Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
hmm it sounds like marissa mayer might not be the next steve jobs after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

you'd think that but

they're just trying to get a price cut.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

The Management posted:

they're just trying to get a price cut.

probably trying to acquire only a portion of the business so they can stick the rump Yahoo with all of the liability for the breaches

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

I definitely care about the bust at Yahoo.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

poty posted:

hmm it sounds like marissa mayer might not be the next steve jobs after all

Nah, that's Elizabeth Holmes

Oh wait

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
rmeember watching Other Space on Yahoo Screen? i remember. Remmeber when they spent all that money on Yahoo Screen and hiring katie couric to try and snag that nice fatty ellen/oprah demo and completely failing? i remember.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the yahoo season of community was so bad i couldnt finish it and i love community

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

poty posted:

the yahoo season of community was so bad i couldnt finish it and i love community

I made it like 2 episodes :smith:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

rmeember watching Other Space on Yahoo Screen? i remember. Remmeber when they spent all that money on Yahoo Screen and hiring katie couric to try and snag that nice fatty ellen/oprah demo and completely failing? i remember.

I remember trying to figure out how to watch community on yahoo once and then I couldn't find it under tv or by searching so I gave up

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm pretty sure any junior product manager 6 months out of business school probably would have run yahoo better than meyer did

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

qirex posted:

I'm pretty sure any junior product manager 6 months out of business school probably would have run yahoo better than meyer did

Ok, I'm looking at the powerpoint slides from my 200 level business class in college and while it doesn't say you should start a personality cult....it doesn't say NOT to either.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

An anagram of "Yahoo!" is "Yo! a ho"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Citizen Tayne posted:

An anagram of "Yahoo!" is "Yo! a ho"

Thanks, Natty Ice Zen I

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shaggar posted:

I remember trying to figure out how to watch community on yahoo once and then I couldn't find it under tv or by searching so I gave up

same

also about 12 years ago I got a job offer from yahoo and used it to leverage a fat pay raise from my existing job. thanks Yahoo!

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

Thanks, Natty Ice Zen I

Nice!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i cant wait until marissa is sacrificed

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

BONGHITZ posted:

i cant wait until marissa is sacrificed

by sacrificed did you mean paid tens of millions of dollars to leave?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm sure she'll be crushed, up there in her Four Seasons penthouse with its custom Chihuly ceiling or in her starter mansion in Palo Alto

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

♪♫♪ bustin' makes me feel good ♪♫♪

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

poty posted:

i liked it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

Thanks, Natty Ice Zen I

This is good

But not as good as Tanye West

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

HEH https://investor.yahoo.net/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1193125-17-5897&CIK=1011006

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Linguica posted:

Each of David Filo, Eddy Hartenstein, Richard Hill, Marissa Mayer, Jane Shaw and Maynard Webb has indicated that he or she intends to resign from the Board effective upon the Closing, and that his or her intention to resign is not due to any disagreement with the Company on any matter relating to the Company’s operations, policies or practices.

rip

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ahhahahaha altaba

all that's left is an alibaba holding company

gently caress

Apr 7, 2003

Still thinking about that bust that used to be at Yahoo.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

quote:

The new name is meant to be a combination of the words “alternative and Alibaba,” according to a person familiar with the company’s thinking, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the individual was not authorized to speak on the record about the name change.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

so sick of the media legitimizing alibaba supremacists with this "alt aba" nonsense

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Scott Forstall posted:

if I ever find myself on yahoo I already alt-taba my way outta there, but thanks

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Didn't read, op

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

rip yahooligans.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

yahooligans are now altabastards

Apr 7, 2003

Rip Marissa Meyer. She never scored.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
rip in piss

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the self congratulation that musta inspired the mental moment of "lemme just pose on a yoga ball in a skirt while wearing pumps with curb appeal yeah this is a good idea"

the lofty ambitions of success that musta been floating through that mind

sometime before or after she ordered that stack of nearly self-published books about herself to give to her people or whatever

she still rich as hell tho while I'm broke as gently caress. shoulda gone to business school and/or worn high heels in some conference rooms. the Man run world is so skeezy that both those ideas mighta gotten me places. argh!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

you ever cum and fart at the same time?

cycle those two things through a sleazy MBA program (but I digress) and you just might have yourself a breadwinner of a future

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hmmf so what happens to Flickr now?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the combined synergy of the grand retail aura that is Sears, with its Craftsman tools and Kenmore washers that your lonely wife can cum herself dry on, is a winning match for the 1990s web success of Yahoo! married to its direct from factory straight off the floor alibaba cousin

a winning match

*fist pumps from alligator-moated florida hellscape (but there I am redundant again) billionaire swap suburbia across thousands of miles to cheaper corporate boardroom state via google text no allo no maybe its message something or maybe hangounts no maybe allo?? no its allo for business maybe gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bulgakov posted:

the combined synergy of the grand retail aura that is Sears, with its Craftsman tools and Kenmore washers that your lonely wife can cum herself dry on, is a winning match for the 1990s web success of Yahoo! married to its direct from factory straight off the floor alibaba cousin

a winning match

*fist pumps from alligator-moated florida hellscape (but there I am redundant again) billionaire swap suburbia across thousands of miles to cheaper corporate boardroom state via google text no allo no maybe its message something or maybe hangounts no maybe allo?? no its allo for business maybe gently caress

Sir this is a 7-11

• Locked thread