Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
google THIS

had a new holland dragon's milk this evening in celebration of my work reaching $2mil annualized revenue. a very drinkable, slightly sweet bourbon barrel stout with 11% ABV. good thing I only got a 22-ouncer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse

be careful if you get tanked off that your brain will be hosed and the hangover is horrifying

mead update: it's still bubbiling, but now there's a huge amount of sediment. Also I added in a handful of rasins at the start and they look kinda moldy/gross

a good beer for internetin is Hennepin by ommegang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

alnilam

I drink beer, currently drinking a passion fruit pale ale from a local lil warehouse brewery I've been going to since iwas 20 :ssh:

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I gained some weight this year cause I drank a lot of beer :((( why are you so tasty but so bad for me delightful brews

Jebediah Kerman

Quidnose posted:

I gained some weight this year cause I drank a lot of beer :((( why are you so tasty but so bad for me delightful brews

yes I got a gut from the beers

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
no disrespect for the really good beers discussed so far but i deviated from my last few nights of bud light and had some newcastle brown ales, a beer i used to steal from the fridge when my dad had a few left over from a party or bbq and then i had a few miller high life, a beer i hadn't had in maybe a decade or two that reminded me of barn parties at umass and plastic cups

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

op can I repurpose this as a general drinking thread because byob is missing one of those and there are some good recommendations in here

hi how are you ♥

SniperWoreConverse

recently drank "Knockin Noggin" hard cider and if you want to enjoy it you either need to drink small amounts only, or get drunk enough that it tastes good

Jebediah Kerman

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

op can I repurpose this as a general drinking thread because byob is missing one of those and there are some good recommendations in here

sure thing

edit: oh and I had a Double IPA from BJ's, Committed

Trojan.exe

I never said I was a role model
Elysian Space Dust is by far my favourite IPA and has been for years. I recently found out that a cafe near me has been selling beers for a while now, and when I stopped in the other day I found a bunch of these.

Also this is they awesome artwork associated with the beer. A hop blissfully barfing up space dust. In all seriousness, I do want a print of this to have in my kitchen.

small cellphone, small laptop, small gun

big black turnout

i had one of these this weekend i picked it up on the way through ga at a cool little micro brew store off the highway a while back. good, drinkable wit imo

Slugnoid

just bought 24 james squire chancers at $1.70 a bottle. a really great beer but I had to carry them home in a budweiser box because they were only selling them loose. talk about a walk of shame

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 2, 2016

alnilam

Slugnoid posted:

just bought 24 james squire chancers at $1.70 a bottle. a really great beer but I had to carry them home in a budweiser box because they were only selling them loose. talk about a walk of shame

More like a walk of stealth, think of all the would-be beer muggers you fooled into ignoring you :ninja:

Slugnoid

lol im looking at the box now. budweiser call their beers "the most drinkable" :mmmhmm:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 2, 2016

alnilam

Their marketing is based on a basic quality of a beverage. It's drinkable! You can drink it, it's liquid and not acutely poisonous.

Coors isn't much better, last i checked their advertising campaign was "can be served cold"

Slugnoid

alnilam posted:

Their marketing is based on a basic quality of a beverage. It's drinkable! You can drink it, it's liquid and not acutely poisonous.

Coors isn't much better, last i checked their advertising campaign was "can be served cold"

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 2, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i bought a beer called "warka", its big selling point is its the color of the polish flag and there's a winged hussar on the front.

not bad for a £1 beer actually

hi how are you ♥

google THIS

Best Beer in the World® beer: if you forgot to add the sugar and flavoring to Smirnov ice you'd have pretty much the same thing

Killa B
I have a friend going to Myrtle Beach. I'm giving him some cash to try and pick up some local brews that would not be found in our area (Scranton, PA). Can anybody recommend any? It would most likely
need to be available in stores. Styles are not that important since I like most styles. Just not into wheat and white ales. Prefer stouts, barrel aged, and IPAs

World Kraid Center
famed american samuel adams has his illicit juice on sale today so i bought that

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

big black turnout

ive never had a sam adams I liked for some reason

Gomi Day

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
drinking a 40 old olde english 800, right now because i'm really small one one bottle gets me right lit right cheap.

i hear olde english is only 4% or something in the states? that's terrible and totally negates any reason you would want to drink something like this.

SniperWoreConverse

sweet jesus Christ that can't be real. I refuse to believe it's less than like 8

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Killa B posted:

I have a friend going to Myrtle Beach. I'm giving him some cash to try and pick up some local brews that would not be found in our area (Scranton, PA). Can anybody recommend any? It would most likely
need to be available in stores. Styles are not that important since I like most styles. Just not into wheat and white ales. Prefer stouts, barrel aged, and IPAs

anything from creature comforts, Orpheus, wicked weed, burial, and green man.

Quidthulhu

after my stint with beer making me a little bloaty weight last week (it's mostly gone but i want to keep losing) i am switching back to wine for this week to see if the sugar juice alcohol is any better :v:

a recent study actually suggested that two glasses of red wine a night can help you LOSE weight, and i was like CAN I GET A HELL YEAH

of course i'm drinking a Dark Horse Chardonnay right now :v: but I think i'll pop open a red later tonight. we'll see.

Robot Made of Meat

Quidnose posted:

after my stint with beer making me a little bloaty weight last week (it's mostly gone but i want to keep losing) i am switching back to wine for this week to see if the sugar juice alcohol is any better :v:

a recent study actually suggested that two glasses of red wine a night can help you LOSE weight, and i was like CAN I GET A HELL YEAH

of course i'm drinking a Dark Horse Chardonnay right now :v: but I think i'll pop open a red later tonight. we'll see.

Yes. Yes. Indeed.

THAT's why I drink so much. To lose weight. Of course!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Macnult

A friend of mine went through a phase where he bought different bottles of cheap red wine because he thought the labels looked silly. My favorite from his collection was Il Bastardo.

I wouldn't say it's particularly good wine, but the little fellow on the label cracks me up.

yoober

Killa B posted:

palmetto espresso porter from Charleston and I bet it can be found in Myrtle Beach. it was real good.

SniperWoreConverse

Macnult posted:

A friend of mine went through a phase where he bought different bottles of cheap red wine because he thought the labels looked silly. My favorite from his collection was Il Bastardo.

I wouldn't say it's particularly good wine, but the little fellow on the label cracks me up.

lol I seen that SOB

good wine is toasted head because of the ferocious fire breathing bear

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
sipping on a beer & coke tonight

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Been drinking this really cool beer called Miller High Life. It comes in a giant glass bottle with a screw top like a soda.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Been sober since new years. cum tf @ me

lmbo calrissian fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 4, 2016

Robot Made of Meat

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Been drinking this really cool beer called Miller High Life. It comes in a giant glass bottle with a screw top like a soda.

Oh, it's no boxed wine, but then what is?

3D Megadoodoo

As a rule of thumb, if a beer has a witty name, I don't have to taste it to dislike it.

Robot Made of Meat

Jerry Cotton posted:

As a rule of thumb, if a beer has a witty name, I don't have to taste it to dislike it.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i drank six bud lights tonight

it was good

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Oh, it's no boxed wine, but then what is?

My Wine cellar is just pallets of boxed wine

Quidthulhu

Ein cooler Typ posted:

sipping on a beer & coke tonight

????? :confused: is this a real thing???:?

Gomi Day

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
just bought some delirium tremens for the first time, this evening!

it's hecka good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
enjoying a few bud lights again tonight :)

• Locked thread