Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I've clicked a lot of things in my time, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.

Takane posted:

i clicked the link, give me the offered plat.

Convince timp to sponsor you in a new post in this thread before somebody else posts a funnier/better something nice and it's yours.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Magnatux posted:

Convince timp to sponsor you in a new post in this thread before somebody else posts a funnier/better something nice and it's yours.

god damnit just give someone platinum

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Magnatux posted:

Giving me stuff is a charity you can use for tax breaks.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
My mother did her best to raise me and my sisters and I appreciate that. Genesplicer sent me care packages when I was in Iraq in 2006 and I still have the customs labels because I wanted to mail thank you cards to him and the other people but I never did :/

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Also this sweet bird:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Genesplicer is a better mod than this dead gay forum deserves. My mom is a loving garbage fire though.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i'm right clicking and making the hits go backwards

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Magnatux posted:

Takane's mom is working on a Microwave mom's level OP. And you already know how I feel about Daddy Splice

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
new strategy:

i will click the link IF you give me the plat!

balls in your court bucko

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think a better challenge would be that op has to buy every poster in the thread platinum if he doesn't get 1,000 views.

And there is no ban option, lowtax will just take op's CC info from when he bought his account and charge however many hundreds of dollars to it.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 28, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't need plat, buy me a new AV and I'll click, prolly

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Can we get a click count update OP?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
What's the hit count now? I don't want to click to find out.

But I will click if OP can guess my favorite color

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

Stinky_Pete posted:

What's the hit count now? I don't want to click to find out.

But I will click if OP can guess my favorite color

Stinky Brown

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Can we get a click count update OP?

Thanks to cookie clicker, the number of clicks in the world has exceeded quantifiable numbers. Or do you mean on the article? It could be on there, just look. Look from several devices, some of them might not have it at all.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Lame mod challenge so I clicked the link. The link was far worse.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Magnatux posted:

Stinky Brown

Haha, no, that's my prison name.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
will not click.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
hey op you should suck my rear end in a top hat so that runny poo comes out and you slurp it like a slurpee you dickhead

Saint Rude
Aug 21, 2009
I didn't want to click a Buzzfeed article, but

Actually there is no but.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
B Minus 3 Hours 52 Minutes and counting!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

clicked yr link sorry if you get b&

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I was hoping this would be something I could click and gently caress up but turns out if I click it, it'll help you. I'm not going to click it.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

OctoberBlues posted:

Remember that guy that wanted to open a restaurant or something in Toronto and thought we would fall all over ourselves to give him money?

GBS brought that on itself by funding doobie

OP, what were you supposed to do to get clicks? Seems like the assignment would be about SEO or something, not begging people on a forum.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

genesplicer posted:

B Minus 3 Hours 52 Minutes and counting!

You can't validate poo poo. He's free and clear to post failed click bait all he wants.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i clicked and really wish i had not clicked like almost immediately

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Has anyone copy/pasted the article so we can all read and make fun of it without clicking?

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

Absolute Lithops posted:

GBS brought that on itself by funding doobie

OP, what were you supposed to do to get clicks? Seems like the assignment would be about SEO or something, not begging people on a forum.

I have this one weird trick for passing my marketing class.
You won't believe the truth!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OctoberBlues posted:

Remember that guy that wanted to open a restaurant or something in Toronto and thought we would fall all over ourselves to give him money?

link plz

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
clicked link cuz someone else can buy me plat

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012

Magnatux posted:

I have this one weird trick for passing my marketing class.
You won't believe the truth!

One weird trick to pass your class without giving up that rear end Professors are FURIOUS!

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
I'll click dat if u click dis

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Testikles posted:

I was hoping this would be something I could click and gently caress up but turns out if I click it, it'll help you. I'm not going to click it.

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

Answer time:

We had a week to get 1000 hits, my original plans failed miserably. There weren't parameters and restrictions. Marketing isn't my major. The article had 304 hits yesterday morning, I got desperate, GBS gets a lot of traffic.

I noticed there were few of you who were bumping this thread juuust before/as it went to page 2. About a dozen times it was at or near the bottom and suddenly, another post which brought it back up to the top of the front page appeared. Thank you.

Edit: Fair point made. Removed tone.

Magnatux fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 29, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That's a pretty long and stupid way to say "gently caress you" to everyone, I suggest you just ban him anyway.

Cheers!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
what do they call that marketing strategy where you annoy people into doing something? Yeah it turns out it works!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hope you get good grades on your paper! Good luck with your career in marketing, it's off to great start!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Magnatux posted:

Say something nice about your mother and something nice about genesplicer without being mean to anybody else.

Genesplicer once sent me a fantastic random SA care package full of little toys and a cool postcard. 10/10, would trade mail with him again.

My mother, on the other hand, sends me handmade birthday cards. And that's how I know she loves me.

Also, congrats on your 1k views.

Edit: Doesn't matter that plat is given away already, I can still say nice things. :3

Faerunner fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
but where is my plat OP?

• Locked thread