Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

go to a psychiatrist and maybe a therapist op you dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

MiracleWhale posted:

go to a psychiatrist and maybe a therapist op you dumbass

op this was advice genuinely intended to help you, but rudely stated for that 'gbs edge'

i see from your other thread that you're already taking some sort of psychiatric medication but it's obviously not working, please talk to your psychiatrist

i am not saying this in an attempt to own you, i'm serious

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

yaaaashillary posted:

no amount of therapy or medication can change the fact that i'm going to die alone

speaking as someone who has been where you are: it's highly likely you can in fact be helped, please reach out and attempt to get that help. in real life, to professionals, not on these the something awful dot com forums

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i gotta be honest and say that i don't believe in the effectiveness of talk therapy but i guess it helps some people. i'd suggest (1) talking to your psychiatrist, and (2) cognitive behavioral therapy

i'm sorry for turning gibbis into e/n everyone but i'd like the op to be having a good time in life and stuff

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Secks Cauldron posted:

Cognitive behavioral therapy is a type of talk therapy.

i suspect most readers understood what i meant but i don't know the correct terminology, feel free to post 'em if you got 'em

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

rabble rabble posted:

you just have to actually consider the idea that you may have to change some long held beliefs and ideas

lol if you think you can talk someone out of being depressed

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

rabble rabble posted:

oh, you're that stupid loving troll that's a worse jon pop

whatever dipshit, go gently caress yourself and stop spamming the forums with your horrendous threads while you're at it please

please stop posting in this thread

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

JiveHonky posted:

but hes right?

maybe so but if he's not, it's not a great thing to say to a depressed person

op I don't know what time zone you're in but either today or tomorrow call your psychiatrist and ignore all the other garbage blather in this thread. your psychiatrist will help you

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

yaaaashillary posted:

I really need some sort of hail mary thing to chase after. There's a 99% chance I'll be even worse off than before but hey, no one expected Trump either.

speaking as someone with severe mental health issues and with many loved ones in the same situation - and believe me, the things you're saying are exactly the sort of things I've said myself and heard them say during difficult periods - I'd say that in the short term what you need more urgently is medication

I'm gonna stop posting constantly in this thread since I've said my piece but I sincerely hope you'll take my advice, and that you take it even if, in your current mindset, you're convinced it won't work. I hope you get better and I believe that you can

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

and if I'm being trolled, gj, I'm owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

yaaaashillary posted:

i'm already on meds, and everything i have said ITT is 100% true.

argh, why am I still replying. your meds AREN'T WORKING. call your psychiatrist

• Locked thread