Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues

i like this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

alnilam posted:

Casper's alright, it's his fans that piss me off, acting like they've always big into ghosts now that he's popular, like people who claim to be into dubstep just bc they like skrillex, bithc i been into ghosts since before casper was even dead don't even start

Android Blues

ghosts and demons, while sometimes covalent, are not of the same atom. if you tell a demon it is a ghost it will laugh nervously and then kind of make a head gesture at you like "is this guy for real?". all the other demons will come and roll their many, phlegm-specked eyes at you

Android Blues

i think you should have to be dead in real life to get the ghost tag. other than that i think its fine. im caught in a liminal bound zone between living and dying so maybe i could have 1/2 (or transparent)

Android Blues

everyone thinks they're gonna be a demi lich. don't you sheep realise that the only reason the Elf Queen is able to amass such ponderous arcane power is because we all believe we can clamber over each other in a race to be the smallest, magicest skull rather than just pooling our resources and establishing a communal wellspring of wicked sorcery? they've got you fuckers hooked by the cheek bones

Android Blues

and have you seen those ads in Cosmo where the models are just a single, ruby-encrusted fingerbone? its unrealistic. they arent really like that its just a prop temporarily invested with their soul

Android Blues

i saw paparazzi shots of Quarg the Undying and in reality he has two femurs and a bisected ribcage levitating in mid air that they just crop out in the advertisements. do you really think you can get that magic without seriously harming your essence resonance? news flash idiots: you cant

Android Blues

even quarg has serious demon problems, or so i hear. they're in century spanning legislations for his soul due to its mortal/immortal boundary spanning problems. sure extraterritorial soul reserves can help you dodge essence taxes, but do you really want to be in trouble with Lucifer?

Android Blues

listen. this isnt going to be popular but: just be a hemilich. im sure ill be bombarded with Stone Rain and Tyrault's Wicked Jeering spells for even voicing this oh so scandalous thought but why not check your singleminded greed for arcane might for like two seconds and consider how much of a pain it will be to rock a high collared cape once youre just a floating head. its just gonna make you look like a god drat broom stand

Android Blues

bacalou posted:

if you give a skeleton a robe and a raise undead magic spell that's a lich.

if you give a ghost a robe and a raise undead magic spell that's a wraith.

you can't boil down lichdom in a reductive way like this. what you're describing in the first instance is a common "skeleton mage". in fact a lich, being a continuation of one entity's conscious essence into the ghastly realm of undeath, is closer to a ghost than not.

the truth is though that lichdom is ultimately a social role which questants may approach from many physical angles. a bard plucking the Black String of Eternity to transform themselves into a nightmare spectre of limitless arcane puissance is equally valid to traditional, normative, wizard-based routes of dark ascension

Android Blues

i'm tired in general of people excluding bards, sorcerers and hell, even witches from the aspirational magic skeleton narrative. this isn't the sole domain of those who were rich, lucky and male enough to be given a head start on their vile initiation into the chambers of susurrant mystery any more, and it's time people stopped acting like it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

it's torrid overlords like you, who are willing to connect with their minions despite a significant gap in social background and experience value on kill, that we need more of in today's modern dungeon economy

• Locked thread