Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Lonos Oboe posted:

I thought it was stowed under a car seat? I know highly trained people in services walk around with only the final safety as they are in immediate danger and practically sleep with their guns. But I seriously doubt they jam their loaded, cocked pistols under the car seat that they loan to their girlfriend and her family. Never mind the fact the guy is a civilian security guard and that argument does not really cut much ice. And if the guy feels the need to get a weapon without a safety for a job that's primary function is defusing violence and not escalating it then the guy is a loving dope who can't buy the right gun for the right job. That is the attitude of the Florida mom who thought because she was so comfortable with guns she got complacent and started seeing it as an accessory rather than a tool.

Hardly anyone who carries a handgun for their job in 2016 is going to have a gun with a safety catch, period. Glocks and similar pistols have "safety features" rather than an external safety and if a round is chambered pulling the trigger will fire it. And yes, jamming a holstered loaded pistol under the seat is pretty irresponsible even if you don't plan on letting anyone borrow your car. And who knows why he carries as security? Maybe he works for an armored car company that dictates if you work for them you carry a piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread