think there's actual poo poo worth stopping and you're unwilling to air it yourself loving come to me and if it's actually a problem, and not "i ran into this dickhead on a forum and people repeated what i found", I'll go to bat and take the hit for whatever I don't give a poo poo

Was... Was that it? I was expecting worse cause of the coyness, oh well.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Vando posted:

It's almost as if Karmafleet and PH are both good options for people who want to have fun playing this dumb game with slightly different flavourings and trying to claim 'our ragtag band of merry reddit idiots is better than yours' is really loving dumb.

Yeah, oh my god you guys who cares.

Also it's FLAVOR AID not Kool Aid. They drank flavor aid at Jonestown. That is all.

Oh wait I looked it up. I guess it's both, well carry on with the circular arguments then I guess.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 8, 2016

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Well the last couple of pages were some crazy poo poo.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

Just for clarification. This is the guy that was kicked for leaking internal information about the psyops sig right?

he created the cringy psyops thread that both goons and reddit made fun of then said he contacted the Iceland police about the IWI gambling sites. A collection of people regularly accused of being immoral assholes said "hmm, too far maybe" and kicked him, then he had a meltdown and joined pandemic horde and is now part way into a second meltdown

that about sums it up, did I miss anything?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Daco Vato posted:

I am saying these things to you because you remind me of a younger me in some ways.

this is the greatest insult anyone has ever made in an eve online thread

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

somnolence posted:

Agreed.

The "game is bad and unfun" meme has existed nearly since EVE was released.

How is a bad, unfun game still chugging along after 13 years? :iiam:

mystery solved

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Poitoto poitato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Book Barn, bros. There's books, talking about books, uhh, recommending books. Various things relating to books, I guess.

Not eve books though, for obvious reasons. Other ones. Some are set in space though.

• Locked thread