Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

khwarezm posted:

My understanding was that a bunch of Democrats in Florida ended up voting for Bush(quite a lot more than voted for Nader), and a whole lot more just didn't vote at all.

How come that never comes up?

A bunch of white racists who were registered Democrat for historical reasons but had abandoned the party decades earlier voted for Bush, yes. I don't know if you want to be making the argument that Gore should have done more to appeal to them :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

A bunch of white racists who were registered Democrat for historical reasons but had abandoned the party decades earlier voted for Bush, yes. I don't know if you want to be making the argument that Gore should have done more to appeal to them :shrug:.

Yep that's all those 1 million Democrats were in their entirety man PMom once again is right on the money and insightful as always. :frogdowns:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Didn't you know people only vote for Republicans because they're racist? That sentiment is not at all reductive to the point of uselessness!

NumberLast has issued a correction as of 22:09 on Aug 3, 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Everyone who doesn't vote for establishment Democratic candidates are racist. Whether it be republicans, Sanders supporters, Stein supporters, Johnson supporters, non-voters, independents, etc.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

punk rebel ecks posted:

Everyone who doesn't vote for establishment Democratic candidates are racist. Whether it be republicans, Sanders supporters, Stein supporters, Johnson supporters, non-voters, independents, etc.

and white, and probably male too

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

dylguy90 posted:

and white, and probably male too

Well yeah, who else can be racist?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Nonsense posted:

nightmare stein

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
arise, thread: the hunter from the east has flung the stone what set the stars to flight.

we got a lot of bullshit coming everybody's way.

the question that needs to be asked: what do we do about it?

(that, and who's up for salting some wounds? because i am really salty as fuk today)

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

I'm a salty but not assaulted. Fingers crossed, it'll stay that way!

Nice to hear from you again, friend. :wave:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
if you want to do something go to what's left of your local Democratic Party and let them know that they are losers and neoliberal shills who sold out the working class

then come back the next day with a friend and repeat

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
How do I do this without spending thousands of dollars traveling to my district?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I hear Bernie's got a thing with being a whole thing or whatnot yanno and stuff

https://ourrevolution.com

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Saw some milquetoast stuff from them months ago and have since filtered them out. Will give it another look.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

ThndrShk2k posted:

I hear Bernie's got a thing with being a whole thing or whatnot yanno and stuff

https://ourrevolution.com

Awesome website.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
My belief is people in blue states need to start building up their own miniature versions of "America under a progressive president." Single payer where they can get it going, maybe state banks that lend out to workers that want to turn their workplace into co-ops.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

reignonyourparade posted:

My belief is people in blue states need to start building up their own miniature versions of "America under a progressive president." Single payer where they can get it going, maybe state banks that lend out to workers that want to turn their workplace into co-ops.

thats a great idea

ill start the website

i wont start the website, but its a good idea that you should shout it at your local Democratic party by calling them losers who sold out the working class; bring a friend

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

arise, thread: the hunter from the east has flung the stone what set the stars to flight.

we got a lot of bullshit coming everybody's way.

the question that needs to be asked: what do we do about it?

(that, and who's up for salting some wounds? because i am really salty as fuk today)

Although I do dislike the guy, this video seems relevant (at least, for the Democratic party).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbgIBqycge0

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dante80 posted:

Although I do dislike the guy, this video seems relevant (at least, for the Democratic party).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbgIBqycge0

Cenk called nearly the exact Electoral Vote projection back in July lol

He can be exhausting to put up listening too often times, but he knows what he's talking about.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/kthomasdc/status/796750461927886848

This is a good start.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

:agreed:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
So what's people's opinions of John Wisniewski? He's been in Trenton for a long time, but he was one of the guys who looked into the George Washington Bridge lane closures when Chris Christie was still untouchable. Also, he was one of the few officeholders in New Jersey who endorsed Bernie when the rest of the states' Democrats painted it Hillaryland.

At quick glance, he already seems way better than Phil "Goldman Sachs" Murphy, who looks like a caricature of everything that's wrong with the Democratic Party.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

So I'm bumping this thread because its easier than starting a new one no one will read.
In the next 2 weeks I am:

Attending my state central committee meeting to speak on why I feel the 6 people we are appointing to the DNC this year should vote for Keith Ellison in February.

Hosting an event at our local union friendly bar to bring new people into the state party by having reps from as many of the state caucuses as possible and hopefully our state rep and senator, speak about what they plan to do over the next year and how random citizens can get involved and help.

Trying to pack my state convention in February to get a progressive slate that I'm part of elected at the district level. If I'm really lucky I may be part of the state central committee by the end of February.

Helping my fiancee run for chair of the state disability caucus in order to make it an actual viable caucus that influences policy, rather than the utter mess it currently is that doesn't even have meetings or communicate with its members.

Reaching out to my local cities dem club and setting them up with a Facebook page so people can actually look up when the hell out meetings and events are.

So come on goons, what are YOU doing to drag your party into the 21st century?

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!

mrfreeze posted:

So I'm bumping this thread because its easier than starting a new one no one will read.
In the next 2 weeks I am:

That's awesome! Thanks, mrfreeze.

I hosted a working families party community meeting to meet like minded people, organize, and start coherant plans. Next steps include contacting local reps re: Keith Ellison and Trump's cabinet picks, attending local community/ democratic meetings, and a letter writing campaign to advertisers on lovely rwm.

I plan to attend any local community events and meetings that my work schedule let's me, and tell every human being i know to organize and fight back.

Anyone in Astoria/Queens/NYC who wants to join our little group PM me!

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

mrfreeze posted:

So come on goons, what are YOU doing to drag your party into the 21st century?

As a lifelong Whig I am still working on getting mine into the 20th,

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Are there any other serious contenders other than Keith Ellison?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I heard the establishment was floating Howard "YEEE-HAW, I'M A PHARMA LOBBYIST" Dean as a contender. Other than that, I don't think so.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dean was probably the best DNC chair the party had in ages but it's moot because I thought he pulled out yesterday

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Dean was probably the best DNC chair the party had in ages

If true, burn the DNC to the ground

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Error 404 posted:

If true, burn the DNC to the ground

you know he's the entire reason the 50 state plan worked and all, right? Like, he famously had to fight other dem leaders and all because only he was the one saying 'maybe we should focus on a nation wide plan and go state by state rather than regional'? He was actually a really good party chairman dude.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

All those blue dogs he got elected ran away from Obama or literally ran against him and were wiped out in 2010. Dean must have felt in 2010, what Obama feels now, just seeing everything wiped away.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Well Obama could be doing a lot more but instead he obviously doesn't believe in that and is busy giving medals to billionaires :shrug:

Good riddance, I guess.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm torn between thinking Obama is s disappointment and acknowledging that part of the reason for that is b/c the GOP is a bunch of obstructionist assholes. I can't prove that with a democratic majority, things would have turned out better, though, cause we DID have a supermajority once and promptly pissed it away.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Pollyanna posted:

I'm torn between thinking Obama is s disappointment and acknowledging that part of the reason for that is b/c the GOP is a bunch of obstructionist assholes. I can't prove that with a democratic majority, things would have turned out better, though, cause we DID have a supermajority once and promptly pissed it away.

Why not both?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Error 404 posted:

Why not both?

Point taken. He wasn't hard enough on the GOP and just cowed to them instead.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
None of Obama's worst crimes have anything to do with GOP obstruction.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

you know he's the entire reason the 50 state plan worked and all, right? Like, he famously had to fight other dem leaders and all because only he was the one saying 'maybe we should focus on a nation wide plan and go state by state rather than regional'? He was actually a really good party chairman dude.

So, who bought him, then? Because he's a big old piece of poo poo now.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
dean was always a moderate democrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Woozy posted:

None of Obama's worst crimes have anything to do with GOP obstruction.

hell, just look at the DAPL poo poo for his latest, still-hot turd of a position.

• Locked thread